JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I'd consider it if it were for a charity I was passionate for; otherwise I agree with you sf2la.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:Wow, great idea for some but not for me. I wouldn't 'lower' myself (ha - like I'm somebody!) by paying to meet a celebrity. I could never live with myself.
Same for me!

And I already have a ticket for this show :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
sf2la wrote:Wow, great idea for some but not for me. I wouldn't 'lower' myself (ha - like I'm somebody!) by paying to meet a celebrity. I could never live with myself.
Same for me!

Well - in the end all of us, who have bougth a ticket or several, HAVE paid to see /meet HIM in a way, because its NOT about the play, right? :wink:
Only he doesn´t know about it and we don´t have a chance to blush in front of him, because of it.

So frankly, IF I had money in truckloads, why not? It serves two purposes - charity and some treatment for myself. That reminds me - I have to look up the numbers for the lottery - its on 30 Million right now. If I win, I´ll pay for a handshake for all of you. Deal? :wink:

I remember, there was a charity event and a woman paid half a million pounds to be at the QOS set for one day.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Same for me!

Well - in the end all of us, who have bougth a ticket or several, HAVE paid to see /meet HIM in a way, because its NOT about the play, right? :wink:
Only he doesn´t know about it and we don´t have a chance to blush in front of him, because of it.

So frankly, IF I had money in truckloads, why not? It serves two purposes - charity and some treatment for myself. That reminds me - I have to look up the numbers for the lottery - its on 30 Million right now. If I win, I´ll pay for a handshake for all of you. Deal? :wink:

I remember, there was a charity event and a woman paid half a million pounds to be at the QOS set for one day.
Paying for Daniel??? Why not :twisted:. If it's for charity purposes I would do even charity for myself like GG said :lol:. I would agree to all of you here. And winning in a lottery is a good start :lol:.
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Jana66 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:OK Ladies - get your money out. Place your offer

STEADY NOW - SEE AND MEET THE HOTTEST ACTORS ON BROADWAY!

Tickets to A STEADY RAIN are impossible to get. Sold Out.

But on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 8:00pm at the Schoenfeld Theatre, you and a guest have two VIP seats to see Daniel Craig – one of Hollywood’s best in his highly anticipated Broadway debut – and the incomparable Hugh Jackman - in his return to the Broadway stage following his landmark Tony Award winning performance – in the most highly anticipated new play of the season.

After the show – steady, steady – come backstage to meet Daniel and Hugh.

COURTESY OF Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, the Hartman Group and Michael Passaro.

https://www.cmarket.com/auction/item/It ... d=93906784

Ohhh...this is a good idea, but...sadly, not for me :cry: :cry: :cry:
The price is only $1000.00! I am shocked at how low that is. 2 tickets for good seats at an evening are around $500.00, aren't they? So, $500 to meet DC and HJ isn't too much. And it is for charity.
The lady who bought the tickets to a day on the QOS set and dinner with DC spent a lot of money (can't remember how much). But, for what she spent I would expected more than dinner, like the right to have his son!
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... s-bow.html

Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman are starring on Broadway in a new drama and there are tentative plans for them to transfer with it to London.

The production is called A Steady Rain, written by Keith Huff, and it's a blistering portrait of two Chicago patrolmen caught up in a maelstrom of events that are recounted by Craig and Jackman on a stage bare except for two chairs.

Initially, it doesn't sound particularly gripping, but somehow director John Crowley has enticed his actors to crawl right beneath the skin of these cops, Joey (Craig) and Denny (Jackman).

Frederick Zollo, who is producing A Steady Rain with Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and others, told me he would 'love it to play the West End'. It's more a question of persuading Craig and Jackman to come over. Frankly, it would be a crime if they did not.

The picture the actors paint is not pretty. Joey and Denny are, to put it bluntly, racist pigs and their actions on the streets are as heinous as those perpetrated by cops in James Ellroy and David Peace novels.

Huff elevates to tragic dimensions the life of policemen the way Arthur Miller moulded Willy Loman in Death Of A Salesman. 'In any country, the work of cops is usually a thankless task,' Zollo observed.

In one scene, they recall how they came across a naked Vietnamese teenager but left him in the supposedly capable hands of an 'uncle'.

At the Sunday matinee I attended last weekend, the audience reeled in collective horror when Craig's Joey explained what later happened to the youth.

Earlier, Jackman's Denny talks of driving a prostitute to her run-down apartment, where she takes a baby from the sock drawer in which the child had been left alone, then making love to her as she breastfeeds the kid. Denny calls it 'the closest thing I had to a religious experience since my first communion'.

A Steady Rain is the most potent new play on Broadway - and Messrs Craig and Jackman are electrifying, with the audience craning forward, gasping with each stunning revelation.

From what I can gather, once the play has its formal opening night this Tuesday, the actors will be asked about their thoughts on London.

Interestingly, at one point it was going to come here first. Cameron Mackintosh held the Gielgud Theatre for it, but other forces were in play.

Zollo, Wilson and Broccoli have also acquired the film rights. Huff is writing the screenplay, and Craig and Jackman will surely be in the movie.

I will make a citizen's arrest if they don't come over here.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sounds too good to be true, but a nice read anyway. Thanks Cal :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I've posted this in the Hugh thread as well. He talks about Daniel and the stache too :wink:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/40211#?l=101 ... 1765436001
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Cicero wrote:I've posted this in the Hugh thread as well. He talks about Daniel and the stache too :wink:

some members on here would like if it was fake and he can put it dowm after the show :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Ok so color me silly but I thought that they officially opened last night; but instead it's next Tuesday :oops: I woke up this morning thinking 'Oh fun new pictures!!' but then I was like wait a minute... :roll:
calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:Sounds too good to be true, but a nice read anyway. Thanks Cal :D
You are welcome Dunda. :D

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 66844.html

Keith Huff, managing editor of a medical Web site, typically watches videos of orthopedic surgical procedures at lunch. He doesn't usually field phone calls from James Bond.

But when the phone rang in his suburban Chicago office last spring, it was Daniel Craig, the A-list movie actor (and the latest to portray 007), on the line. Mr. Craig told Mr. Huff he wanted a part in his play about two Chicago policemen.

"It was surreal," says Mr. Huff, who wrote the drama over a couple of weeks in 2005 in the predawn hours before heading out to his day job at Orthopaedic Knowledge Online, a Web site for medical professionals. When the play, "A Steady Rain," opens in New York Tuesday, it will be Mr. Huff's Broadway debut. In a season featuring such marquee-name playwrights as Neil Simon and David Mamet, he'll be a rare newcomer.

So far, ticket sales are huge, and the play is raking in the kind of money normally reserved for splashy musicals. In the week that ended last Sunday, its first full week of previews, "Rain" grossed nearly $1.2 million—a bit more than "The Lion King" grossed in the same week. The hit play "God of Carnage," which cleaned up at this year's Tony Awards, cracked the weekly $1 million mark just once to date in the nearly five months since its first performance.

After writing more than 50 one-act and full-length plays over the past 25 years and serving as an unpaid resident playwright at the Chicago Dramatists theater, Mr. Huff has been waiting for his breakout moment. He never expected it would come in the form of a drama about the conflicted friendship of two cops, a brutal crime and a botched police investigation. "Rain" is somewhat experimental, he says, because it shifts perspectives, jumps back and forth in time and requires both actors to describe the action in detail while directly addressing the audience.

"The cardinal rule of playwriting is 'show it, don't tell it,' and these guys break that rule from the beginning of the play to the very end of it," Mr. Huff says. "They're in our face. They break the fourth wall."

It doesn’t hurt that the actors are action heroes. Mr. Craig, who sports a moustache for "Rain," chose the more introspective of the two roles. Broadway veteran Hugh Jackman, best known as Wolverine from the "X-Men" films, is physically bigger than Mr. Craig and was cast as the alpha-male counterpart.

Mr. Huff says he spent two years putting "Rain" together in his head, then wrote it down quickly. "Once I heard the guys talking, I just let them talk and got out of their way," he says. "Rain" had two runs in Chicago, and the script found its way to Frederick Zollo, a producer and friend of Mr. Craig's. It caught the actor's interest.

A soft-spoken Illinois native, Mr. Huff writes characters who speak with more edge than he does. In "Rain," one character calls the other an "Irish tampon" and refers to a woman's breasts as her "upper frontal superstructure" or, singly, as "gazunga number two." In a note at the start of the play, Mr. Huff specifies that the men should speak with Chicago accents, and he points out that the script has them repeating themselves and making up words. "Sometimes a typo is not a typo," he writes. "Please, trust the script as written."

Mr. Huff married into a police family; his late father-in-law was a commander and his brother-in-law is a retired detective. He based the play partly on stories he heard his relatives tell. He was intrigued by what he calls "that moral gray area that cops get pushed into on a daily basis."

He says he recently sold the film rights to "Rain" for a potential $1 million, and another paycheck is pending if he writes the screenplay. While on leave from his job at the Web site, he's had meetings in Los Angeles to mine film and television prospects, including a possible series, loosely based on Fyodor Dostoevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov," about a Chicago family that owns a commercial construction company. He's also working on a new play, "Nine Toes," about a Los Angeles actor whose plane crashes in the Canadian Rockies in a small town called Nine Toes.

In the summer, Mr. Huff worked with Mr. Craig and Mr. Jackman in rehearsals, where they began and ended each day by giving each other hugs. "I'm not like a real hugging person," Mr. Huff says, "so that's a little odd.
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

there was small film on tmz which showed daniel and hugh on stage and when daniel told woman in audience "you wanna get that?" meaning her phone. he was still in character with chicago accent.

i think that is how they deal with interruptions. they stay in characters. i cannot find clip. :(

maybe it will appear on here under Friday episode yes?
http://www.tmz.com/tmztv/
ImageImage
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

I agree with GG, if money was no option....why not? I could always write off the tax break. The opportunity to meet them both in person backstage? Holy hotness!

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:there was small film on tmz which showed daniel and hugh on stage and when daniel told woman in audience "you wanna get that?" meaning her phone. he was still in character with chicago accent.

i think that is how they deal with interruptions. they stay in characters. i cannot find clip. :(

maybe it will appear on here under Friday episode yes?
http://www.tmz.com/tmztv/
Its on now - but also says - Finally next tmz, so maybe there will be more than this little snippet.
Thanks Cal :D

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Dunda wrote:
Cicero wrote:I've posted this in the Hugh thread as well. He talks about Daniel and the stache too :wink:

some members on here would like if it was fake and he can put it dowm after the show :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I agree but it wouldn't match Daniel´s authentic style :wink: I must admit I'm getting more and more used to the stache by now :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"