Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Not sure about Juniors on Friday, but definitely Saturday. Everything else looks good. Any body up for Sightseeing Sunday?
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Cyanaurora wrote:Not sure about Juniors on Friday, but definitely Saturday. Everything else looks good. Any body up for Sightseeing Sunday?
Juniors on Friday is just a meeting spot for anyone interested in meeting up and getting a bite to eat before the evening performance.

Lu and I are interested in coming into the city in the evening. Please let us know who is available.
Crazy!
Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:Not sure about Juniors on Friday, but definitely Saturday. Everything else looks good. Any body up for Sightseeing Sunday?
Juniors on Friday is just a meeting spot for anyone interested in meeting up and getting a bite to eat before the evening performance.

Lu and I are interested in coming into the city in the evening. Please let us know who is available.
I'm not because I'll arrive at JFK at that time. But on Saturday I'll be at Junior's. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:

I would be and I am sure Cicero, also be interested in meeting up again after the show around 10 pm.
Sharmaine wrote that she and Cy would be interested in meeting at the ASR SchoenfeldTheater from what I undestood.
How about meeting up there after the show and go from there?
We are talking friday, the 2nd, right?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

I agree with meeting up after rather than before on Oct. 2. It sounds like a bit of a squeeze to meet up, eat and then the rest go to see the show at 8:00 p.m. Those that don't have tickets could gather just before the show starts (is that too early?) and try to get in the front of the lineup for stagedoor at the end of the show.....Mind you, we don't have any playbills for them to sign by then.

If anyone has extra playbills has any, we could be standing at the ready?

Personally, I am not looking forward to being crushed by people at the stage door....so I don't know how that is going to fly....plus I won't have a playbill to sign prior to Oct. 3.....hmmmm, maybe he'll sign my wrist then?

Goodness, my head is swimming....I'm so excited.
Last edited by sharmaine on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Regarding October 3, when most of the DtD gals will be together....may I suggest that after our dinner out, post-show that we go to the Empire State Building at night before it closes?

As for sightseeing Sunday....I'm all for that....my last kick at the proverbial can.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sharmaine wrote:I agree with meeting up after rather than before on Oct. 2. It sounds like a bit of a squeeze to meet up, eat and then the rest go to see the show at 8:00 p.m. Those that don't have tickets could gather just before the show starts (is that too early?) and try to get in the front of the lineup for stagedoor at the end of the show.....Mind you, we don't have any playbills for them to sign by then.
I included you and Cy for meeting up after the show at the Schoenfeld.
Anybody from the afternoon crowd will join us also? Pretty please :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Has anyone else bought the New York Pass? Just curious.
If so, we can coordinate some sightseeing together.

I'm thinking of purchasing a 3-day pass (not including bus as I would purchase separately) for October 1/2/3 or
2 (2-day passes including bus) for October 1&2, and October 2&4.

http://www.newyorkpass.com/prices.asp

The bus ticket for 72 hours is $59....plus the 3-day NY pass ($115) = $175
A 2-day bus and NY pass is $125 each x 2 = $250

I need to know if it would be worth purchasing for 4 days or 3. I plan to use the pass and tour bus as much as possible but I'm assuming that not all of the members are going that route.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

If any of you would consider sending me a postcard or borchures from any of the interesting places you visit for a vision board I'm making please pm me and I will give you my address .
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Honestly, I'm completely lost. Someone... Anyone... just tell me where and when to be on Friday evening. :roll:
Crazy!
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

01. october
Hamlet for Sharmaine and Cicero until about 10 pm.
I could meet up for a short chat with them after I have done the queue, which will be around this time. I would come to your theater.

02. october

Cy suggested a lunch meeting at the "Les Halles"
http://www.leshalles.net/ny_park.php

411 Park Ave South something around 27th Street,

So far the following people showed an interest:
Cy
GG
Sharmaine ?
anybody else? Not looking like it will happen so far (probably not)

Meeting up at http://www.juniorscheesecake.com/our_restaurants/
between 5 pm and 5:30 pm for an early dinner or whatever.
So far the following people showed an interest:

Sophie
Karen
Lu
Elaine
GG
Cy?
Cicero
anybody else?

Cicero and GG then go for their eve show.

Meeting up with Sharmaine, Cy and ? AFTER the show at the Schoenfeld for some nightlife.

3 october

Matinee show for several people
Elaine
Lu
Sharmaine
Cy
GG
Cicero

Definite Meeting up of all at http://www.juniorscheesecake.com/our_restaurants/ after the Matinee, which will be around 4 pm

Elaine
Sophie
Cy
Sharmaine
Karen
Lu
FSG
GG
anybody else?

Evening show for Karen, Sophie and GG
EDIT:
Sounds to me like we've got 2 nights where we are meeting:

Friday, October 2 - between 5:00-5:30 p.m. or after the 8: 00 p.m. show
- the plan was to meet up a bit before the show (around 5:00 p.m.) for an early supper at Juniors Cheesecake before those going to the evening performance. Details need to be ironed out for those not attending the show and what happens after the show ends. I had suggested that we could go to the Empire State Building before it closes, if not on this night, then the following night?

Saturday, October 3 - after the 2:00 p.m. matinee
Definite meeting at 4:00 p.m.? at Juniors Cheesecake again?

For some reason, I thought that the Saturday meeting was certain, and the Friday meeting was left to those who can make it....but both are at Juniors, am I right?

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

sharmaine wrote:Has anyone else bought the New York Pass? Just curious.
If so, we can coordinate some sightseeing together.

I'm thinking of purchasing a 3-day pass (not including bus as I would purchase separately) for October 1/2/3 or
2 (2-day passes including bus) for October 1&2, and October 2&4.

http://www.newyorkpass.com/prices.asp

The bus ticket for 72 hours is $59....plus the 3-day NY pass ($115) = $175
A 2-day bus and NY pass is $125 each x 2 = $250

I need to know if it would be worth purchasing for 4 days or 3. I plan to use the pass and tour bus as much as possible but I'm assuming that not all of the members are going that route.

Suggestions would be appreciated.
Sorry it took me so long, Sharmaine. The pass sounds great!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elaine, Sharmaine pretty much said it:

Friday meeting at cheesecake 5 - 5:30 pm. Only Cicero and GG go for the eve show (I think), so its up to you guys, what to do in the eve. Meeting up AFTER the show around 10 pm would be great - means waiting for us (Cicero, GG) to come out and go from there. Going to the EMPIRE?

Saturday meeting at cheesecake at 4 pm.

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Germangirl wrote:Elaine, Sharmaine pretty much said it:

Friday meeting at cheesecake 5 - 5:30 pm. Only Cicero and GG go for the eve show (I think), so its up to you guys, what to do in the eve. Meeting up AFTER the show around 10 pm would be great - means waiting for us (Cicero, GG) to come out and go from there. Going to the EMPIRE?

IMO, Empire State Building at night...just do it. I know this place from my NY-journey long time ago.
BTW, May I also have a postcard for my board, dear GG? Much apprechiated in advance :D :D :D :D :D .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jana66 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Elaine, Sharmaine pretty much said it:

IMO, Empire State Building at night...just do it. I know this place from my NY-journey long time ago.
BTW, May I also have a postcard for my board, dear GG? Much apprechiated in advance :D :D :D :D :D .
Of what? Overal look or something special?