News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:This just heightened the possibility for ASR in London for me - there are big, big, biiig bucks to be made...
si, i have no doubts in the mind that play in london and film will happen
everyone will be in the flush
ImageImage
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:This just heightened the possibility for ASR in London for me - there are big, big, biiig bucks to be made...
si, i have no doubts in the mind that play in london and film will happen
everyone will be in the flush
Money is a good argument indeed. Hopefully is it good enough :D. And hopefully the guys will find time for that. Hugh has lots to do :shock:. It makes no sense with only one of them.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sienna isn't denying a fling with Daniel... (well, neither would I)

Sienna Miller Is Less Promiscuous Than The New York Times Thought

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/1 ... 25073.html

Sienna Miller is the subject of a profile in the New York Times this weekend, but the paper initially reported that Miller was more promiscuous than the reality.
Miller, who is currently appearing in "After Miss Julie" on Broadway, has had a high-profile love life, first gaining massive tabloid attention when then-fiance Jude Law cheated on her with his children's nanny.
The Times profile now begins with these two sentences:
"SERIAL MILLER" is what the London tabloids like to call the 27-year-old actress Sienna Miller, in honor of her long and well-documented romantic history. Her flings have included Jude Law, Daniel Craig, James Franco and most recently the married oil heir Balthazar Getty, with whom she was photographed topless and in a sailor hat.
And this is the correction running at the end of the article:
Correction: October 17, 2009
An article on Page 4 this weekend about Sienna Miller misstates the nature of the relationships that she had with Heath Ledger and Sean Combs. She was friends with both of them; she did not have romantic flings with either of them.
She costarred with Ledger in 2005's "Casanova," and yes, the Times called her engagement to Jude Law a fling.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/1 ... 073.html[b][/b]
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Could Billy Crystal return as Academy Awards host?

On the other hand, this pundit would prefer some new blood take the reigns of the Kodak Theater this year. In that spirit here's a case for some usual suspects, unlikely contenders and fresh faces to host Hollywood's big night.

Fresh Faces

Daniel Craig
- He's not a song and dance man like Jackman, but 007 is arguably funnier that the Aussie and could bring even more class to a night that stakes it reputation on it. Even better, he won't be busy shooting the next James Bond movie.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-11- ... wards-host
Vesper Lynd 007

Of course we all would love to see Daniel hosting, but I'm scared about that. He wouldn't survive that. He's much too nervous and would want the show to end quickly. Even presenting a single Award makes him go crazy. Furthermore he isn't popular enough. That's sadly a fact. IMO it isn't a good idea to let him host such an event.
Daniel Craig 007

Post by Daniel Craig 007 »

I have to agree with Vesper. For Dan it is an honour to give the prizes to the winners at the oscars, but that are only 5 minutes of time and we saw how excited he was when he did that at the last ceremony. He is just too excited and because of that he mumbles and goes to fast a lot. I think he would be too tensed and that it is too stressful for him, so that he rather enjoys watching the ceremony fro a quite good seat in front of the stage.
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I agree with Vesper and DC007. Granted it be cool, but he really doesn't seem to have the type of personality that is comfortable performing in front of 1,000's of people as himself. As a different persona/character sure...but not if it's just him.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I agree with you too.
Not the right match for such a big production.
I have to think about it for a while, I don't know off the top who would be a good person for the job.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I read that they have contacted Hugh to offer him the host job but one of his spokes people said that he was a serious actor not a showman or dancer...
Can't really see Daniel hosting the Oscar's. He's not the type for that kind of entertainment IMO.
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Vesper Lynd 007

Cicero wrote:I read that they have contacted Hugh to offer him the host job but one of his spokes people said that he was a serious actor not a showman or dancer...
Can't really see Daniel hosting the Oscar's. He's not the type for that kind of entertainment IMO.
Such a shame :(. He was GREAT. And I can't really agree. He is kind of showman and has a talent for musicals as well. Wer nicht will, der hat schon. Everyone after him will have a tough exercise.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I loved him too and afterall it's not Hugh´s comment so it's still possible..
I cross what I can :wink:
Vesper Lynd 007

Cicero wrote:I loved him too and afterall it's not Hugh´s comment so it's still possible..
I cross what I can :wink:
True. Nicole Kidman's speakeswoman said she wouldn't be pregnant and just a few after that, Nicole told she is :D. So there's still hope.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cicero wrote:I read that they have contacted Hugh to offer him the host job but one of his spokes people said that he was a serious actor not a showman or dancer...
In his interview with Katie Curic he said, they haven´t asked him yet.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Germangirl wrote:
In his interview with Katie Curic he said, they haven´t asked him yet.
I only just read it a few days ago so it's after the Curic interview. But there are so many rumours anyway so I guess we just have to wait and see what happens.
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

We may be seeing more men with moustaches throughout November :wink:

"Movember (the month formerly known as November) is a moustache growing charity event held during November each year that raises funds and awareness for men's health."

http://www.movember.com/
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")