Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Can't blame you, Sophie :wink:
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sophie wrote:
Rayfan wrote:Geez, Sophie,
LOOK at your avatar.

Crisp, in focus, he's smiling, you look terrific, it's just perfect. I'd have that avatar until the end of time....on my screen saver, in a frame on my mantle, made into a pillowcase...

* sigh *
:lol: well, this is my avatar here, it's my picture on Facebook, I have it on my fridge door, it's also on my desk at work, I have one in my purse...
:D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SentaLoree

November Ticket

Post by SentaLoree »

I've got tickets to see Daniel in NYC late November. I was doing a little research on the stage door stuff. I'm hoping I'll have a chance to see Daniel that day. I don't care so much about the autograph. Thank you so much for posting your pics and the video of that experience. I'm going to try to conjure up that same experience for myself. This will be my first time ever in his presence! I hope I don't faint or do something stupid. Any advice???
Dunda
Administrator

Re: November Ticket

Post by Dunda »

SentaLoree wrote:Any advice???
Take a deep breath, make it count! :lol: :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

i've been told to wait before the play starts? how early should I go there? lol
SentaLoree

Post by SentaLoree »

I hear ya! I keep trying to visualize it. I watch video footage so I'll know what to expect and try to put myself into that scenario (to really make it happen)! Problem is, I keep zoning out. If I can't get a solid thought about it now...how the heck am I going to pull it together if (WHEN) I'm face to face with him! I keep thinking I'll charge the stage!!! Sounds sick, I know. I've just never loved an actor like this before - and to know I'll be that close is hard to even imagine!!! I'm one of those scary fans he probably figures he has!!!!
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Senta, I understand completely. I will be there this Thursday. I.m going to the Friday night show. OMG, I am so excited I keep having to remind myself to breathe. I can't stop talking.
Cal, where are you. I need you to shut me up. I'm going on and on again.
HELP!!!
calypso

Post by calypso »

tbossmc2000 wrote:Senta, I understand completely. I will be there this Thursday. I.m going to the Friday night show. OMG, I am so excited I keep having to remind myself to breathe. I can't stop talking.
Cal, where are you. I need you to shut me up. I'm going on and on again.
HELP!!!
ImageImage
ChristineWhiting

Post by ChristineWhiting »

Just wanted to tell you about my boss's experience. Her husband was running the New York marathon last weekend and they went to see A Steady Rain while they were in the city (from my recommendation). She just came back to work today, and i was gagging to find out how the play was and if they enjoyed it. She said it was great and that even her husband enjoyed it (who normally hates the theatre). They watched the Saturday Halloween night performance and 3 guys sat in the front row dressed up in wolverine outfits. She said that Hugh & Daniel waved and smiled at them, then got on with the play (How funny). She described their talent as follows:'The stage was stripped bear, no gimmicks, no flashy backrounds - just talent that shone from the stage'. I was starting to feel a little twing of "why not me" but I was so glad that they both loved it. Then my jealous/envious radar went off the scale when she told me the follow:
"After the last curtain call the two guys stood center stage and said they were going to hold an auction to raise funds for some charity. Then they both ripped open their shirts to reveal white vests and said the highest bidders could own their vest which would be signed and they could also come backstage and meet them." OMG!! Boss or no boss i said " you F...... lucky cow!". She was out bid but two lucky people paid $5000 a piece for the vests.
After being told that i had a black cloud following me for rest of day. I so hope that this play transfers to London.
Wow - what a night she had and then the marathon the next day for her husband, who completed it in 4hr 20 mins.
Some people have all the luck!
SentaLoree

Post by SentaLoree »

If that happens while I'm there I better not bid on anything or I'll be met with divorce papers when I return home! I'm already going to NYC with a girlfriend - NOT my husband. Plus, I want to go to the show more than once - if possible - but my friend doesn't. I'm trying to decide if I should get a single ticket the next day. That IS why I'm going there - after all!!! I just really want to somehow run into him while I'm in the city. Like maybe when I check out his apartment (they published his address in the states) he'll happen to be walking in/out and I can see him? Or maybe he'll happen to be in a diner while I'm there. I know - I know, I'm dreaming. I really am dreaming of this!!!!
Linda

Post by Linda »

SentaLoree, I hope you do get to see him while you are in NY, maybe outside his apartment. I wrote his address down, but forgot to take it with me while in NY, so did not see it. But I know it was not too far from our hotel. Oh well, have a wonderful time, and let us know all about it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SentaLoree wrote:If that happens while I'm there I better not bid on anything or I'll be met with divorce papers when I return home! I'm already going to NYC with a girlfriend - NOT my husband. Plus, I want to go to the show more than once - if possible - but my friend doesn't. I'm trying to decide if I should get a single ticket the next day. That IS why I'm going there - after all!!! I just really want to somehow run into him while I'm in the city. Like maybe when I check out his apartment (they published his address in the states) he'll happen to be walking in/out and I can see him? Or maybe he'll happen to be in a diner while I'm there. I know - I know, I'm dreaming. I really am dreaming of this!!!!
My advice to see him is just, that you go early on a day, when you don´t see the show and get in the front row. They are fast these days, but better then nothing and a handshake isn´t bad either. From my experience it is definitely better to see the show at least twice. Go alone, if you must, but do it. Its soo worth it and you will probably regret it, if you don´t :wink: Good luck!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sammijane

Post by Sammijane »

If you really want to see him then my advice is the wait outside the theatre and eventually your luck should pay off (unless of course you get arrested for stalking....hehe) :lol:
I once waited about 3 hours for George Clooney when I met him a few years ago when he came to Australia. He seemed a bit surprised that a few of us had gathered and we got photo's, a handshake etc (bit slow on the uptake, I should have asked for a kiss) but settled for what I got.
It was a pretty amazing experience, one that I hope to have with DC one day 8)
Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

Hi Girls,

I have a couple of questions as I am gettin majorly excited to seeing DC very very soon (Nov 21st)

--I just had a couple of questions.....as Saturday there's 2 showing of the play...what time would you guys suggest in standing and waiting outside by the stage door before the play starts?

--What part is the best part to stand? Closet to the stage door, middle or by the end?

--what kind of attire do u have to wear? HAHA are running shoes allowed? lol sorry first time going to something like this

--Can you bring other things for him to sign? or he signs the playbill? If its the playbill where do you get it? Thankssss

:D :D :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jocelyn919 wrote:Hi Girls,

I have a couple of questions as I am gettin majorly excited to seeing DC very very soon (Nov 21st)

--I just had a couple of questions.....as Saturday there's 2 showing of the play...what time would you guys suggest in standing and waiting outside by the stage door before the play starts?

--What part is the best part to stand? Closet to the stage door, middle or by the end?

--what kind of attire do u have to wear? HAHA are running shoes allowed? lol sorry first time going to something like this

--Can you bring other things for him to sign? or he signs the playbill? If its the playbill where do you get it? Thankssss

:D :D :D
Jos - have you read ANY of the threads concerning ASR?

- 1 to 11/2 hours before
-middle
-casual is ok but running shoes? :roll:
-no signing of anything
-Playbills inside when you get seated.