Paparazzi Pics

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh I quite like the odd drought. Keeps us guessing and coming back for more - and the more infrequent the prize is, the more coveted it is. How else could we experience and chatter endlessly about the surprises he offers - stache, rings, etc.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Germangirl wrote:
honeyjes wrote:Some of us are missing the point here, Daniel when at work gives 110% and in is down time goes about the business of being Daniel Craig private citizen. We and the paps know this, and some of us accordingly show some respect whilst others don't. Success shouldn't mean you bow to other people’s demands and abandon your principles. I don’t think being popular is an overriding factor with him so I doubt he’ll ever become a performing seal.

I also think that we’ve become so used to STARS baring their souls that it’s a bit off putting when someone who’s high profile doesn’t follow this route and are then found wanting.
Yeah - extra cudoos for pissing them off. Its true in a way - that he might care less about his popularity then some of us do, me included. I am still split on this, though - I agree on all you say Honey, but I see the struggle, he has to keep them off his back and that is what sadens me a bit. Wish there was an easier way for him to deal with fame.
Just read about the a$$$hole pap in Elisas report...and like I said earlier, he´s made it to the top playing the game according to HIS rules and not theirs...
We ought also to remember that the media quite often build you up to then knock you down. If anything Daniel is doing the right thing as they can't hurt him anymore than they did in 05/06. He's had first hand experience of Jo public and media fickleness hence why he won't be beholden to the piper. I think some of the negativity he still gets is from a segment of the media whose concerted efforts to belittle him failed.

In the cold light of day it’s rather absurd that to garner and maintain good will it’s deemed a MUST for others to crowd your personal space to take and publish pictures of you smiling, walking down the street, having a meal/drinking, on holiday etc. only to be labeled difficult if on occasion you say no.

Bypassing some of the rather questionable unwritten rules for success, I think Daniel is in a stronger position now to chart his own path, because he has kudos on stage, in independent and mainstream filming. He is amongst a rare breed of actors whose resume covers a wider spectrum of artistic endeavours which in turn makes it difficult for him to be pigeon holed. Whatever he does may not be to everyone’s tastes but points to his rather enigmatic persona.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
fond-of-bond

Post by fond-of-bond »

honeyjes wrote:Whatever he does may not be to everyone’s tastes but points to his rather enigmatic persona.
Spot on! I wouldn't want him any other way.

and like BB I have no real desire to see daily pics of him going about his everyday business. I don't agree with that intrusion and it makes me feel uncomfortable looking at such pics, even though I do.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

honeyjes wrote: We ought also to remember that the media quite often build you up to then knock you down. If anything Daniel is doing the right thing as they can't hurt him anymore than they did in 05/06. He's had first hand experience of Jo public and media fickleness hence why he won't be beholden to the piper. I think some of the negativity he still gets is from a segment of the media whose concerted efforts to belittle him failed.

In the cold light of day it’s rather absurd that to garner and maintain good will it’s deemed a MUST for others to crowd your personal space to take and publish pictures of you smiling, walking down the street, having a meal/drinking, on holiday etc. only to be labeled difficult if on occasion you say no.

Bypassing some of the rather questionable unwritten rules for success, I think Daniel is in a stronger position now to chart his own path, because he has kudos on stage, in independent and mainstream filming. He is amongst a rare breed of actors whose resume covers a wider spectrum of artistic endeavours which in turn makes it difficult for him to be pigeon holed. Whatever he does may not be to everyone’s tastes but points to his rather enigmatic persona.
It dates to earlier than that. He got burned right after OFITN when the press tried to make him their pet bit of hot Northern totty and found him to be too honest and blunt for their syncophantic world. At the time much was made of his "earthy" language and he got hammered for that. So did he stop using the F word? Did he heck! He just used it more.

I think where he was hurting at CR time was that water had gone under the bridge and he had built himself a solid reputation as an actor's actor, my belief is that he thought that would carry him through the hoopla.

Unfortunately he didn't reckon with the Bond fanatics adverse reactions to him which egged the press on to hammer him and I think some of those press remembered his brush-off to them in the aftermath of OFITN. As you say, it's now rolled on and some press remembered his determined stance in 05/06 and would love to see him fall because they failed to bring him down.

He's never going to play it any other way than how he himself wants to play it. He's been like that since way before Bond, it's part of who he is.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Germangirl wrote:
All in all - many of us would like him to be more prince charming with the paps, but doing it HIS WAY defines him and he hasn´t done too bad for himself. He had made so many decisions, that we know of along the way, that weren´t the most obvious steps to success but rather built on HIS WAY to see and feel about things. Worked for him so far, I think, because a lot of those steps on the sideways brought him where he is now, which is quite the achievement.

Pics of Hugh every day, pics of Daniel - very rarely, so - it works :wink:
JEC57 wrote: He's never going to play it any other way than how he himself wants to play it. He's been like that since way before Bond, it's part of who he is.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

JEC57 wrote:
honeyjes wrote: We ought also to remember that the media quite often build you up to then knock you down. If anything Daniel is doing the right thing as they can't hurt him anymore than they did in 05/06. He's had first hand experience of Jo public and media fickleness hence why he won't be beholden to the piper. I think some of the negativity he still gets is from a segment of the media whose concerted efforts to belittle him failed.

It dates to earlier than that. He got burned right after OFITN when the press tried to make him their pet bit of hot Northern totty and found him to be too honest and blunt for their syncophantic world. At the time much was made of his "earthy" language and he got hammered for that. So did he stop using the F word? Did he heck! He just used it more.

I think where he was hurting at CR time was that water had gone under the bridge and he had built himself a solid reputation as an actor's actor, my belief is that he thought that would carry him through the hoopla.

Unfortunately he didn't reckon with the Bond fanatics adverse reactions to him which egged the press on to hammer him and I think some of those press remembered his brush-off to them in the aftermath of OFITN. As you say, it's now rolled on and some press remembered his determined stance in 05/06 and would love to see him fall because they failed to bring him down.

He's never going to play it any other way than how he himself wants to play it. He's been like that since way before Bond, it's part of who he is.
The reason I drew on 05/06, is because it was international censure and condemnation.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Nov 10, 2009 : Daniel Craig seen with his girlfriend, Satsuki Mitchell in New York, USA

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

trueblue wrote:Nov 10, 2009 : Daniel Craig seen with his girlfriend, Satsuki Mitchell in New York, USA

I know it is cold in NY, but :shock: Denim under a wind breaker? Where is his down vest?
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Thanks a bunch for this pics :D. Great to see them apart from the stage door. They look great!
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Cyanaurora wrote:
trueblue wrote:Nov 10, 2009 : Daniel Craig seen with his girlfriend, Satsuki Mitchell in New York, USA

I know it is cold in NY, but :shock: Denim under a wind breaker? Where is his down vest?
I remember some of the guys from Depeche Mode pulled that look in the 1980's. But they had leather on top not a wind breaker :lol:
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Cyanaurora wrote: I know it is cold in NY, but :shock: Denim under a wind breaker? Where is his down vest?
And Satsuki doesn't get cold feet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dunda wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote: I know it is cold in NY, but :shock: Denim under a wind breaker? Where is his down vest?
And Satsuki doesn't get cold feet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better than denim on denim! And I take my hat off to any woman that can pull off skinny jeans, although I am not a fan.
Last edited by bumblebee on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Great to see new pictures of Daniel, and as you said, away from the stage door. I wonder what he bought??
calypso

Post by calypso »

Linda wrote:Great to see new pictures of Daniel, and as you said, away from the stage door. I wonder what he bought??
if taken on 10th maybe something for his father and mother in law?
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Actually it doesn´t look to be very cold, because he would be all wrapped up otherwise. :wink: His shirts are so short these days, they always seem to give away the wife beater. :lol: He gives fibes of "I am so not into dressing up these days" Good for him - there is a lot of what I would consider the "old" Daniel on display, the one, who was aboslutely careless with his clothes and with what he wore.

Nice profile shot BTW and I like Sats clothes. Thanks Blue...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..