Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SentaLoree

Post by SentaLoree »

I wonder what the other door was then? They use the same stage door to enter AND exit? If so - that makes it easier.

Thank you very much for all the tips - you can tell I'm getting nervous and excited. Just going to NYC is a big deal for me - let alone getting this opportunity to see him.

Any good questions anyone wants me to ask him? I'd love to get him talking but I'm afraid I'm going to clam up!
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

SentaLoree wrote:Looks like I might be going to stage door Friday night. We're doing carry-on baggage so we may be able to get there in time to see him. If I make it Friday I'm going to call out really loud for Jocelyn! Sounds lilke the timeframes to get in line for both times (before and after show) is 1-1 1/2 hours. Is that correct?

Standing close to stage door sounds smart - but nobody is saying which side. I got a great photo from a D2D person with an X marked on the right side of the door - before the barriers get put up - as to where to stand.

I did watch a youtube video of Hugh coming in before the show and it looked like a completely different door. It said "Imperial" on the door and the surroundings were all different. Can anyone confirm the door they use for ENTERING the theatre?

And BTW - I can use some electronic luck sent my way too! Jocelyn, maybe I can take a photo of him with you and you can take one of him with me - we can stand on opposite sides!!!
I will probably be there too! :) I would get to the door before at least an hour and a half before as Daniel tends to get there at least an hour before. After the show, I'd just make sure to get there 30 minutes, maybe less, before it ends. :)

That SD video is from Hugh's run at The Boy From Oz which was at the Imperial (which happens to be across the street and now houses Billy Elliott). They use the same door to enter and exit and it says Stage Door above it!

Here is a little bit of my luck! :D
SentaLoree

Post by SentaLoree »

THANK YOU so very much. You and GermanGirl have given us really great information. The details, descriptions, times, photos - you've really set me up for this and I can't thank you enough. I'm focusing on what it's going to be like - I'm envisioning it happen. I hope I can see him really well on Friday night - then the rest of the weekend I will be completely floating!

I'll report back on Monday or Tuesday. Take care everyone!

p.s. I love this website. I've always been a closet viewer and never got this involved with the boards before. It's been very fun.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

SentaLoree wrote:THANK YOU so very much. You and GermanGirl have given us really great information. The details, descriptions, times, photos - you've really set me up for this and I can't thank you enough. I'm focusing on what it's going to be like - I'm envisioning it happen. I hope I can see him really well on Friday night - then the rest of the weekend I will be completely floating!

I'll report back on Monday or Tuesday. Take care everyone!

p.s. I love this website. I've always been a closet viewer and never got this involved with the boards before. It's been very fun.
It'll happen and it'll be fantastic! When are you seeing the show? Friday?

ANd this site is great, no? I'm usually a lurker too but its a lot more fun to be active.
Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

I agree with Senta....thanks everyone for all ur advice and pictures....

Hopefully I'll get to see him and it won't be too packed...can't wait to see u 2 girls too tomorrow :P
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Jocelyn919 wrote:I agree with Senta....thanks everyone for all ur advice and pictures....

Hopefully I'll get to see him and it won't be too packed...can't wait to see u 2 girls too tomorrow :P
Looking forward to seeing you!
SentaLoree

Post by SentaLoree »

I've got tickets to the Saturday afternoon show. I'm going to the Friday night stage door and possibly after the Sat. afternoon stage door - then I'm going to try to focus on the rest of the city. My travel buddy will be relieved!

I'm going to yell out "JOCELYN" really loud to see if I can meet you - OK?
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

We found it very helpful to meet at the entrance of Juniors just up the block.
Crazy!
Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

SentaLoree wrote:I've got tickets to the Saturday afternoon show. I'm going to the Friday night stage door and possibly after the Sat. afternoon stage door - then I'm going to try to focus on the rest of the city. My travel buddy will be relieved!

I'm going to yell out "JOCELYN" really loud to see if I can meet you - OK?
LOL ok...i'll prob be wearing a white and blue jacket if that helps lol
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:We found it very helpful to meet at the entrance of Juniors just up the block.
ahhh, memories... 8)
you wanna do WHAT to me?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

1.000.000ImageImage

They have now officially passed the $1 million mark. I believe after last night's show they're around $1,075,000.
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatch ... id=1796889

From Broadwayworld

A STEADY RAIN has now officially raised over $1 million for BC/EFA. With two weeks left, I expect them to reach around $1,500,000.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

I'm so happy for him, because he's worked so hard. And he's stuck to his guns as an artist. If anybody really deserves this success it is him. I know it's been said before in may other ways, but I think it bares saying again. IMO
SentaLoree

Post by SentaLoree »

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that we were successful on our mission! First night into NYC, got right off the plane and went to the stage door. Got to see Hugh and Daniel, shake hands with both, made SERIOUS eye contact with Daniel and spoke to him. As he started to walk away I said, "Keep doing the tough roles, Daniel. That's what makes you a great actor." He looked at me and kind of shrugged. Then right as he was walking away - he came back and hugged Jocelyn (the other D2D fan who went). I got the whole thing on video!!! AWESOME!

Then the next day we went early before our show and saw him enter the building. I just really focused on him - didn't worry about filming it. I got to look into those eyes again - WOW!

Though I hate to say this - both days when I looked into his eyes, they looked rather sad, or maybe just tired. Even my friend agreed. Saturday afternoon they were incredibly bloodshot. I really hope that he is OK.

The show was really, really good. I was so happy to see it. They must have announced six times to TURN OFF THE CELL PHONES! It was pretty funny. Afterward, they did their t-shirt auction. I tried to get photos but I kept getting yelled at by a nasty female usher. I have a couple blurry photos of the open dress shirt. But my mind will never forget the view!

I'll let Jocelyn tell everyone her stories. She was very ambitious and I think it paid off. I was so happy I got to meet Jocelyn in the city and hang out a little bit.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Wonderful to read congrats, bit worried about the eyes. :?
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Great report, Senta :D I'm heading to NY tomorrow so I'll keep an eye on the tired eyes :(
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"