Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

SentaLoree wrote:Don't say you have no hope of meeting him - who knows? Maybe he'll film the next Bond in Chili! Call out what you want and count on it happening - envision it. It can happen!

I never thought in my wildest dreams I would have met him, but when I saw he'd be in the states - NYC - I knew that was my chance. Then the kind people on this site coached me through it all and helped it happen.

I'll hope for you that your dream will come true also - that goes for anyone out there who hasn't had the opportunity...YET.
I agree with Senta. Never say never....who knows what will happen in the future.

Senta...I'm going to miss you when I go again on Sunday...lol u will be on my mind as I stand out in the freezin cold :P
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

The weather forecast isn't great for NY today, but at least the snow will hold off until later this afternoon. So I am going to make every attempt to get in and meet up with sf2la.
Crazy!
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:The weather forecast isn't great for NY today, but at least the snow will hold off until later this afternoon. So I am going to make every attempt to get in and meet up with sf2la.
What? Snow :roll:...brrrr, I hope, that starts...later. Have fun with sf2la and enjoy all.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Jana66 wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:The weather forecast isn't great for NY today, but at least the snow will hold off until later this afternoon. So I am going to make every attempt to get in and meet up with sf2la.
What? Snow :roll:...brrrr, I hope, that starts...later. Have fun with sf2la and enjoy all.
Tis the season! :wink:
Crazy!
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

I hope you and sf2la both have a great time - and hope the snow doesn't hamper you!
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Elaine, a friend of mine from NJ, and I just had a five-hour sushi lunch at Blue Fin - so much fun. They are on their way home now, and I need to get ready for tonight's show soon. We walked into the restaurant in the rain and walked out to beautiful snowflakes. The great thing is, it's that kind of weather that doesn't even feel cold. It's very beautiful.

Last night was the last night of the auction. The guys' bantering was very cute. It's great to see them being very happy about their run on Broadway, the amount raised for charity, and their new and obvious close friendship.

There's no fighting the clock - after tomorrow, his time is his own. I bet he can't wait.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

BYE, BYE "A STEADY RAIN"

I wanted to give those of us, who want to have a final word on the whole experience - may it have been in New York or at home a place to do this.

JEC has said nicely, what I wanted to - so I use her version :wink:
JEC57 wrote:Thanks to those who got close to Daniel during ASR, as GG said, we came closer to the real man and in no way did he disapppoint his fans.

We got to see him consistently day after day in front of hundreds of people at the stage door and he proved to be a gorgeous man with a charming and beautiful personality, a fun sense of humour, caring, kind-hearted and patient with his fans, all shot through with that "edge" that he always has, the testosterone-fuelled "man's man" edge.

I think we have been given a gift this year that maybe will not be surpassed ever. The icing on the cake for me has been the generous way that DtD members have shared their experiences, photos and film with those of us unable to get there. It has been a wonderful few months.
It was the most perfect time having been there - in an exciting city, meeting great people, seeing a good play with two actors, who worked their pfa´s off to meet up to expectations and beyond plus, of course, meeting Daniel outside at the stage door, where he comes as close as he will ever get for us. And I loved every f***ing second of it.

It was a risky thing to do like so many of his undertakings - not the least because of the accents, but it paid off very, very well for him and he succeeded on every level as far as I see it - inside and outside of the theater. :wink:

Now its over and this chapter of our "life" with Daniel will be closed, but there is always something new to look forward to, as fortunately he loves his work...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

well said and I just wanted to add that the whole experience was particularly great because it could be shared with people who are able to UNDERSTAND that it wasn't just any play, it was THE play :wink:

It was a joy to meet up with other addicted fans and a special thanks to Elaine, who habored me any my daughther.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

I'm very glad for all the ones who were so lucky to meet Dan :D. It was great to to read all your reports! Thanks for sharing all this! Now let's hope for London some day :D.
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:I'm very glad for all the ones who were so lucky to meet Dan :D. It was great to to read all your reports! Thanks for sharing all this! Now let's hope for London some day :D.

I have to agree with V. Thanks soooo much to everyone who went to the show for sharing their experiences with us less privileged mortals!! It's been unbelievable seeing all the pics and reading the reports - THANK YOU ALL!!! xx
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:well said and I just wanted to add that the whole experience was particularly great because it could be shared with people who are able to UNDERSTAND that it wasn't just any play, it was THE play :wink:

It was a joy to meet up with other addicted fans and a special thanks to Elaine, who habored me any my daughther.
Simply put... Wonderful.

And it was my pleasure, though it wasn't as plushy as a NYC hotel room. No chocolates on the pillow, but you survived!
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Dunda wrote:well said and I just wanted to add that the whole experience was particularly great because it could be shared with people who are able to UNDERSTAND that it wasn't just any play, it was THE play :wink:

Simply put... Wonderful.

And it was my pleasure, though it wasn't as plushy as a NYC hotel room. No chocolates on the pillow, but you survived!
and a great plus was that I could sit down at the breakfast table only 3 minutes after waking up, no worries about bed-hair and so....

You had to deal with a natural Dunda :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:

Simply put... Wonderful.

and a great plus was that I could sit down at the breakfast table only 3 minutes after waking up, no worries about bed-hair and so....

You had to deal with a natural Dunda :lol: :lol:
And bespectacled natural Elaine is such a treat! :lol: :lol:
Crazy!
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

The last two months have been kind of weird for me. I had so much fun in NYC, it was simply amazing. I felt so happy those 3 days I spent overthere, visiting the city, meeting you girls AND meeting our man. I miss it very much, that feeling of complete happiness :cry: and in the same time, I can't believe how lucky I was to have been there :D
My moods have been like a roller coaster since I came back but I know I'll be back to normal some day ( what is normal anyway :wink: )
Luckily, there is this forum to help me with these withdrawal symptoms...

London next summer?
you wanna do WHAT to me?
Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

I am also very sad that the run is over. I had never seen a Broadway before in my life....so having the opportunity to watch a Steady Rain as my first Broadway was a tremendous treat.

Never in a million years would I have imagined getting to see Daniel...and being soo close to him :P

The past couple of wks will be memories that I will treasure forever. At times I think back and I'm all happy and giggly lol...then the next I am depressed and sad.

All in all it was a great pleasure meeting some of the D2D fans :D And thanks to everyone being so helpful with my questions. And I agree with Sophie that good thing there is this forum or else I would have to keep everything all bottled up inside with no one to share with lol

If this goes to London...I will most definately save up $$ to go next Summer :lol: