News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

calypso wrote:
bumblebee wrote:19 is so young! What is she doing? Love or not, that young man is still growing and evolving...
i wonder what daniel think but maybe she not seek advice, she in love and that all that matters but 19 is too young i think.
Reckless. To dive into marriage and pregnancy. I sound judgmental but really, is it necessary to bounce from one marriage to the next when teenagers and babies are involved. (call me a prude)
calypso

Post by calypso »

bumblebee wrote:
calypso wrote:
bumblebee wrote:19 is so young! What is she doing? Love or not, that young man is still growing and evolving...
i wonder what daniel think but maybe she not seek advice, she in love and that all that matters but 19 is too young i think.
Reckless. To dive into marriage and pregnancy. I sound judgmental but really, is it necessary to bounce from one marriage to the next when teenagers and babies are involved. (call me a prude)
i agree but pregnancy im sure not planned so they want to do the right thing but maybe aaron want to marry her. i think sam maybe might not want. im sure he wants to be seen to do the right thing by her.
she have lots of money too.
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

calypso wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
calypso wrote: i wonder what daniel think but maybe she not seek advice, she in love and that all that matters but 19 is too young i think.
i agree but pregnancy im sure not planned so they want to do the right thing but maybe aaron want to marry her. i think sam maybe might not want. im sure he wants to be seen to do the right thing by her.
She's 42 and hasn't heard of contraception? That would have been doing the right thing.
calypso

Post by calypso »

bumblebee wrote:
calypso wrote:
bumblebee wrote: Reckless. To dive into marriage and pregnancy. I sound judgmental but really, is it necessary to bounce from one marriage to the next when teenagers and babies are involved. (call me a prude)
She's 42 and hasn't heard of contraception? That would have been doing the right thing.
si so maybe she want baby.
i not know, my head spin.
:-k
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

calypso wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
calypso wrote: i agree but pregnancy im sure not planned so they want to do the right thing but maybe aaron want to marry her. i think sam maybe might not want. im sure he wants to be seen to do the right thing by her.
si so maybe she want baby.
i not know, my head spin.
:-k
His too when that kiddo pops! :wink:
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -hunk.html
Bring back the brawn! Joan Collins laments the demise of the Hollywood hunk.

how can this article not even mention daniel?
i throw flour over it. Image
Last edited by calypso on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... worth.html

Ted Hughes to be honoured with Poets' Corner memorial alongside Wordsworth.

Former Poet Laureate Ted Hughes is to be honoured with a memorial in Westminster Abbey.

The tribute reinforces his position as one of the most significant poets of the 20th century.

John Dryden, John Masefield and Alfred Lord Tennyson are all buried in the Abbey while there are memorials to John Betjeman, William Wordsworth and Robert Southey.

Yorkshire-born Hughes, who was Poet Laureate for 14 years until his death in 1998, will be commemorated in Poets' Corner with a floor stone or wall plaque.

There is no automatic qualification for a place in Poets' Corner. Hughes was accepted for the accolade by the Dean of Westminster, the Very Reverend Dr John Hall, who took soundings from academics and critics.

Hughes's memorial will be in the South Transept, in the company of the graves and memorials of other poets and great writers. His ashes will not be re-interred there.

The writer - born in Mytholmroyd, West Yorkshire, in 1930 - found immediate acclaim with his first book of poems, Hawk In The Rain, in 1957 and over the next 41 years, he wrote nearly 90 books, winning numerous prizes.

He won the Whitbread Book Of The Year prize posthumously in 1999 with Birthday Letters. He had been awarded the prize for the first time only a year earlier for Tales From Ovid.

Dr Hall said: 'Deciding within a few years of people's death that they will be remembered in hundreds of years' time is of course impossible. And yet, it is sometimes right to make such a decision, as Deans have done over the centuries.

'By no means every Poet Laureate has been commemorated in Poets' Corner. But the overwhelming weight of advice I have received suggests that this is the right decision.'
ImageImage
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Have you made any flubs while on the job as a host?

I was in London interviewing Daniel Craig. It was so hot under the lights that I decided to hold an ice cube in my hand to cool down.

When the ice started melting and dripping down my hand, Daniel got distracted and asked what was up. He calls me the Ice Man now.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BN ... 06219.html

:lol: :lol:
calypso

Post by calypso »

AFTER his star turn in Kick-Ass, Aaron Johnson should be setting his sights on becoming a Hollywood star.

But incredibly the 19-year-old Brit is putting his fledgling career on hold to raise a family with his pregnant 43-year-old fiancée - artist and director Sam Taylor-Wood.

Aaron fell for the divorced mum-of-two when starring in Nowhere Boy last year.

Taylor-Wood directed the film in which Aaron earned critical acclaim playing a young John Lennon. The couple announced her pregnancy in January this year.

Talking exclusively to The Sun, Aaron, who plays geeky Dave Lizewski and his superhero alter ego Kick-Ass in this latest movie, said: "I am going to take some time off because I am going to be a dad soon.

"I can't wait. It is going to be a brilliant year for me. That is what is on my mind, not what film is coming out."

Following Kick-Ass, Aaron, from High Wycombe, Bucks, has a movie called Chatroom already completed which is due out later in the year.

He said: "Apart from that I am staying at home. What have I got to rush for? I want to be with my newborn baby.

"It will be one of the greatest things and I wouldn't possibly want to miss it. Life is more important than what film I do next."

Aaron hinted his wedding to Sam - who has two daughters aged 12 and three from her previous marriage to art dealer Jay Jopling - could take place very soon, even while she is pregnant.

He said: "We haven't set a date. We are thinking about it. I would like to get married sooner rather than later.

"Whenever Sam feels happy to slip into the dress with the baby bump, we will do it. We talk about the wedding all the time."

Aaron is delighted with the reception Kick-Ass has received. He said: "Everyone has responded fantastically to it. I am very proud and very happy. I just hope people go to see it."
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sound very mature this boy! :wink:
I suppose he's feeling that right now. Hopefully he will not regret later all the opportunities he MIGHT miss.

I really hope it'll work out. STW deserves some luck in her life after all she has been going through.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

Dunda wrote:Sound very mature this boy! :wink:
I suppose he's feeling that right now. Hopefully he will not regret later all the opportunities he MIGHT miss.

I really hope it'll work out. STW deserves some luck in her life after all she has been going through.
si i hope.

tom ford was there also. it seem that everyone end up together yes? like everyone always six degrees away from knowing daniel craig. :lol:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... party.html
click on link for picture of tom ford as it from getty

also regarding this story i post earlier: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -hunk.html:

some answers to this, people feel same way, they mention Daniel much!:

I have to disagree with Joan on this. Russell Crowe, Clive Owen, Gerard, Butler, Daniel Craig...the list goes on! Also, most of the "pretty boys" she mentions are in their early 20s at the lastest and are still maturing. Seriously, Taylor Lautner just turned 18 - let's give him a couple of years and judge him again when he can grow facial hair!

- Allison, Washington, DC, 23/3/2010 16:47

Daniel Craig? One needs to know HOW to act as well.

- will fez, Tokyo, Japan, 23/3/2010 9:20
(this one get red arrows down? why? :evil: )

I think that she is looking at the world through wimp coloured glasses. Case in point: Daniel Craig ~~~~ He is a much a man's man as anyone else she listed.

- Michael, US, 23/3/2010 8:39

What is she talking about, there are lots of manly man actors out nowadays: Gerard Butler, Russell Crowe, Daniel Craig, Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Javier Bardem, Colin Farrell, Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Eric Bana and the late Heath Ledger.

- Alison, Bath, 23/3/2010 1:55

Although I don't get the Zac Effron/Taylor Lautner/Robert Pattinson/Shia Lebeouf phenomenon myself, George Clooney isn't the only talented, (ruggedly) handsome, sexy, charismatic actor today. I love Robert Di Niro, Daniel Craig, Clive Owen, Liev Schreiber, Colin Farrell, Eric Bana, Brad Pitt, Pierce Brosnan, Bruce Willis, Tom Wilkinson, Tom Hanks, Billy Peterson (of CSI fame), Morgan Freeman - and yes, Johnny Depp & Sean Penn. I'll gladly see any of their movies, TV shows or plays and they all make me weak in the knees in their own inimitable ways.

I'm also a big Joan Collins fan - then & now. You go girl!

- Beanie, Boston, MA USA, 22/3/2010 23:24

What about Daniel Craig? He is a very manly looking man to me! Christopher Eccleston is too. I am sorry to say that there are far too many men grooming themselves like women these days. It's bad enough that they look a bit feminine, but many compound it by wearing make up, shaving or waxing away every trace of their manly body hair and plucking their eyebrows! In other words, they spend a lot of time prettifying themselves. Next they will be mincing around in high heels, like women! I am all for taking care of yourself but I think a lot of them go a bit too far.

Bring back manly, rugged men - for goodness sakes!

- Helen, London, UK, 22/3/2010 17:37

Don't forget Daniel Craig - there's a rugged he-man.

- Jules, London, UK, 22/3/2010 17:33

si i sweep up some flour yes? at least some people got it right. :lol:
ImageImage
sharmaine

Frieda Pinto

Post by sharmaine »

Germangirl

Re: Frieda Pinto

Post by Germangirl »

This is already denied by her agent, but in the end - this doesn´t mean, its totally untrue. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

look at these pictures, some look like satsuki and daniel.. :shock:
http://www.life.com/image/ugc1034962/in ... een-photos
http://www.life.com/image/ugc1034942/in ... een-photos
http://www.life.com/image/ugc1035052/in ... een-photos
he dress right :twisted:
http://www.life.com/image/ugc1034912/in ... een-photos
daniel look like him in tha famous picture on qos of him in jeans and jacket.
this look like daniel much in flashbacks, same outfit, white shirt, jeans
http://www.life.com/image/ugc1034922/in ... een-photos

and this :shock: :twisted:
http://www.life.com/image/ugc1034932/in ... een-photos
Last edited by calypso on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Classic styling, you can't beat it. Plus a big donger with nowhere to go but right! :oops: