JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/tonynig ... index.html

Tickets to the Tonys

Radio City Music Hall

Tickets to the American Theatre Wing’s 64th Annual Tony Awards® ceremony at Radio City Music Hall will be available for purchase here at TonyAwards.com on Tuesday, May 4, beginning at 9:00 a.m.

Don’t forget to watch the Tony Awards Nominations Announcement on Tuesday, May 4, at 8:30 a.m. here at TonyAwards.com. Then at 9:00 a.m., look forn the link to purchase your tickets for the big night!

Tickets will be priced at $429.50 and $229.50.

Tickets for people with disabilities are available through the Radio City Music Hall Disabled Services Department at (212) 465-6115

The American Theatre Wing’s 64th Annual Tony Awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, June 13, 2010 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. All patrons must be seated by 7:00 p.m. No latecomers will be admitted. The Tony Awards ceremony is a Black-Tie Only event.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Tickets will be priced at $429.50 and $229.50.

:shock: :thud: :shock:
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I certainly hope Daniel will get nominated :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I'm really pissed :evil: :evil:

I'll be in New York from 3rd - 11th June. Why the hell didin't I plan to go one week later??.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:I'm really pissed :evil: :evil:

I'll be in New York from 3rd - 11th June. Why the hell didin't I plan to go one week later??.
This sucks big time :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

What a shame, Dunda :(
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Robert Felberg predicts this year's Tony nominees

Remember way back last September, when the big news on Broadway was two film stars, Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, starring in a new drama, "A Steady Rain"?

After a long and busy theater season, that seems like ancient history, and when the Tony nominations for 2009-10 are announced Tuesday, neither the actors nor their play are likely to make the cut.

Actor in a play

In a loaded category, Christopher Walken ("A Behanding In Spokane"), Alfred Molina ("Red") and Norbert Leo Butz ("Enron") are shoo-ins. Good bets are Denzel Washington ("Fences") and Liev Schreiber ("A View From the Bridge"). Jude Law ("Hamlet") is knocking on the door
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Fans choice awards 2010. You can vote for Daniel. I must say though, it's a bit long winded!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/vote2010.cfm
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Fans choice awards 2010. You can vote for Daniel. I must say though, it's a bit long winded!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/vote2010.cfm
..and you have to register at the end :evil: No thanks...

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

30 minutes to go - I don´t have high hopes, though...

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WTF - Jude over Daniel - I never found his critics were any better then Daniels, rather au contraire, plus now it doesn´t work to say, those early performances are forgotten later on. Anybody - but this pisses me off...sorry..

Jude Law Hamlet
Alfred Molina Red
Liev Schreiber A View from the Bridge
Christopher Walken A Behanding in Spokane
Denzel Washington Fences

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Germangirl wrote:WTF - Jude over Daniel - I never found his critics were any better then Daniels, rather au contraire, plus now it doesn´t work to say, those early performances are forgotten later on. Anybody - but this pisses me off...sorry..

Jude Law Hamlet
Alfred Molina Red
Liev Schreiber A View from the Bridge
Christopher Walken A Behanding in Spokane
Denzel Washington Fences
I don't think it helped that Hugh would be in this category either. Seems like it was a both or nothing kind of deal. And Jude Law was consistent with his performance.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Oh well it doesn't really surprise me! Although most critics thought DC put in a good performance, not many rated the play. I think in this instance he was let down by the material. :cry:
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Oh well it doesn't really surprise me! Although most critics thought DC put in a good performance, not many rated the play. I think in this instance he was let down by the material. :cry:
Eh. I think its what you do with the material more than the material itself. Critics weren't all that interested in the actual play of Hamlet or A View From the Bridge for that matter but I know what Liev did with it (and I'm assuming Jude- I passed on that three hour show) was phenomenal.

Although you could be right. Neither Bebe Nuewerth nor Nathan Lane were nominated for the Tony's for their performances in The Addams Family which I hear isn't a great show but has really great performances. They'd been getting nominated for every other award so it's surprising about their lack of nominations.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The Tony Nominations: Who Got Snubbed?

With so many Hollywood A-listers crowding the acting categories, it was inevitable that a few wouldn’t get nominated. But neither Hugh Jackman, a Tony winner and awards show host, nor Daniel Craig were nominated for their performances in “A Steady Rain,” and the play was not nominated for a Tony. The cast of the badly reviewed “Bye Bye Birdie” revival, including John Stamos and Gina Gershon, didn’t say hello to any nominations, either

Comment:
Surprised to see nothing from BRIGHTON BEACH nominated. I thought it was a near-perfect revival with award-worthy performances by the whole cast. Yes, I think Daniel Craig deserved a nod. I liked Ron Cook's Polonius. Missing, too, Tony Shaloub and Stanley Tucci for TENOR. Alicia Silverstone for TIME STANDS STILL. and I admired Michael McKean and Kate Buddeke in SUPERIOR DONUTS.
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/ ... t-snubbed/