Cowboys and Aliens news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

House will be minus Thirteen when it returns next season.
Olivia Wilde is taking time off from the Fox hit to shoot a starring role in the big-budget sci-fi Western Cowboys & Aliens.
“Olivia will be there at the very beginning of the season, and then she will not be there for a period of time,” explains executive producer Katie Jacobs.
Production on the Jon Favreau-helmed Cowboys — which is set to get under way next month and continue through the summer — is expected to overlap with season 7 of House by at least two months. The film also stars Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, and Sam Rockwell. (Fun fact: Lost boy Damon Lindelof co-wrote the script with Fringe exec producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.)
“She had this opportunity and she was really excited about it,” says Jacobs. “We’re very proud of her and very happy for her.”
The seeds of Thirteen’s departure were planted in last night’s season finale when, in the final moments of the episode, the Huntington’s-afflicted doc announced that she was taking a leave of absence from Princeton Plainsboro.
“The two things — the dates that she was going to be away and the story line [we wanted to tell] — worked out,” says Jacobs. “When the story unfolds, it will [all make] sense.”
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/18/ ... f-absence/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote: Also the shape of his chin looks wrong.

hmmm that could be cause by such a thing :twisted: :lol: :lol:

didn't they search extrax with mutton chops? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Please god, I'm pleading with you on bended knee...please, please don't let Daniel grow one of those!! :shock:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Not joking - all who have a twitter account could post to Jon Fabreau in favour iod NO facial hair.

http://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau

@ Dunda - did I tell you recently, that you are an evil woman? :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is an intreresting post, because I think, he is not alone in this oppinion, even though I didn´t read any negative comments about Daniel replacing RDJ or just very few.
I could really care less about this project. I don't think Jon Favereu can succeed without Robert Downey Jr as his lead actor. I can't believe Craig decided to work with him. Daniel Craig is a very propererly trained and professsional actor - and a no nonsense one. Favereu is the total opposite of that. Where Robert Downey Jr is one of the greatest actors around he also has a very funny sense of humor. Craig isn't like that. So we will have to wait and see. I just don't see Craig doing well with Favereu as a director. Craig is more serious.
One more reason, why I am so excited, he is doing this film. They will be SOO surprised to see him playing off the funny parts as good or better then RDJ would have. Will do him a world of good with the audiences.

:D

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunno, if that was someone from here, but the more the merrier :wink: (Was that you, Vesper?)

April_Nessie @Jon_Favreau Please NO facial hair for Daniel Craig! He's awesome without!

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig Feature Film

Daniel Craig starring in new Dreamworks Feature Film!!! Accepting union and non-union submissions. Pays $759.00 day... Storyline Based in a city in Arizona where the western settlers and Indians are forced to put aside their differences and work together when a visitor from another planet crashes in their city. -- Project Type: Feature Film
http://phatskills.com/index.php?action= ... ce=Twitter

:shock: Doing what? As an Extra?

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:
I could really care less about this project. I don't think Jon Favereu can succeed without Robert Downey Jr as his lead actor. I can't believe Craig decided to work with him. Daniel Craig is a very propererly trained and professsional actor - and a no nonsense one. Favereu is the total opposite of that. Where Robert Downey Jr is one of the greatest actors around he also has a very funny sense of humor. Craig isn't like that. So we will have to wait and see. I just don't see Craig doing well with Favereu as a director. Craig is more serious.
One more reason, why I am so excited, he is doing this film. They will be SOO surprised to see him playing off the funny parts as good or better then RDJ would have. Will do him a world of good with the audiences.

It's again with this misconception that Daniel is a "miserable" person. :roll:

This gets repeated so often by those who cannot be bothered to actually listen/read/watch his peers who say what a total cut-up and funny guy he is. They've obviously also never bothered to watch him at work. He is sooooo funny in some of his interviews that it is too obvious that he has a child-like and delightful sense of humour.

I think we should send this guy the Giggles Vid that I made to show him how funny Daniel really is. :lol:
Germangirl wrote:Daniel Craig Feature Film

Daniel Craig starring in new Dreamworks Feature Film!!! Accepting union and non-union submissions. Pays $759.00 day... Storyline Based in a city in Arizona where the western settlers and Indians are forced to put aside their differences and work together when a visitor from another planet crashes in their city. -- Project Type: Feature Film
http://phatskills.com/index.php?action= ... ce=Twitter

:shock: Doing what? As an Extra?
Maybe we should all apply and volunteer to do it for free! :wink: :lol:
Craigangel

Movietrailer

Post by Craigangel »

Hi!

Is there any word om date of release? I have tried to search youtube for a trailer on the remake of Cowboys and aliens but no luck.
Germangirl

Re: Movietrailer

Post by Germangirl »

Craigangel wrote:Hi!

Is there any word om date of release? I have tried to search youtube for a trailer on the remake of Cowboys and aliens but no luck.
July 29, 2011 :D Only competiting directly with Capt. America.
Last edited by Germangirl on Thu May 20, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

It's again with this misconception that Daniel is a "miserable" person. :roll:

This gets repeated so often by those who cannot be bothered to actually listen/read/watch his peers who say what a total cut-up and funny guy he is. They've obviously also never bothered to watch him at work. He is sooooo funny in some of his interviews that it is too obvious that he has a child-like and delightful sense of humour.

I think we should send this guy the Giggles Vid that I made to show him how funny Daniel really is. :lol:

Maybe we should all apply and volunteer to do it for free! :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Good idea.
In all fairness though, I do think, that it is not surprising, the average moviegoer might receive him this way. They might have seen some bits of an interview, read some crap, that´s in the papers and see his pap pics, which are not really giving away his nice, funny personality.
I do like other actors, of course, but can´t be bothered to try to figure out their true personalities and just go by what is put in front of me and somehow form an opinion out of that, too, which might turn out to be as wrong as some peoples opinon about DC and also - he isn´t exactly making it easy for the Everyman to see beyond his stern, sometimes grumpy look for example in the pap pics.

The comment, I posted is not even nasty, I feel, he even admits of liking him as a serious actor, but can´t see him playing it funny and humorous. Well - he/they will be soo surprised :D

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I belive extras work for free at least in crowd scenes . They filmed at our dog track in
St Pete for Oceans 11 and I think all they got was fed for free . Smaller scenes were they walk by or something they get paid . Movies would cost so much more if they paid that to everyone . Also they use computer graphics to fill in scenes or put in dummies .
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.thereader.com/film.php?subac ... om=&ucat=8&

Cutting Room
I’m as surprised as you are, but it turns out the upcoming Cowboys and Aliens has a plot. I figured they’d just go with a cast (Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde) and a director (Jon Favreau) and jam special effects in there for about an hour and a half. The voiceover on the trailer could just say, “It’s Bond meets Indiana Jones. Explosions! Aliens! Hot chicks!” It would be awesome. Anyway, the plot is that in 1873 a dude wanders into a town called Absolution (they were going to name it “Obvious Metaphor” but nobody could spell it). The town is run by Colonel Dolarhyde (Ford), who is apparently a bad guy with a terrible last name. Then aliens come and only the nameless dude, a hot chick (Wilde) and Apache warriors can stop them. Wow, did I call this a plot? My bad. Let’s go with “a series of ridiculous words placed in proximity of one another.”

:shock:
ImageImage
Linda

Post by Linda »

''House will be minus Thirteen when it returns next season.
Olivia Wilde is taking time off from the Fox hit to shoot a starring role in the big-budget sci-fi Western Cowboys & Aliens.''

Boy, I am slow. I didn't know who she was until I saw her picture. She is a good actress. I wonder, will she be a love interest to Daniel's character? Can't wait till we see this movie, but of course we have Dream House before that. Next year will be a great Daniel Year.