Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:299
ACTORS NOT ACTING DOUCHEY
Word from the newly wrapped set of the feature DREAM HOUSE starring Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts is that Daniel Craig is lovely and personable to everyone. So often we hear stories of actors being douchey on set so we thought we’d pass on a story that suggetss the opposite. Beyond, Daniel being sweet to everyone he was very understanding of forced calls (finishing late and then allowing the production to call you in early even though it technically violates the term of your contract), and some uneccessary early calls that were due to either AD eff ups or just bad luck. Our insiders say that he just sucked it up and did his work.

Rachel Weisz was similarly lovely.

Our sources say that another actress on the movie was not particularly accomodating or sweet or talented

Does this mean thet Naomi is a bit difficult to work with?

http://www.killthedoor.com/2010/05/acto ... g-douchey/
I love hearing reports like this. That's our man!! :thumbup:
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

JEC57 wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:299
ACTORS NOT ACTING DOUCHEY
Word from the newly wrapped set of the feature DREAM HOUSE starring Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts is that Daniel Craig is lovely and personable to everyone. So often we hear stories of actors being douchey on set so we thought we’d pass on a story that suggetss the opposite. Beyond, Daniel being sweet to everyone he was very understanding of forced calls (finishing late and then allowing the production to call you in early even though it technically violates the term of your contract), and some uneccessary early calls that were due to either AD eff ups or just bad luck. Our insiders say that he just sucked it up and did his work.

Rachel Weisz was similarly lovely.

Our sources say that another actress on the movie was not particularly accomodating or sweet or talented

Does this mean thet Naomi is a bit difficult to work with?

http://www.killthedoor.com/2010/05/acto ... g-douchey/
I love hearing reports like this. That's our man!! :thumbup:
Very true! :wink:
Thanks,SG! :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

In 3 1/2 years I have never heard anything else. This is why actors and directors want to repeatedly work with him. Its a good way to ensure work for a long time to come.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

That's the main reason why I'll always love this guy. There are a lot of good actors out there, but knowing that someone is a lovely human being makes it so much more rewarding to follow their career.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Does anyone know when this movie will hit the cinemas?
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Cicero wrote:Does anyone know when this movie will hit the cinemas?
This is the most recent statement I could find.
"expected to be in theatres early-mid 2011"
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yes, so nice to hear. I wouldn't care for him either if her were a jerk.

When I read this by Bradley Cooper, I thought to myself that even if he were as good looking as Daniel, I could never like him. He says stupid stuff like what's at the end of this article. Gimme a break...aargh.. Daniel would never say that stuff. Think it - yes; say it - no.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dai ... y_id=64886
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

I must say, even though I'm terribly jealous of Rachel and Naomi, I am glad that Daniel has two classic beauties along side him in this movie. Classic beauties with acting talent, at that!
"I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me. Whatever is left of me - whatever is left of me - whatever I am - I'm yours."
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

sf2la wrote:Yes, so nice to hear. I wouldn't care for him either if her were a jerk.

When I read this by Bradley Cooper, I thought to myself that even if he were as good looking as Daniel, I could never like him. He says stupid stuff like what's at the end of this article. Gimme a break...aargh.. Daniel would never say that stuff. Think it - yes; say it - no.

I don't think he meant it in a narcissitic way though. The way I read it was he was just proud that he finally got his body buff like he always wanted and that he achieved that because of his role in the movie. But I could be wrong :P
"I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me. Whatever is left of me - whatever is left of me - whatever I am - I'm yours."
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Mariah wrote:
sf2la wrote:Yes, so nice to hear. I wouldn't care for him either if her were a jerk.

I don't think he meant it in a narcissitic way though. The way I read it was he was just proud that he finally got his body buff like he always wanted and that he achieved that because of his role in the movie. But I could be wrong :P
Oh, I totally agree with you. BC seems like a very likable guy. I just think it's more appealing if they don't talk about it. Daniel was so cute/sexy when Kimmel asked if he looked at himself in the mirror after working out for Bond and DC didn't answer; he just kind of laughed and smiled.
Just my opinion :lol:
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

sf2la wrote:
Mariah wrote:

Oh, I totally agree with you. BC seems like a very likable guy. I just think it's more appealing if they don't talk about it. Daniel was so cute/sexy when Kimmel asked if he looked at himself in the mirror after working out for Bond and DC didn't answer; he just kind of laughed and smiled.
Oh yeah, I can agree with that. I guess not every one can be a perfect and charming in interviews as our Daniel, eh? :P
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Mariah wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Mariah wrote: I don't think he meant it in a narcissitic way though. The way I read it was he was just proud that he finally got his body buff like he always wanted and that he achieved that because of his role in the movie. But I could be wrong :P
Oh yeah, I can agree with that. I guess not every one can be a perfect and charming in interviews as our Daniel, eh? :P
:lol: 8) :lol: I can't think of another star who acts so shy about that kind of thing. Totally charming!
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

sf2la wrote:
Mariah wrote:
sf2la wrote: Oh, I totally agree with you. BC seems like a very likable guy. I just think it's more appealing if they don't talk about it. Daniel was so cute/sexy when Kimmel asked if he looked at himself in the mirror after working out for Bond and DC didn't answer; he just kind of laughed and smiled.
:lol: 8) :lol: I can't think of another star who acts so shy about that kind of thing. Totally charming!
If only there were a million of him to go around. He's got me setting my standards too high for other guys now hahaha.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

"If only there were a million of him to go around. He's got me setting my standards too high for other guys now hahaha."

I just did a cut and paste to save space...

OMG! It is so true. Seriously, it is a REAL problem. We laugh, but he makes the situation so B L E A K out there :( :roll: :wink:
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Anglophile wrote:
Cicero wrote:Does anyone know when this movie will hit the cinemas?
This is the most recent statement I could find.
"expected to be in theatres early-mid 2011"
Sorry for getting back to you so late... I was hoping it would be in cinemas earlier. I guess I just have to be patient :wink:
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"