News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

You are too fas for me , is on IMDB under GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO on the bottom .
calypso

Post by calypso »

Laredo wrote:You are too fas for me , is on IMDB under GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO on the bottom .
it says here release date 2012..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568346/

and it say johnny depp as lead actor

johnny Depp ... (rumored)
Carey Mulligan ... Lisbeth Salander (rumored)
Viggo Mortensen ... Mikael Blomkvist (rumored)
George Clooney ... (rumored)
Johnny Yong Bosch ... (rumored)
Peter Haber ... Peter Haber
Sven-Bertil Taube ... Henrik Vanger

i not see link you talk about laredo
ImageImage
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Under message board .
calypso

Post by calypso »

Laredo wrote:Under message board .
oh yes, you have to login to leave a message on boards.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just did leave a message. Come on guys, lets vote for our man :D

All the responses were positive - so people seem to want DC in the role. I only read very few comments, who wouldn´t prefer him in the role. so - if the prods go by what the audience wants, he should get the role. Lets hope, the power to be listen to that and not get blended by the names of Depp or Pitt. Go for Craig and you can´t fail.. :wink: Its the sort of role, he is sooo good at.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

'Blomkvist, Mikael Blomkvist'
Speculation has been growing as to the identity of his cast for months, and previous contenders for the lead role have included Brad Pitt, who has collaborated with Fincher on several of the most successful projects on his CV. Craig is arguably a far better fit for the rough-around-the-edges role, though, and his sudden availability may have presented an opportunity too good to pass up. The British actor was originally supposed to be spending this year filming the latest James Bond film, but that project is on hold until MGM's financial future can be resolved.

In the days since Craig was first linked to the role, excitement about his casting has reached fever pitch on the hundreds of blogs devoted to Larsson's work. Although neither Craig, nor Fincher, nor even Sony, which is releasing the film through its Colombia label, have confirmed any deal, they have conspicuously failed to deny that negotiations are under way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 92724.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Somehow I'm not pleased at all, because that would mean I would have to read the two remaining books. The first was pretty boring and I was thinking of dumping the rest...

I cannot imagine Daniel as MB - a middle aged Swedish guy?! C'mon! And would they have to adopt stupid accents? Daniel doing a Swedish accent for two hours?! Oh, please, NOOOOOOO... The Russian one was painful enough.

The good might be that they might shoot it in Sweden...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

agrippina wrote:Somehow I'm not pleased at all, because that would mean I would have to read the two remaining books. The first was pretty boring and I was thinking of dumping the rest...

I cannot imagine Daniel as MB - a middle aged Swedish guy?! C'mon! And would they have to adopt stupid accents? Daniel doing a Swedish accent for two hours?! Oh, please, NOOOOOOO... The Russian one was painful enough.

LOL - but have to say, that you seem to be pretty alone in that reception of the book. Most seem to like it a lot. And in my book, Daniel can be just about everything he cares to be. Middle aged guy - sure, why not? :wink: He IS middle aged anyway or almost. The accent doesn´t seem to be a problem, because all the other guys considered for the role are american, which might make it even more difficult to adapt a swedish accent.

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I didn't know DC was considered for this role but I think he would be a good choice since he is blonde and has (amazing) blue eyes. I can't see Clooney or Depp as a middle aged Sweedish guy. Viggo would be a good choice too and the accent shouldn't be too difficult for him since he speaks Danish :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm all for Daniel being in 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo" if that's what he so wishes... It's all about script and story for him and he can turn his hand to any role, he is that good an actor! :)
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

The story has made it into at least one of the "broadsheets" here in the UK.

("broadsheet" = better quality press :wink: )

'Blomkvist, Mikael Blomkvist'

By Guy Adams in Los Angeles
Sunday, 6 June 2010

The financial crisis has left Daniel Craig's most famous alter ego shaken and stirred. But just like James Bond, the British actor is a master of reinvention.

For his next big role, he may be about to step into the shoes of a subtly-different literary hero: Blomkvist, Mikael Blomkvist.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 92724.html
calypso

Post by calypso »

old interview on the dangerous price of fame:
http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity- ... he-road/1/
Daniel Craig: Paparazzi tried to force me off the road

Actor was hounded by press in London

Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Daniel Craig couldn't believe how hard he was hounded by London photographers after he hurt his shoulder during a stunt for Quantum Of Solace..

Paparazzi were so determined to get a snap of him, they refused to leave the 40-year-old alone.

‘I’ve got 10 photographers chasing me around and they’re in cars, trying to force us off the road because a shot of me in a sling is apparently a news story,’ he says. ‘It’s just incredibly odd.’

Daniel is pursued in the same way in New York but finds he's less hassled in the country.

‘Once you get away from the cities and into the middle of nowhere, even if people recognise you, they’ve got more important things to think about, like getting on with life,’ he tells the Telegraph magazine.

‘If I didn’t have that, if I couldn’t escape, I’d go insane.’
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

British TV Bafta Awards
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/30 ... BAFTA.html

Channel 4 care home drama The Unloved, which was written by Brit Hollywood star Samantha Morton (Enduring Love) took the single drama prize.

Morton grew up in a care home as a youngster and used her inspiration to make the gritty film.
ImageImage
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

agrippina wrote:Somehow I'm not pleased at all, because that would mean I would have to read the two remaining books. The first was pretty boring and I was thinking of dumping the rest...

I think british actors sound foriegn enough w/o having to do swedish .

I hated it when Cruise didn't attempt one for Valkyrie and Cotsner for Robin Hood .
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.daemonsmovies.com/2010/02/20 ... nd-poster/
Check out the trailer and poster for THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO starring Noomi Papace, Michael Nyqvist, Lena Endre, Peter Haber, and directed by Niels Arden Oplev.

I have not yet read the book the movie is based on, but heard lots of really good things about it. The trailer looks pretty good, but I think I’m going to read the book first before seeing the movie. I just hope the film does the book justice.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Synopsis: Forty years ago, Harriet Vanger disappeared off the secluded island owned and inhabited by the powerful Vanger family. There was no corpse, no witnesses, no evidence. Nearly forty years later a journalist by the name of Mikael Blomqvist gets an unusual assignment. He’s contacted by Harriet’s uncle, Henrik Vanger, who wants him to find out what really happened to Harriet. Mikael takes on the job, with help from mysterious biker girl and computer hacker Lisbeth Salander. This unlikely pair form a fragile bond as they dig into the sinister past of this family and find out just how far they’re prepared to go to protect themselves – and each other.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will be released to theaters on March 19, 2010. Watch the trailer and check out the full poster below.

ImageImage