News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

ishmael69 wrote:
JEC57 wrote:I like the idea of Dragon Tattoo as well, I've not read the books but from what everyone here is saying, it looks like a really meaty role.
:dance2: :jump: :happyrunning:
WOW, this is terrific news!
Hi everybody, sorry for having been out of the loop for a couple of months :blush:
I was just browsing through the news bits when I saw that he might actually be playing Mikael Blomqvist... this is a dream come true!
And to think that my very first post in this forum was about which movie role we would like to see him play, and I wrote that he would be absolutely perfect as Stieg Larsson's lead male character... Darn, God exists! ;)

Daniel in my imagination has always been ""Kalle Fu#*ing Blomkvist" (as Lisbeth calls him). Indeed, when the first movie was released I was utterly disappointed by Michael Nyqvist, the Swedish actor who impersonated Blomkvist. Even though he delivered outstanding performances in previous movies (e.g. "Together" and "As it is in Heaven") he totally failed to translate Blomkvist's ruthlessness and very distinctive sex appeal... Daniel surely won't! :twisted:

Elaine, I know Carrie Mulligan only from "Brothers", where she was excellent, but to me any female actress will hardly compare to Noomi Rapace, who just was and still is "the" Lisbeth Salander for many of us, Millenium fans. But I might change my mind... ;)

JEC, if you haven't done it yet, you must read the whole Millenium trilogy... now! You'll be hooked in a minute and you'll be reading the three volumes back to back! Surely not a major piece of literature, but a very intriguing crime epic story with the most original, compelling, conflicted, and memorable two protagonists we have seen in decades in mainstream fiction!

Beg to moderators: will you open a separate thread for this new project once it is confirmed? Please? Pretty please? :adore:
Just saw the news about the 4th book, I am 1/2 way through the 2nd one and the 3rd one is waiting for me.
I agree. I am hoping Daniel will get the part, he seems to be natural for the part. As I read hte book I was visulizing him as Blomkvist before it was evern a thought he could be in contention.
We hve to keep our fingers crossed.
But 4 movies, do you think it will fly with him? (Daniel)
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -ever.html

latest picture of brad pitt
ImageImage

he filming right now but maybe he get into part to try to play tatto film?
:evil: i hope not. daniel look better.
Last edited by calypso on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Oh no, that not good, I wonder if he is going to get the part?
Good work Luna.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

ishmael69 wrote: Beg to moderators: will you open a separate thread for this new project once it is confirmed? Please? Pretty please? :adore:
If confirmed, we'll do in an instant, you can bet your life on that! :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

BP has probably shaved it off for Moneyball (who wants that mountain-man look for their movie unless it is a remake of Grizzly Adams :lol: ).....so calm down ladies. Not necessarily a sign he has got the Tattoo part.

Deep breaths and repeat the mantra...."the role is Daniel's, the role is Daniel's." Image

ishmael69 wrote: JEC, if you haven't done it yet, you must read the whole Millenium trilogy... now! You'll be hooked in a minute and you'll be reading the three volumes back to back! Surely not a major piece of literature, but a very intriguing crime epic story with the most original, compelling, conflicted, and memorable two protagonists we have seen in decades in mainstream fiction!
Welcome back ismael.....good to see you!!! :dance2:

I keep meaning to pop into the library to borrow these......I promise I will do so today on the way home. :thumbup:
calypso

Post by calypso »

JEC57 wrote:BP has probably shaved it off for Moneyball (who wants that mountain-man look for their movie unless it is a remake of Grizzly Adams :lol: ).....so calm down ladies. Not necessarily a sign he has got the Tattoo part.

not got the part but auditioning
ImageImage
ishmael69

Post by ishmael69 »

tbossmc2000 wrote: But 4 movies, do you think it will fly with him? (Daniel)
Honestly, i don't think the 4th Millenium book will ever be released.

Too many legal controversies between Larsson's family and his partner of 30 years, architect Eva Gabrielsson, who lately declared that she does not want to see any other book published. Even though she initially admitted that there are some 200 pages of a script on Larsson's computer, which is still in her possession, nobody has ever seen it, not even the publisher. Larsson himself wrote, in an email to his friend John Henri-Holmberg, that the 4th book was far from being completed, and that it would end up being some 600 pages. He also said that he had only written the beginning and the end, but no episodes in the middle... I fear that's really too much for a ghost author to complete it :(

I'd happily settle for the Trilogy... 3 is the perfect divine number :wink:
ishmael69

Post by ishmael69 »

Dunda wrote:At least in the movie there has been no other femal character in the movie with a screen time of more than a few minutes.
Lisbeth is pretty much the leading character and her acting will be crucial.
Lisbeth made a major apperance here, the screentime is almost the same as Michael's
Beware of the three movies, they were heavily purged when compared to the original novels. In Larsson's trilogy there are many more female characters, not as central as Lisbeth but definitely relevant to the admittedly convoluted plot. Swedish movie producers opted to eliminate most of those female figures from the cinematic versions in order to emphasize the romantic element between the two leads (not so prominent in the books) and also because almost all of the female characters end up being Blomkvist's lovers at some point in the books... quite a (honest) womanizer our beloved journalist! ;)

Fingers crossed that the US producers will be less prudish and more faithful to the Trilogy... we'll see a lot of Daniel in, ahem, action... :twisted:
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

ishmael69 wrote:Beg to moderators: will you open a separate thread for this new project once it is confirmed? Please? Pretty please? :adore:
Ishmael, you have the power! :wink:
Crazy!
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Ishmael, all very well put. I do hope the US version is more to the book.
Bottom line, there is some good stuff to look forward to.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

calypso wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -ever.html

latest picture of brad pitt
ImageImage

he filming right now but maybe he get into part to try to play tatto film?
:evil: i hope not. daniel look better.
Brad Pitt is doing a film about the Oakland A's manager.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://therealdeal.com/newyork/articles ... star-power

The sixth James Bond and his longtime producer girlfriend, Satsuki Mitchell, paid $1.78 million last month for the one-bedroom duplex penthouse with three terraces in this Tribeca condo (the deed was filed in Mitchell's name). Craig was previously reported to be renting a $38,000-per-month three-bedroom apartment at Midtown West's Park Imperial, a unit once inhabited by Nascar driver Jeff Gordon, who now owns at 15 Central Park West.

so the apartment officially belongs to satsuki. :wink: which could be a present to her.
Last edited by calypso on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

George Stienbrenner died .
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

calypso wrote:http://therealdeal.com/newyork/articles ... star-power

The sixth James Bond and his longtime producer girlfriend, Satsuki Mitchell, paid $1.78 million last month for the one-bedroom duplex penthouse with three terraces in this Tribeca condo (the deed was filed in Mitchell's name). Craig was previously reported to be renting a $38,000-per-month three-bedroom apartment at Midtown West's Park Imperial, a unit once inhabited by Nascar driver Jeff Gordon, who now owns at 15 Central Park West.

so the apartment officially belongs to satsuki. :wink: which could be a present to her.
Lucky Sats.......but no prizes for guessing what bitchy assumptions the hacks on the basura sites will make of that tidbit! :roll:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

calypso wrote:http://therealdeal.com/newyork/articles ... star-power

I imagine taxes have more to do with it .

I read he and Ford will be at comic con . I wonder if he will talk about Tin Tin too since that wll be out sooner unless it takes longer to draw or whatever they are doing with it . Animation takes a long time .