THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Don't you also think, that the problem with the Lisbeth role is, that the actresses shy away from the challenge of being as good as NR? Even more so the established actresses - if they fail in the comparison, they might be afraid it hurts their career. Not everybody is as brave with taken challenges as Daniel - many wanna play it save.
True, with all the critical acclaim NR has received it must be a daunting thought to step into her shoes knowing that you will be immediately compared to her. The fear of failing and living up to her standard must be high.
Incidentally, I watched the Swedish version last night. It was very good.
However, it missed some parts of the book out. Not serprising really considereing how detailed and complex the book is. Some of the characters in the book do not even appear in the film or only appear very briefly.
Should be interesting to compare both versions. Scott Rudin who is producing Fincher's version has said that he has deliberartely not watched the Swedish film so that he can stay faithful to the book.
bubita

Post by bubita »

I´m reading the book and I must say that I laughed several times with Salander, both of them actually, I can´t figure out who could potraid such caracter on screen.
I haven´t seen the sweedish version either because don´t want to compare the films at the end.
khenton

Post by khenton »

I think GG is right. Lisbeth should be played by an relatively unknown. The pressure would not be as intense and the actress has nothing to lose and a lot to gain in publicity. It's a given she won't stink!! Don't ask me how I know that. The worse she could be is boring. I say some film clips of the four girls considered by the press ( I won't say fincher "cause this is all hype) Two Australian girls, a french one and a girl named snook. Can you beat that? Like the french girl and snook. I"ve seen snook somewhere and will have to find her bio. The article was on a indie film website. I'll try to post but maybe one of you are better at it than I. K.
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

khenton wrote:I think GG is right. Lisbeth should be played by an relatively unknown. The pressure would not be as intense and the actress has nothing to lose and a lot to gain in publicity. It's a given she won't stink!! Don't ask me how I know that. The worse she could be is boring. I say some film clips of the four girls considered by the press ( I won't say fincher "cause this is all hype) Two Australian girls, a french one and a girl named snook. Can you beat that? Like the french girl and snook. I"ve seen snook somewhere and will have to find her bio. The article was on a indie film website. I'll try to post but maybe one of you are better at it than I. K.
Yes, please try to find it. By now, I am almost as excited about that part as I was about the lead (well - NOT even close, but still interested :wink:) Thanks..
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

khenton

Post by khenton »

Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:D Thanks and thanks for pm' ing me about it. Does anybody have any favs yet?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

My gosh, they're young. How is the Blomkvist part written? Hope DC doesn't come off as a pedophile. I should get the book and read it.

Wonder if DC has a say in who's chosen.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cornell01 wrote:
My gosh, they're young. How is the Blomkvist part written? Hope DC doesn't come off as a pedophile. I should get the book and read it.

Wonder if DC has a say in who's chosen.
From what I know, Blomkvist is in DC's age and the girl very young. So - its written with this age difference. But yeah - they will make an interesting couple - but Lisbet is mature in ways beyond her age - so this sort of balances it out a bit.

bubita

Post by bubita »

relax, Lisbeth is 24 but looks way too young for her age.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

I agree that someone unknown should play Lisbeth - that could be a big breakthrough for her.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/fincher ... on-tattoo/

EXCLUSIVE: Is it an exaggeration to say not since Gone with the Wind has the actress casting search for a studio film captured such attention? The decision on who'll play Lisbeth Salander in Sony Pictures Entertainment's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo continues. Director David Fincher tested actresses this week and will hold another testing this Sunday. I've heard that Fincher will test as many as six actresses this time, and the stakes have been raised. Daniel Craig will read alongside the aspirants, and each of them will get the full hair, makeup, wardrobe, and piercings treatment, which wasn't done in the earlier tests. This should give Fincher a sense of who is the best match to play the rogue computer hacking genius -- one of the most complex roles to come along for a young actress in a very long time.

Right now the actresses who are being seriously considered may still include Inception's Ellen Page, Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland), Emily Browning (Sucker Punch), Sarah Snook (Sleeping Beauty), Rooney Mara (The Social Network), Sophie Lowe (Blame) and now French actress Lea Seydoux. Browning and Wasikowska didn't make test deals, while Page sent in her own. Fish Tank discovery Katie Jarvis is a late entry but she isn't testing Sunday.

Sony Pictures will release the first filmed installment of Stieg Larsson's bestselling trilogy of books on December 21, 2011, and will begin production in early fall. Steve Zaillian wrote the script and Scott Rudin is producing. Rudin and Fincher just collaborated on The Social Network.

- maybe we will get LA sightings this weekend?
ImageImage
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

I wonder if David Fincher is still intent on Swedish accents.

Is the Mikael Blomkvist part written so that it really requires a Swedish accent? Could DC do it in his own accent?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Last edited by Sylvia's girl on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This film gets so much buzz in advance, they are really pressed now to make it as good or better then the original. The interest level is high and people will go see it just out of curiosity. So - in the end, it could be epic or fail. One of those challenges again for him.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:This film gets so much buzz in advance, they are really pressed now to make it as good or better then the original. The interest level is high and people will go see it just out of curiosity. So - in the end, it could be epic or fail. One of those challenges again for him.
Agreed....lets hope they can pull it out of the bag! A lot of expectation riding on it!