SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Bond 23 Going Into Production Summer 2011?

While reporting on the fact that a movie version of The Hunger Games trilogy of novels is gearing up for production, Deadline.com notes that original director Sam Mendes has dropped out of the production and the reason is that he's clearing his slate for Bond 23.
Writes Deadline, "Mendes bowed out of contention last Friday, and I’m told it was because the MGM picture is clearing up and it looks like production on 007 could begin by late summer or early fall, 2011 with Mendes at the helm and Daniel Craig back in the Aston Martin."

That should be something of a relief to 007 fans and another sign of how crowded summer 2012 is really getting to be (with, among many others, Star Trek 2 and The Avengers coming out during that period as well).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=22614
Tomorrow ends the next deadline and we will get further info...I don't believe, they will screw it up any more. Its gonna happen. BOND WILL BE BACK - as far as I am concerned next year, because following all the coverage a Bond film gets, is better then watching the film itsself for me. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Lenders for MGM have agreed to forgive debt payments for the seventh time in a year, giving the storied studio six more weeks of breathing room to restructure - reports Variety

MGM made the announcement Wednesday as the sixth extension of debt forbearance expired. The new expiration date is Oct. 29.

The announcement said the agreement came from 140 lenders who will not seek remedies over the studio's nonpayment of interest and principal on the company's bank debt, including the revolving credit facility, until the new deadline.

"The lenders took this action in support of the company's ongoing efforts to evaluate long-term strategic alternatives to maximize value for its stakeholders," MGM said. "MGM appreciates the continued support of its lender group throughout this process."

MGM had no further comment Wednesday.

MGM's expected to enter into a pre-packaged bankruptcy and re-emerge between now and the end of October as a debt-free operation that will put much greater emphasis on developing programming -- scripted and reality -- for cable TV, sources familiar with planning for the Lion (Daily Variety, Sept. 9).Spyglass toppers Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum have signed a nonbinding letter of intent to become co-chairmen and co-CEOs of the troubled studio. The two execs have emerged over the past month as the leading candidates to take over management following discussions with MGM's largest creditors, which include Anchorage Advisors and Highland Capital.

The studio was put up for sale in November but failed to draw bids that were high enough to satisfy the creditors, including a $1.5 billion offer from Time Warner last fall. MGM's assets include the James Bond franchise and half of "The Hobbit" films, its name and logo, the United Artists operations, a library with more than 4,000 titles and a bare-bones film and TV operation.

MGM's lone release this year, "Hot Tub Time Machine," grossed $50 million domestically.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So - we should be fine for next year. :D Good news finally on that front.
If they agreed on not filing the reshoots now, he will have to do them between Tattoo and Bond.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

getlost

Post by getlost »

'Bond 23' Back on Track, Filming Could Begin in Summer 2011

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00035394.html
ImageImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hi getlost - its been a while :wave:

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Very pleasing new indeed :D. Fingers crossed!
poppy

Post by poppy »

phew good news at last. soo looking forward to this :)
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

poppy wrote:phew good news at last. soo looking forward to this :)
Same here! :D
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

With news like this, only a smiley will do :happyrunning: :happyrunning: :happyrunning: :happyrunning: :happyrunning:
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

:cancan: :cheer: :blowkiss: Bond, you never left...WHERE ARE U?
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

tbossmc2000 wrote::cancan: :cheer: :blowkiss: Bond, you never left...WHERE ARE U?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh my!!!
bubita

Post by bubita »

Good news at last!!! I´m a happy, happy girl :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:thumbup: danaqorson We damn well better get at least one more Daniel Craig Bond film, MGM.

I say 2 more!

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Germangirl wrote::thumbup: danaqorson We damn well better get at least one more Daniel Craig Bond film, MGM.

I say 2 more!
Absolutely!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I just laughed out loud, couldn't they find a "more appropriate" pic? :lol:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... ck_1165930

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com