SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bubita_11 wrote:I don´t understand :-k , should be good news that two major companies might be interested in bying MGM? because that means it´s a good bussiness deal have all the MGM assets, that they can make money out of them, otherwise nobody would want them.
I´m trying to stay possitive about all this, because I really need Daniel´s Bond back.
Yoiu are right,. that's the way it should be, but isn't. The spyglass deal had more or less an agenda, which allowed a certain timeline - hence Mendes dropping out of his recent deal in order to do Bond. If another concept comes into the picture, it will need add time to figure out how that goes. This is in my simple words what i read on the Bond boards,, where at least some have some knowkledge of the situation. So, staying with spyglass would bring us DC back the earliest.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bubita

Post by bubita »

All that I´m going to say is: I am about to kill someone!!!! :evil:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bubita_11 wrote:All that I´m going to say is: I am about to kill someone!!!! :evil:
Not yet - maybe it comes to a good ebnd still. There is still hope...but if not, yeah, i come with you and we take the DC protection brigade with us and go to India.. :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

bubita_11 wrote:All that I´m going to say is: I am about to kill someone!!!! :evil:
If you need some help, count on me! :cheers1:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Barber already very much involved - which would sugest spyglass is in the saddle, no?

http://latimesblogs....ne-and-mgm.html

Negotiations between the two sides are at a very tenuous stage because nearly bankrupt MGM needs to reach agreement among its more than 100 debt owners, which control the future of the studio. At the same time, MGM's creditors are scrambling to finalize a reorganization plan, through which Spyglass Entertainment chiefs Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum are expected to take over management. Barber has been leading negotiations on "The Hobbit" for MGM with top Warner executives, including home entertainment group president Kevin Tsujihara.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, when they are able to settle all of this till the end of the year - we are on for a summer/fall shooting.

http://www.deadline....dja/#more-72590

Warner Bros most likely funds production because MGM can't. The movement on The Hobbit doesn't help James Bond, which is post-bankruptcy business. If Spyglass partners Roger Birnbaum and Gary Barber close the deal and turn MGM into a stripped down production entity, they will have every studio chasing 007. While Warner Bros, Fox and especially Sony Pictures Entertainment will be players, I hear Paramount stands a good chance. Birnbaum and Barber have a great relationship there as co-financiers of Star Trek, and Paramount can certainly use the films as its distribution deal with Marvel winds to a conclusion.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Nice comments from the MI6 side
Well, judging by the way Craig looks at the end of 2010 I have no difficulty seeing him as Bond in 2014 or 2015 even. Feel a little astonished that his fans don't share the same confidence. That guy is a character actor who can easily outclass any number of younger competitors. His Bond won't be one iota lesser just because the date is not the one we'd like.
Yes, he'll be fifty only in 2018. Brosnan was only on his first film at the age Craig is now.
Exactly. And seeing Craig in those pics strolling along in Sweden he's certainly every bit as impressive and charismatic as he used to be when taking on Bond for the first time. I'd even welcome a Craig entry that made the most of his face and personality instead of relying on his physique. That guy has features that would make his Bond a feast even at sixty.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1126354p1.html

If you read this a bit optimistically, things are moving and we can still hope for a start next year :D

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:Nice comments from the MI6 side
Wow...these are nice comments from Bond aficionados!

Is it the same feeling on commanderbond.net? I haven't peeked in there for over a year. Maybe time to pay a visit. :brood:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Nice comments from the MI6 side
Wow...these are nice comments from Bond aficionados!

Is it the same feeling on commanderbond.net? I haven't peeked in there for over a year. Maybe time to pay a visit. :brood:
They are mostly pro DC, yes. From what I read, the Bond forums are pretty happy with him and are willing to stick with him. :D Seems Bond fans are smart people and know good, when they see it. :mrgreen:
I think, he has earned their respect on screen and off.

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

:D :D :D I second that...as a Bond fan.
BondBabe2008

Post by BondBabe2008 »

Count me in too as a 007 Fan (A die hard 007 Fan) :dance2:
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

I'm a big Bond fan as well. Therefore I GOT to see DC as 007 again, even if I'd have to give my right arm for it...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The chance for that might just have come closer..Mind you, its not a done deal yet but it looks good.

MGM Crowns Spyglass Partners Gary Barber And Roger Birnbaum New CEOs

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/mgm-bra ... reckoning/

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1126354p1.html

If you read this a bit optimistically, things are moving and we can still hope for a start next year :D
Err..David G Wilson?...Michael surely!
You would think they could get the name right!