THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Germangirl wrote:New cast - so we will see a younger Henrik as well. Don't think, we had that in the swedish version. Guess that will be when Harriet wants to talk to him before her disappearance. This and actually filming the scenes from the bridge accident, the scenes from the celebration indicates, that the flashbacks will be fully fletched and not only shown as pics. Taken into account, that we know by searching for an actor for Ericas hubby, that they will include a lot more characters and scenes, which again suggests a LONG film :D I say 2 1/2 hours at least - makes sense too they will film for 6 months.

Julian Sands ... Henrik Vanger

Tall, gaunt--particularly in horror and drama films--British actor Julian Sands came to the attention of NBC when the network cast him in the made-for-TV Verloren und verdammt and then with Anthony Hopkins in the television film A Married Man. Sands also got notice in his very small roles in Privates on Parade and Killing Fields

Privates on Parade , I saw him in some Merchant Ivory film where he went skinny dipping and his large privates were on parade LOL .
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

That would be "A Room with a View". Las thing I saw him in was Leaving Las Vegas as Elizabeth Shue's Russian pimp.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Yup that was some view .
getlost

Post by getlost »

First Look at Daniel Craig in 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' Comes Out

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00035972.html
ImageImageImage
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Hey Ellen Nyquist ...

... Daughter of Michael Nyqvist as Daniel Craig serves in a cafe scene in the U.S. Millennium film.

Tell me, what happened?

- The cast and crew had rented the café for a day as a scene would be recorded here. We found out about it in advance and had time to prepare.

Do you work also on Coffee in Stockholm?

- Yes, I have done since it opened a year ago.

When was the recording?

- It was made last Friday. Now it looks as usual here again when the cameras, cords, spotlights and film stars are gone.

What did you do?

- I do not know how much I can reveal, but it was no big deal. The taking was a regular order in which I served, among others, Daniel Craig. My effort was little more than a statistically role because I had a few lines.

What did you say?

- Sorry, I do not say it to you.

Can you reveal what he had with your coffee?

- Ha, ha, no, I do not think either. I'm sworn to secrecy, so I'll probably tell you more than that it was coffee and cakes. The only thing I can I convey is that Daniel Craig is very nice.
He play's the same role as your father in Men who hate women, he is a better actress?

- I do not know. I've always liked Daniel Craig, but the father is also an incredibly talented actor.

He gave you some tips or good advice before recording?

- No, it was not he who arranged my role. Instead, it was an unexpected coincidence when the team showed up at the cafe and wanted to record.

Are you thinking now about changing jobs and invest in a film career instead?

- I have been statistically earlier on some occasions. I think I'll think about becoming an actor because it was great fun and a useful experience.

Dad's a household name in Sweden, he is jealous when you might hit better abroad?

- I think not, but you never know, ha, ha, ha.

http://www.gp.se/kulturnoje/film/1.4663 ... n-nyqvist-
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

I'm sorry. How long is Tattoo supposed to be filming? DC finishes Tattoo next February? I'm too lazy to try to go back through this thread to find the answer.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cornell01 wrote:I'm sorry. How long is Tattoo supposed to be filming? DC finishes Tattoo next February? I'm too lazy to try to go back through this thread to find the answer.
They say March, which I think is an incredibly long time for a non action film. Lets hope, it will be loooong :lol: But I do think, yes :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Hey Ellen Nyquist ...

... Daughter of Michael Nyqvist as Daniel Craig serves in a cafe scene in the U.S. Millennium film.

Tell me, what happened?
I feel, it very much speaks for her, that she doesn't share the opinion of some, that this film shouldn't be redone and even finds nice words for Daniel. Cudos..:thumbup:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From some IMBD poster
Haha, Its funny that Rooney Mara is getting all pierced up, getting her hair cut and dyed, taking motobike lessons, probably some fight training, shes really working on becoming Lisbeth, a little more than a month ahead of time...and Daniel Craig just needs to show up and start filming :D

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

She was so bland in the Social Network .
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

no real news, but I had to grin while reading it:

Daniel Craig Needs His Pants Ironed In 'Dragon Tattoo' Set Pics

New photos from the set of David Fincher's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo reveal Daniel Craig will look like Daniel Craig. Question though, is there a wardrobe stylist on this movie? If so, does she know how to use an iron? Those pants are just.... oh my God. I can't believe he went out in public wearing pants that wrinkled. C'mon, is he playing a journalist or a blogger? Step it up, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo stylist!! Pants that wrinkled will never earn a nomination in one of those boring Oscar categories.

Source: http://www.screenjunkies.com/movienews/ ... o-set-pics

Must be an strange woman (I suppose it is a woman) to care about wrinkled pants when watching this pic :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
poppy

Post by poppy »

Dunda wrote:no real news, but I had to grin while reading it:

Daniel Craig Needs His Pants Ironed In 'Dragon Tattoo' Set Pics

New photos from the set of David Fincher's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo reveal Daniel Craig will look like Daniel Craig. Question though, is there a wardrobe stylist on this movie? If so, does she know how to use an iron? Those pants are just.... oh my God. I can't believe he went out in public wearing pants that wrinkled. C'mon, is he playing a journalist or a blogger? Step it up, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo stylist!! Pants that wrinkled will never earn a nomination in one of those boring Oscar categories.

Source: http://www.screenjunkies.com/movienews/ ... o-set-pics

Must be an strange woman (I suppose it is a woman) to care about wrinkled pants when watching this pic :twisted: :lol: :lol:
very strange indeed coz none of us noticed or cared about the wrinkled pants :wink: can't think why :roll:
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Germangirl wrote:
cornell01 wrote:I'm sorry. How long is Tattoo supposed to be filming? DC finishes Tattoo next February? I'm too lazy to try to go back through this thread to find the answer.
They say March, which I think is an incredibly long time for a non action film. Lets hope, it will be loooong :lol: But I do think, yes :D
Crikey, that is a bloomin' long time! :shock: :o I would have thought it would go...

Dragon shooting up until Christmas.....

Nice couple of months off for a very tired Daniel......

Begin shooting Bond 23 early 2011........

I hope he can cope with his tight schedule. Instinct tells me that he's loving ever minute! :wink:
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

Dunda wrote:Source: http://www.screenjunkies.com/movienews/ ... o-set-pics

Wrinkles...? *concentrate* Ah... there they are... :P
Seriously, I don't think Blomkvist care much about his wardrobe and this is perfectly shown here. :mrgreen:
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

EXCLUSIVE UPDATE: Sony officially confirms Fincher’s casting of Joely Richardson as Anita Vanger, Steven Berkhoff as Frode and David Dencik as young Detective Morell.

Meanwhile, the NYT reports that the late Stieg Larsson’s brother Joakim confirms the existence of another Millennium novel that he was writing before he died; it’s the fifth, not the fourth in the series.

source: http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononho ... on_tattoo/

Perfect choise for Anita Vanger and Dirch Frode. :wink: :D

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com