The Dry Spell

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Re: the dry spell

Post by sf2la »

socha wrote:i just spoke to some people who work on the set of "dream house". they all said the same thing, daniel and rachel are old news. most everyone working there has known about almost from the beginning. as one of those working on the set put it "it was kind of obvious, every time you saw dan he was with rachel on and off the set" what surprises these people is not that news has come out but that it took so long to do so.
It's good they have had their privacy. People really, really protect him. I know I would, too. It would have been great to know earlier though! It must be serious for both of them to leave their fianc'es. Should we all chip in to buy his house in London? LOL. I'd bet it will be for sale.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:
socha wrote:i just spoke to some people who work on the set of "dream house". they all said the same thing, daniel and rachel are old news. most everyone working there has known about almost from the beginning. as one of those working on the set put it "it was kind of obvious, every time you saw dan he was with rachel on and off the set" what surprises these people is not that news has come out but that it took so long to do so.
It's good they have had their privacy. People really, really protect him. I know I would, too. It would have been great to know earlier though! It must be serious for both of them to leave their fianc'es. Should we all chip in to buy his house in London? LOL. I'd bet it will be for sale.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.....unless he sells it to buy somewhere else in the UK. I cannot see him not having a base in or near London, because of Ella.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:
Oh no! So everything since then was a charade, a downward spiral. If they were really into each other on DH would Sats really tolerate that!
I think it's just complicated. I bet she didn't fully know what was going on. No doubt she was protected from what everyone saw. WHO in their right mind on the set would tattle on Daniel? I've lived the downward spiral. It can take time. It's hard to read anything into any papz pic taken of him or Sats because they hide their emotions so, but even GG's avi doesn't depict a particularly happy or content Sats, if you look at it knowing what was going on then.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

JEC57 wrote:
sf2la wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that.....unless he sells it to buy somewhere else in the UK. I cannot see him not having a base in or near London, because of Ella.
Oh, I definitely think he'll buy another place in London. Just not keep this one.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:
JEC57 wrote:
sf2la wrote: It's good they have had their privacy. People really, really protect him. I know I would, too. It would have been great to know earlier though! It must be serious for both of them to leave their fianc'es. Should we all chip in to buy his house in London? LOL. I'd bet it will be for sale.
Oh, I definitely think he'll buy another place in London. Just not keep this one.
Maybe. But he bought the previous place and lived there with Heike and then moved Sats into it when they broke up, so maybe he is not the kind of man to hold "sad memories" to a place. :dunno:

He may sell it of course to find somewhere completely anonymous. The location of this one was outed by the Daily Mail and everyone knows where it is. If he wants to have Rachel and the kiddie visit, that could attract some unwanted attention and then he's back to the Courts, enforcing his privacy.

I agree with you about the fact that people really do go out of their way to protect him and his privacy and I think this is something to remember.

No matter what has happened, no matter how sad for all concerned, Daniel is the kind of man that his friends, colleagues and family are very loyal to.

To win that kind of respect is admirable. It says a lot about the quality of the man's character. He's still our Daniel. IF this is all true, it's just a very restless, and possibly sad, time for all concerned.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

IF he fell in love during DH, I am almost sure, nothing happened there. I am also sure, he fought it and tried to stay with Sats, hence the following months of seeing them together. No cheating IMO. So - lets say, both parties tried to forget about it and live their life and just found out, they couldn't. Both had a lot to loose, so I don't see them just falling in love and going for it never mind what. Absolutely not. Both didn't have much chance of seeing each other once DH was finished, either.

In the end, I see Sats as someone, who would let her man go, if she feels, he has to. She has too much pride IMO to cling to someone, whose heart is somewhere else.

Even if he is with Rachel now, I doubt its over just yet.

..and yeah, as mad at him as I would be, its really nothing, you could hold against him. Love comes uninvited more often then not and takes the old love away. It would be even more unfair to stick to someone, not loving that person anymore IMO.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

socha

the dry spell

Post by socha »

Sats could still be around trying to get him to come back to her. but there has to come a point when she has to stop trying. if for no other reason than her self respect.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I'm amazed you got people to talk to you from the film set.

What are they going to think of you quoting them here, on the open internet?! :shock:

With all the gossip sites agog at these rumours, those sites would kill for what you just declared on here.....inside exclusive information that the rumours are true!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

JEC57 wrote:

I'm amazed you got people to talk to you from the film set.

What are they going to think of you quoting them here, on the open internet?! :shock:

With all the gossip sites agog at these rumours, those sites would kill for what you just declared on here.....inside exclusive information that the rumours are true!

Anonymous name!! Thank you, Socha!!!!
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I don't think he will sell the place in London , guys don't associate memories to places like girls do . Hasn't owned it that long and the market can't be that good either .
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Laredo wrote:I don't think he will sell the place in London , guys don't associate memories to places like girls do . Hasn't owned it that long and the market can't be that good either .
Didn't they just do a massive re-fit?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:
Laredo wrote:I don't think he will sell the place in London , guys don't associate memories to places like girls do . Hasn't owned it that long and the market can't be that good either .
Didn't they just do a massive re-fit?
I'm just thinking that she is now living in a 5-story Manhattan apartment in a high-end area that must cost - what - $15M-$25M?? She makes mega-bucks, Darren makes mega-bucks, and no telling if she owns property in London. I bet she does. I just think that with her and a child living/visiting with him while in London, that house of his won't fit their needs. It could be that this relationship won't last, but my guess is that they'll try to make it work. They sure sacrificed a lot. Also, as JEC says, two A-listers might attract too many papz, etc., for the house he currently owns, which has no security gates, etc.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think its too early to go full speed on these rumors. My take on it - Danski isn*t over just yet. MM - we should take good care of our avis for some time to come. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

khenton

Post by khenton »

I love it!!!!!Girls,Girls, Girls---I will state again. There is an old saying about being from Missouri and having to be shown something before you believe it is true. My brother and I bought a one room condo and neither of us live in it; maybe DC is hedging his financial bets against there never being another bond. What would you think if DC was doing the rounds of talk shows bouncing off the sofa declaring his love for his sats? He isn't the marrying kind. Lots of men and women aren't? Just saying no way he can win, R can win, Sats can win and think of R's husband? I reserve the right to be the last to give in. I want pics. Does no one have a cell phone on those sets. Is there no waiter who delivered room service? I mean it--in the age of info all we have is rumor? k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I'm surprised no one is parked outside Sats supposed "single girl" apartment in NY, waiting to snap and pry.