JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

My friend went t other Drama League Awards (he volunteered) and said Hugh was there and had an extra ticket that he didn't use (he even offered it to my friend!)

I'm guessing C&A will keep Dan from doing the NYC award circuit.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Well, it's Riedel :twisted: :lol: :lol: ; this man in an idiot.......

Movie-star Tony nominees turn serious dramas into serious dollars

2. Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman, “A Steady Rain”

Right behind Washington is this double act, which headlined the cop cop drama “A Steady Rain” lats fall. The hype was huge — and so was the advance ticket sale, which hit $10 million by opening night. The play, however, turned out to be a dreary slog. By the time the limited run ended, the excitement had evaporated. Ticket brokers say demand also went cold.

“I controlled a lot of good seats,” says a broker, “but after the reviews came out, you couldn’t get all that much for them. I did OK, but it wasn’t ‘Fences.’”

Still, the show made a $5 million profit.

It’s unclear if Craig would be such a big draw on his own. But there are no doubts about Jackman. A few years ago he turned a klutzy musical called “The Boy From Oz,” in which he played swishy singer-songwriter Peter Allen, into a million-dollar-a-week phenomenon.

source:http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/t ... TFKzLuURYM

it's unbelievable :lol: we all know that the reviews of the play itself haven't been that great, but even with this ALL shows have been sold out, so this "editor" is telling bullshit!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:Well, it's Riedel :twisted: :lol: :lol: ; this man in an idiot.......
He did that from the first moment on. And yes, its totral bullshit, as the average ticket price hardly went down at all. We could follow that over the B´way page. Its a shame, that way too often people like this idiot have a saying at all.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Denzel won for Fences. I was hoping for Liev...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

The critics certainly don't like giving him ay credit at all :evil:
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cicero wrote:The critics certainly don't like giving him ay credit at all :evil:
Not as bad as this one sounds. He has got many good to very good critics. I would even say, most critics were quite fair and praised his skills :D

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Germangirl wrote:
Cicero wrote:The critics certainly don't like giving him ay credit at all :evil:
Not as bad as this one sounds. He has got many good to very good critics. I would even say, most critics were quite fair and praised his skills :D
I know :wink: And of course there will always be very different opinions...
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

ASR signed poster for sale on eBay for charity. It's tracking at original price ($200). Eleven hours to go as of now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Broadway-Jackman-Cr ... 840wt_1141

I had mine framed, and I thought it turned out pretty nice.
ag77

Post by ag77 »

Very nice ...
Hugh hasn't been doing much this year. Hope he returns to Broadway soon!
sf2la wrote:ASR signed poster for sale on eBay for charity. It's tracking at original price ($200). Eleven hours to go as of now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Broadway-Jackman-Cr ... 840wt_1141

I had mine framed, and I thought it turned out pretty nice.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

ag77 wrote:Very nice ...
Hugh hasn't been doing much this year. Hope he returns to Broadway soon!
There are four movie in post production on IMDB. Seems pretty busy to me. :wink:
And he'll be on Braodway with Houdini in May 2012.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

SF, awesome. Best way to preserve famous autographs.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Thanks. It's just nice to know that it's still possible to get one at basically the same price as at the theater last year. Also to show one way to display it.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

They had the unsigned posters (as well as some of the marquees) at Broadway Flea Market this year. Didn't have time to grab any. :(
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Maybe this should go under the 'I just" thread, but I just realized that one year ago tomorrow, Monday the 6th, was the final performance of ASR. It started at 7pm that night, so at 8:30, he was officially done with the role. Also our end of being able to see him in person when we felt like it (at the stage door, at least). I saw the final performance. They brought out wine glasses on stage afterward. Good memories.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

sf2la wrote:Maybe this should go under the 'I just" thread, but I just realized that one year ago tomorrow, Monday the 6th, was the final performance of ASR. It started at 7pm that night, so at 8:30, he was officially done with the role. Also our end of being able to see him in person when we felt like it (at the stage door, at least). I saw the final performance. They brought out wine glasses on stage afterward. Good memories.
I will always remember him coming back from his dressing room, mustache-free, looking so happy it was gone...

That among many other things... :D