News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Anglophile wrote:I don't believe ANYTHING from gossip sites until I see proof.
Same here!
socha

news tidbits

Post by socha »

i just had dinner with some high powered people from LA. when I mentioned Daniel and Satsuki one of them told me "honey, don't you know. those two broke up back in July. I thought everyone knew that by now". these people went on to say there had been problems in the relationship before the break up. so i asked about Rachel and they just smiled.
JEC57

Re: news tidbits

Post by JEC57 »

socha wrote:i just had dinner with some high powered people from LA. when I mentioned Daniel and Satsuki one of them told me "honey, don't you know. those two broke up back in July. I thought everyone knew that by now". these people went on to say there had been problems in the relationship before the break up. so i asked about Rachel and they just smiled.
I hope I don't come across as sounding rude socha. I certainly don't mean it that way.

But, we've heard all this before from this supposed sources or that supposed source, all of if unverified and all of it unsubstantiated.....unless of course you are willing to name the "high powered people from LA" so they can share their proof?

If Daniel and Sats have split, then that is very sad and they both have my sympathies. But until there is verifiable proof, then I'm content to let time pass and wait for something to verifiable to happen to prove it one way or the other.

And incidentally, wasn't it back in July that Lainey reported seeing them together in NM, sharing a plate of food and being "loved up"?

All rumours and gossip are just that......rumours and gossip until something happens at the hands of Daniel or Sats themselves which confirms one way or the others.

Again, sorry if I sound rude, it's just that every now and again someone pops up claiming anonymous inside information which just adds layers to the mountain of gossip and guesswork.
chippi

Post by chippi »

JEC57 wrote:
If Daniel and Sats have split, then that is very sad and they both have my sympathies. But until there is verifiable proof, then I'm content to let time pass and wait for something to verifiable to happen to prove it one way or the other.

:stick_iagree:
Hi. I'm C, and I'm a Craigaholic.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I agree JEC, but there does seem to be more and more weighting towards that "rumor". Why would you say that they split if it wasn't true? I don't believe so many people are genuinely so full of ill-will that they would add fuel to the split-rumor, if it weren't true.

I'm so saddened by it, but getting to a point of acceptance. We haven't seen them in public since what, July? (plus the other signs such as the sudden interest in ciggies again) He's clearly about town as a single man - not in the "hunting" sense. But let's face it, he never went anywhere without Sats and now we never see her.

Boo hoo. Someone else on here said they had never known Dan without Sats, and that's true here too. They were a package and appeared to have a genuinely deep and co-dependent relationship.

What hurt the most is that the times he has looked the happiest and best in front of the camera was when Sats was at his side.
Last edited by bumblebee on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BondBabe2008

Post by BondBabe2008 »

I agree with JEC & BB

To be very honest I am getting tired of these rumors now, it's getting out of hand these days. I respect Daniel & Sat's privacy to the full. I will believe the truth as on as of when. :peace: out Also I just want Daniel to be happy in his life without these petty rumors, it's making me feel rather sad when I see these stupid & petty rumors :cry:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

socha wrote:i just had dinner with some high powered people from LA. when I mentioned Daniel and Satsuki one of them told me "honey, don't you know. those two broke up back in July. I thought everyone knew that by now". these people went on to say there had been problems in the relationship before the break up. so i asked about Rachel and they just smiled.
The last time, you have heard it directly from the source was the story about the film crew. Funny thing though was, that one day before, you were making assumptions about the relation, based on TMZ - knowing as little as we do. So PLEASE, STOP posting stories, that are either made up or from other sources. Just plein post a link like everybody else does.

We agreed - mostly - that its ok to talk about the matter, but please NOT in an "I am in the know" sort of way, when its appearantly not the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:15 pm Post subject: the dry spell
socha wrote:if the news today is to believed then satsuki and daniel are really over. rachael weisz and Darren Aronofsky have split up. tmz has said that daniel and rachel have been linked together since the filming of dream house. it should be interesting when the two of them return to toronto
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 pm Post subject: the dry spell
socha wrote:i just spoke to some people who work on the set of "dream house". they all said the same thing, daniel and rachel are old news. most everyone working there has known about almost from the beginning. as one of those working on the set put it "it was kind of obvious, every time you saw dan he was with rachel on and off the set" what surprises these people is not that news has come out but that it took so long to do so.
ALL of the gossippapers and sides have dismissed the TMZ report as wrong and not trustworthy.
Almost All of the papers have dismissed a Daniel/Rachel relation. This report about the crew has been posted under different names, but evidently is all wrong and it took you how many hours from believing a TMZ story to talking to the people in the know?

So please, we are all eager to know the truth about them, but don't take us for fools - we are not.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bubita

Post by bubita »

Germangirl wrote:
The last time, you have heard it directly from the source was the story about the film crew. Funny thing though was, that one day before, you were making assumptions about the relation, based on TMZ - knowing as little as we do. So PLEASE, STOP posting stories, that are either made up or from other sources. Just plein post a link like everybody else does.

We agreed - mostly - that its ok to talk about the matter, but please NOT in an "I am in the know" sort of way, when its appearantly not the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:15 pm Post subject: the dry spell
socha wrote:if the news today is to believed then satsuki and daniel are really over. rachael weisz and Darren Aronofsky have split up. tmz has said that daniel and rachel have been linked together since the filming of dream house. it should be interesting when the two of them return to toronto
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 pm Post subject: the dry spell
socha wrote:i just spoke to some people who work on the set of "dream house". they all said the same thing, daniel and rachel are old news. most everyone working there has known about almost from the beginning. as one of those working on the set put it "it was kind of obvious, every time you saw dan he was with rachel on and off the set" what surprises these people is not that news has come out but that it took so long to do so.
ALL of the gossippapers and sides have dismissed the TMZ report as wrong and not trustworthy.
Almost All of the papers have dismissed a Daniel/Rachel relation. This report about the crew has been posted under different names, but evidently is all wrong and it took you how many hours from believing a TMZ story to talking to the people in the know?

So please, we are all eager to know the truth about them, but don't take us for fools - we are not.
:clapclap: :clapclap: :clapclap:
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

bumblebee wrote:I agree JEC, but there does seem to be more and more weighting towards that "rumor". Why would you say that they split if it wasn't true? I don't believe so many people are genuinely so full of ill-will that they would add fuel to the split-rumor, if it weren't true.

I'm so saddened by it, but getting to a point of acceptance. We haven't seen them in public since what, July? (plus the other signs such as the sudden interest in ciggies again) He's clearly about town as a single man - not in the "hunting" sense. But let's face it, he never went anywhere without Sats and now we never see her.

Boo hoo. Someone else on here said they had never known Dan without Sats, and that's true here too. They were a package and appeared to have a genuinely deep and co-dependent relationship.

What hurt the most is that the times he has looked the happiest and best in front of the camera was when Sats was at his side.
Well, after being a heavy smoker myself for thirty years now I'm wondering, why a new interest in cigarettes should prove something like breaking up a relationship. Don't forget how stressful the past months had just been for him. Besides it's been Daniel's very own decision to quit smoking whilst filming CR. I don't think that Sats has ever forced or asked him to quit in any way.
chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Hi GG, :wave:

I agree with you 100 %!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

bumblebee wrote:I agree JEC, but there does seem to be more and more weighting towards that "rumor". Why would you say that they split if it wasn't true? I don't believe so many people are genuinely so full of ill-will that they would add fuel to the split-rumor, if it weren't true.
I didn't say that they split...but I think that wasn't what you meant ("you" as in me, personally?.....if you see what I mean. I think I managed to confuse myself there! :? )

Taking that as read, I see what you mean and I give you credit for your kind and generous heart Mrs B, but I disagree with you.

One look at some of the "skull orchard" gossip sites out there (and I have one in particular in mind! :evil: ) says to me that there are plenty who would, with ill will, add fuel to the rumour of a split in much the same way as fuel was added to the rumours of Daniel being gay.

The supposed split of "Brangelina" comes to mind as a prime example, complete with lavicious rumours of Angelina Jolie having a mental illness. That whole thing was just nasty, nasty, nasty.

To the inhabitants of such sites it's like meat and drink.....the nastier the rumour, the more cruel the jibe, the bigger the heartache, the more chance of someone falling from grace........the better they like it.

I'm as guilty as the next person here in speculating and wondering what is happening. But there is a big difference between a gossip over our NC condo garden fence and the other extreme of adding fuel to the fire by claiming anonymous insider knowledge without also offering the references.

We may live in Cinderalla Land here, but as GG said......such people should not take us for fools!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

JEC - right, I meant "they" as in Hollywood insiders (not you!). I also meant those same Hollywood insiders when I said I can't believe they would mean "ill will". Didn't mean the malicious, sicko gossip sites. But then again, they are probably sometimes one and the same.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Chrissie65 wrote:

Well, after being a heavy smoker myself for thirty years now I'm wondering, why a new interest in cigarettes should prove something like breaking up a relationship. Don't forget how stressful the past months had just been for him. Besides it's been Daniel's very own decision to quit smoking whilst filming CR. I don't think that Sats has ever forced or asked him to quit in any way.
Hi Chrissie - I didn't mean that an interest in smoking proves the relationship is broken. He's been under immense stress before. Just wondering that's all and trying to put the pieces of the nothing that we have on this topic together! :wink: I'm getting myself into all sorts of trouble aren't i!
Last edited by bumblebee on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Well, much as all of us want to know, we'll just have to wait and see for the truth will finally come out in the end.
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Honestly?
I think that all these gossip are useless speculations,as said by Cheryl we shall awating to see.And by the way i heard fantasy/sci Fi stories told by people who claimed to have such rumors confirmed directly by assistant of some celebrities,so i agree No proof= No truth.
Last edited by $abbatha on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.