The Invasion - Final poster

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Mimi_kitty

The Invasion - Final poster

Post by Mimi_kitty »

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9570

What a pity the took daniel out....
Cause you affect me ...

Fascinate me....
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

strange, that's not the one I saw... it was red and white with both Nicole and Daniel on it. :?
you wanna do WHAT to me?
Tigertash

Post by Tigertash »

Sophie wrote:strange, that's not the one I saw... it was red and white with both Nicole and Daniel on it. :?
I seen that one too, also why here name before his???
Renske

Post by Renske »

Could be there are different posters. Remember for CR and GC there are also different posters available....
sarahat

Post by sarahat »

Sophie wrote:strange, that's not the one I saw... it was red and white with both Nicole and Daniel on it. :?
Well, Nicole is in the movie more than DC is.. I believe. And, she is the lead-lead. *shrug*
ImageImageImageImage
R.I.P Steve Irwin.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is under bloody disgusting, too.

I, Lucifer
Release Date: Coming In 2008

Director: Dan Harris
Writer: Glenn Duncan, David Logan, Dan Harris and Mike Dou
Starring: Daniel Craig Ewan McGregor
Studio:
Rating:
Official Site: Click Here

SYNOPSIS

God is giving Satan a last shot at redemption; Satan must live out a blameless life as a human. Slick negotiator that he is, Lucifer negotiates a 'try before you buy' period. 1 Month. London. He has no intention of taking God up on His offer. Lucifer simply wants to put a body through as much drug, sex and other multiple vice excess as possible in a month. But inhabiting a human body gives rise to feelings the Ol Devil never thought possible...could he just possibly want to take God up on the offer after all?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

lilyrose

Post by lilyrose »

The poster only confirms what I thought after watching the trailer(s). It's more a Kidman's movie than a Daniel's one. She's a lot on screen and we unfortunately won't see him a lot. If he hadn't become the star he is thanks to CR The Invasion would be only a Kidman's movie not a Kidman-and-Craig's movie.
livetwice

Post by livetwice »

lilyrose wrote:The poster only confirms what I thought after watching the trailer(s). It's more a Kidman's movie than a Daniel's one. She's a lot on screen and we unfortunately won't see him a lot. If he hadn't become the star he is thanks to CR The Invasion would be only a Kidman's movie not a Kidman-and-Craig's movie.
I'm unfortunately with you about the Kidman's movie.. It seems obvious on regard of the trailer (Kidman aka " best nominee "...)..

BTW Welcome on the forum Lilyrose :)
You only live twice or so it seems..
One life for yourself and one for your dreams...And one day I realize that I was addicted to Daniel Craig's blue eyes.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From the reliable imbd board - but nevertheless maybe interesting to read some opinions

Re: Box Office Predictions of Invasion
by daley59 11 hours ago (Thu Aug 9 2007 01:46:20)
Well at the moment, if you go to Yahoo Movies, it is the most popular movie there, this means that it really has a large awareness in the community and so i think it could be a huge movie for Kidman, raking in somewhere between 25 to 40 million for its opening. When comparing "The Invasion" to "1408" a very glossed and higher class horror, with a 21 million dollar opening in the recent summer with itself based on a novel. "The Invasion" can also be compared with "The Grudge" another recent Horror remake with an opening of 39 million dollars. I believe that "The Invasion could get a total between these two, depending on the theatre count.

If the film can get a 40 million dollar opening, it could reach a 120 to 140 million dollar gross in America, which could lead to a 300-350 million dollar worldwide total if the American Gross accounts for 40% of the worldwide gross. If the film gets a 25 million dollar opening, the film may reach a 75-90 million dollar American total and if that accounts for 40% of the worldwide gross then the film could reach a 187-225 million dollar worldwide gross.

I think that both of these options are very possible and I believe that it will debut at the higher Bracket and if the film is able to get good word of mouth, that are apart from the rumor based on a supposed previews screening, it may reach 140 million in America and 350 million worldwide. If it does not get very good word of mouth, but is able to have the big opening of 40 million (which is very possible since the public craves for a well made psychological horror thriller) it could reach a 120 million American box office (or at least 100 million) and a 300 million worldwide box office.

I believe that Nicole Kidman has a great name, that can carry a film to a big opening and a good total. This film is the kind of Summer film that has been unrepresented; a sci-fi or horror film with high production values. This film will quench the publics Thirst for this kind of film. I am of the view that this film will have many good attributes and will easily be able to meet the above predictions.

Box Office Predictions
by blackman_806 1 day ago (Wed Aug 8 2007 03:04:38)

Opening Weekend: Highest Spot 3#
$25-30 million

Overall Domestic (US): $120-150

International Gross: $200

Re: Box Office Predictions
by erik23 1 day ago (Wed Aug 8 2007 05:40:56)
Ignore this User | Report Abuse

'll be happy if The Invasion will make 120-150 Mln. in USA, but the prediction numbers made by professionals are much lower, so i think it would be 60-65 Mln. total in USA and another 90 Mln. overseas.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..