DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

He doesnt go on the internet according to him, and if he does, dont think it will be twitter or facebook :dunno:

forgot my last i just posted on the wrong thread, DOH!!!!
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Yep that is true, me thinks he will be as tight lipped as ever
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

mburns wrote:I bet Daniel is sick of all this already for such a private person its going to be really hard on him. Omens not good!
He's made his bed...
caramel

Post by caramel »

mburns wrote:I bet Daniel is sick of all this already for such a private person its going to be really hard on him. Omens not good!
I believe that when DC and RW stepped out together, they prolly knew what they were doing and may be this is their way of outting themselves as a couple. In this twitter and camera phone age they would have known its just a matter of time before the word is out.

Also both being in the celebrity world know this phase is not forever . The hardest part of coming out is done and now it is a matter of short time before they are replaced by some other headlines. there has been no new news / pics/tweets about these two the last two days.
Maybe its not as bad as some fear. :wink:
Lu

Post by Lu »

dolphin100 wrote:
He's made his bed...
I believe this is all very intentional.

Daniel has a lot of movies coming out shortly and gay rumors that just won't die. I for one do not believe for a second he does not look online to see what people are saying and that he is not 100% concerned about his marketability and celebrity profile. The insistence on privacy also I think has a purpose as far as his PR persona. But he knows he needs to play the game.

Sorry, but I am so cynical about these matters. I think everything that comes out of big-dollar-Hollywood is "spun" and I think Daniel moved into that strata and he knows it. I have a feeling this new romance is about 30% romance and 70% business. Or perhaps 70% romance and 30% business. But at least SOME of it is probably business. So maybe this will only last a year but if he gets what he needs out of it and Rachel enjoys herself, c'est la vie. I will sit back and enjoy being a spectator and hope that whatever he is doing, it makes him happy. :D That is my .02 as a cynical Hollywood observer. :lol: Feel free to disagree.
My books!

dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

I completely agree. Its just a bit disappointing that he's become one of "those" celebs. But I know that there is a price for everything in life. It should be interesting.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Lu wrote: I believe this is all very intentional.

Daniel has a lot of movies coming out shortly and gay rumors that just won't die. I for one do not believe for a second he does not look online to see what people are saying and that he is not 100% concerned about his marketability and celebrity profile. The insistence on privacy also I think has a purpose as far as his PR persona. But he knows he needs to play the game.

Sorry, but I am so cynical about these matters. I think everything that comes out of big-dollar-Hollywood is "spun" and I think Daniel moved into that strata and he knows it. I have a feeling this new romance is about 30% romance and 70% business. Or perhaps 70% romance and 30% business. But at least SOME of it is probably business. So maybe this will only last a year but if he gets what he needs out of it and Rachel enjoys herself, c'est la vie. I will sit back and enjoy being a spectator and hope that whatever he is doing, it makes him happy. :D That is my .02 as a cynical Hollywood observer. :lol: Feel free to disagree.
That could be. But then why did he let Sats go? If he needs the rumors about him to go away he could have stepped out more with her. Been seen doing some PDA - I dunno
Lu

Post by Lu »

dan123 wrote:
Lu wrote: I believe this is all very intentional.

That could be. But then why did he let Sats go? If he needs the rumors about him to go away he could have stepped out more with her. Been seen doing some PDA - I dunno
He may be back with Sats in a year, LOL.

The truth is, celebs dating celebs is big news. Celebs dating non-celebs, not so much. I hate to paint Daniel as being "all business" in love but this just doesn't seem like him. Those "cottage getaway" photos seemed so staged...being released over the holidays...the fact that they have a movie coming out pretty soon. It just all seems very...contrived and not at all Daniel's style.

But then, there is the homewrecker thing which I can't think would be much better than the gay rumors. So I don't know. All we can really do is speculate and hope Daniel keeps smiling.
My books!

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Why can't we just sit back and see. What will be will be. Will he have longevity with Rachel, will Sats ever be on the scene again (Jude and Sienna never let go of each other's tails)? Only Daniel can play this out. The rest of us are but mere mortals!

:wink:
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

well, I really like Rachel Weisz so I hope they`ll be happy together :wink:
you wanna do WHAT to me?
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

There are two sides to any story so I’m somewhat bemused by the saint and sinner stance taken by some when we know little to nothing about their splits as both couples aren’t running around blabbing about their life. The announcement of Darren and Rachel’s breakup from memory doesn’t include a coda apportioning blame, so why do some of us need to.

For the best part of a year there’s been no sightings/reports of either Sats or Rachel with Daniel. So what gives with the dumping of Sats yesterday to be with Rachel today, this is all a staged, contrived PR spin, gay denial, career move self promotion, he’s got some films coming out soon so needs the publicity, he’s a sell out to Hollywood but he’ll run back to Sats after a year and I’m getting front seats to watch the train wreck unfold. I don’t think pissing in the wind lands straight so these comments are bound to be somewhat off the mark too.

As for Rachel falling for her on set co stars the woman is 40 and she’s been with Darren for 9 years and I think you can count on one hand the number of men she’s dated so the finger wagging is a trifle overdone in an age when one night stands is the norm. How many of us can attest to having a relationship/marriage last as long.

Rachel and Daniel have known each other for around six years, so he’s not seeing some bint, and don’t most lasting relationships stem from being friends before lovers. Whether Rachel and Daniel lasts a week, 3, 6, 9 12 months or a lifetime I wish them both well.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
ag77

Post by ag77 »

bumblebee wrote:Is this for real? Pretty famous friends list!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1384274615
not real.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Sophie wrote:well, I really like Rachel Weisz so I hope they`ll be happy together :wink:
I am with you there :wink: I hope they will spend their NYE together. 8)