DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

calypso wrote:just my thoughts, i t ry to stay off here as i not want trouble
but surely having battle on title thread will only invite problems?

this thread is or should be about relationship between daniel and rachel not battleground
i realize many people not like this relationship but can we give it same treatment and respect taht was given on here we did with his one with satsuki? those threads were kept streamline and peaceful.
we have diffrences but not lose sight of what this thread is about.

gracias. luna :D
I think you are right. I didn't even noticed that the title changed.

Will talk to GG :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

IMO the title sends a negative message. Yes I agree with Luna.
Why can't the rant thread be for rant's of all kinds.
I too try to stay off this thread. We all have different opinions.
That be said, can we change wording on the title?
Thanks
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda changed it already :lol: and yeah - I saw it more as a humorous thing, but probably was wrong. Thanks for voicing your opinions on it Cal and Boss...and BTW - don't stay off here. Its like falling off a horse - you have to get up again right away..same here. We have to work our way through to the understanding with each other, that we had before - well, most of the time anyway..Thanks
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

We were little worried about Ben Foster for a moment. He’s going to be starring in the upcoming Jason Statham thing “The Mechanic” and he recently signed on to the pretty average-sounding thriller “Contraband” with Mark Wahlberg—we were beginning to wonder if the Foster we knew from “The Messenger” and “3:10 to Yuma” was gone. Nope, no need to panic yet.

Deadline reports that Foster has joined the gestating infidelity drama “360” with Rachel Weisz and Anthony Hopkins. Set to be directed by Fernando Meirelles and with a screenplay by Peter Morgan, the drama is a retelling of the classic Arthur Schnitzler play “Reigen.” The play, perhaps the best known work by Schnitzler (who also wrote the short story that served as the basis for Stanley Kubrick‘s “Eyes Wide Shut”) has been adapted a number of times, from Max Ophuls’ 1950 film “La Ronde” to David Hare‘s 1998 play “The Blue Room,” which starred Nicole Kidman and Iain Glen. It has a simple and rather brilliant conceit; it’s made up of several short scenes between couples, who are shown before or after a sexual liaison. After each scene, one character from the pairing is then shown with another partner, who is then shown with another partner, and so on, until the promiscuity comes full circle.

At one point last year, Eminem and Frances McDormand were said to be in talks for roles but there is no mention of them here, which leads us to believe they may have moved on from the project. The film itself was originally slated to start shooting before the end of 2010, but clearly it has been pushed back a bit, most likely to accommodate Weisz who spent most of the latter part of the year shooting Terrence Davies’ “The Deep Blue Sea.”

No word yet on a new start date, but we’re glad to hear the project continues to roll forward. Foster is shooting “Contraband” this spring so we don’t imagine “360” will start lensing until the summer at the earliest.

Source
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

We were little worried about Ben Foster for a moment. He’s going to be starring in the upcoming Jason Statham thing “The Mechanic”
I know I am off thread topic but I saw a trailer for the Mechanic, WOW. really looks good. A remake severl times over but a good shoot um up bang bang.
Ben Foster looks good in the role.
ag77

Post by ag77 »

Someone apparently updated Satsuki's imdb and her mini bio. I think the language is pretty mean and too speculative.

Mini Biography
Split from Daniel Craig mid 2010 after he fell for Rachel Weisz, co-star in Dream House. She is now based in New York after Mr Craig bought her a $2 million penthouse as a goodbye present. After her latest project, Last Night, failed to get picked up and distributed, no-one knows at this point what her career/personal life entails.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1704764/bio
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

It must hurt a lot. The flip side is that she never had that life with him. It's a good 'Would you rather have...' question. It's too early though. Time will tell. No doubt we all hope she finds love and success. Soon.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Seriously? Can you mark as "questionable"? Or flag it?
Lu

Post by Lu »

That is really a rotten bio for Sats. :? I thought you had to be some agent or the actual person to change the IMDB info? There must be a place to report it. It sounds very unprofessional and spiteful inded.
My books!

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Lu wrote:That is really a rotten bio for Sats. :? I thought you had to be some agent or the actual person to change the IMDB info? There must be a place to report it. It sounds very unprofessional and spiteful inded.
Everybody can apply for a change. Sad thing is that IMDB seems not to make a proper review before it goes 'live' on the side for everyone to read.

I always thought IMDB is at least a reliable source for already release movies and the facts like bio....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://movies.sky.com/quantum-of-solace ... e-0-heaven

British actress Rachel Weisz is one of the frontrunners to become the new Bond girl, according to Sky Bet.

The 40-year-old Oscar winner - who is rumoured to have found love with Bond star Daniel Craig - is the 8/1 shot to be his screen partner for the 23rd James Bond film, due to start shooting this year.

Sky Bet’s Helen Jacob said: “Gorgeous Rachel Weisz will be the envy of women everywhere if she gets to be Bond’s girl both on and off screen!”

Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto, who was linked with the lead female role last year, is 3/1 favourite, while Olga Kurylenko is 4/1 to make a second appearance as Camille.

Sam Mendes will direct the film and Sky Bet make his ex-wife Kate Winslet 20/1 to star opposite Craig.

Sky Bet are also betting on who will record the theme tune to Bond 23 and make Lady GaGa early 2/1 favourite.

Muse would be a popular choice at 6/1, while Amy Winehouse, who was linked with the film last year, is an 8/1 shot. Other frontrunners include Michael Buble (6/1)and Katy Perry (7/1).

Bond 23 Girl

3/1
Frieda Pinto

4/1
Monica Bellucci
Olga Kurylenko

8/1
Rachel Weisz

10/1
Emma Watson
Aishwarya Rai

20/1
Cheryl Cole
Kate Winslet
Scarlet Johansson
Keira Knightley

25/1
Jennifer Aniston

To record Bond 23 theme tune

2/1
Lady GaGa

6/1
Michael Buble
Muse

7/1
Katie Perry

8/1
Amy Winehouse

10/1
Rihanna
Christina Aguilera

14/1
Florence Welch
Leona Lewis
Beyonce

16/1
Britney Spears
Shirley Bassey
Duffy
Kasabian
Radiohead
U2
Black Keys
Paloma Faith
Pink

20/1
Alicia Keys

25/1
Rebecca Ferguson
Matt Cardle
Elton John
Alexandra Burke
Cheryl Cole

31/1
Adele
Madonna
Kylie Minogue

40/1
Robbie Williams
Charlotte Church
ImageImage
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

I hope to not see Weisz in the Bond movie,honestly i can't stand her.
Monica Bellucci would be awesome.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

These numbers are based on absolutely no reality. They never are - not at this point anyway...BTW - Monica is a favourite among many, but I don't think so - not as a Bond GIRL - maybe a baddie. Daniel Bond didn't have a woman baddie yet.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

I will take anyone other than Freida Pinto -----she is soooooooooooooooo over rated
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

caramel wrote:I will take anyone other than Freida Pinto -----she is soooooooooooooooo over rated
I don't even know who she is :rotfl: