JUST A RUMOUR

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sharmaine

JUST A RUMOUR

Post by sharmaine »

This is not news....however, I do like Amy Winehouse even though she's whacked....I kinda, sorta hope that she'll be asked. Your thoughts?
Last edited by sharmaine on Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

As long as she's not a Bond Girl... why not!
Crazy!
sigl

Post by sigl »

I think she has a really sultry voice and would do a good job.
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

I absolutely love Amy Winehouse's music. I have most of her songs on my iPod. Very unique voice. Would love a JB theme with her singing it. Just not a Bond girl though.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

It's the SUN, so take it with a pinch of salt :wink: but it is in the germa news, too!

Amy does the Bond theme.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 002593.ece

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Here's another article

Amy Winehouse to write and record `Quantum of Solace` theme, claim tabloids

MEDIA RUMOUR
Amy Winehouse and Mark Ronson will write and record the theme to the new James Bond film next week - reports The Sun.

The superproducer arrived at Amy’s house on Thursday night to take to his country retreat in Henley.

The Back To Black star will join him in the next few days and stay for a week to put together the biggest song of their careers. It will feature in 22nd Bond movie Quantum Of Solace, which is out in October.

A source revealed: “Amy and Mark are really excited. They see this as the biggest thing they have ever done.

“Mark collected her clothes and guitar to take to his place. She will join him soon and they will lock themselves away to write and record the song.

“They have no idea what they’re going to do. In true Amy fashion, they’re going to busk it.

“But I’m sure it will be brilliant. The new Bond film is supposed to be really dark so Amy will fit the bill perfectly.”

Amy has recorded her most successful material — including Grammy-winning hit Rehab — with Ronson.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=6085
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Misha

Post by Misha »

I love her music too. If the rumor is true, I hope that she can pull herself together enough to do the theme.

Michelle
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Well, I'm not a big fan of her, but if this rumor is true - I'll give it a shot.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I don't like Amy Winehouse generally speaking ... I think her vocal talents on record are excellent but live, she is just too "shaky". Still, if Mark Ronsons involved then all should be fine.

If it were up to me, I think you need a big sweeping sound for a Bond theme and have someone with a big voice singing it. Remember the themes Tina Turner and Shirley Bassey recorded? It should have a glossy production to it so my choice to sing the theme would be Beyonce. She certainly has a great voice to match Tina and Shirley but her image is also more in keeping with that gloss and glamour that Bond movies always aim to project... :)
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

I hope its true.
I love Mark's album and Amy's voice.