DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

Nice.....hope they have a good time :D
calypso

Post by calypso »

sf2la wrote:twitter back, twitter back...ask!
i did. :roll: :lol:
ImageImage
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Good job Luna, I know I am late as I wass busy all day at work.
I could of used your help today Luna, phones were nuts.
Daniel likes Italian food. Sounds like a really nice place for rachels bd dinner.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Just realized - DC was born in '68. Parents divorced in '72. He was 4, the same age as Henry. I would imagine Daniel has strong opinions regarding what should and shouldn't be done to help Henry adjust and live the best life possible given the circumstances. He's likely to relate very well to him.
caramel

Post by caramel »

sf2la wrote:Just realized - DC was born in '68. Parents divorced in '72. He was 4, the same age as Henry. I would imagine Daniel has strong opinions regarding what should and shouldn't be done to help Henry adjust and live the best life possible given the circumstances. He's likely to relate very well to him.
..........and the fact that they are both blond with blue eyes should help too :lol:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:
sf2la wrote:Just realized - DC was born in '68. Parents divorced in '72. He was 4, the same age as Henry. I would imagine Daniel has strong opinions regarding what should and shouldn't be done to help Henry adjust and live the best life possible given the circumstances. He's likely to relate very well to him.
..........and the fact that they are both blond with blue eyes should help too :lol:
He looks like HIS son, not Darren's. I'm curious what the parent's lineage is like; specifically, where did he get those blue eyes?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote: In defense of $ab and others (myself included, I am sure) who won't budge on an issue, I see nothing wrong with that. It's conviction. I could be wrong, but I don't recall $ab telling others that their opinion is wrong. She simply doesn't like Rachel. Plain and simple. If she thinks that Rachel dismissed Daniel by not being with him on his birthday, that's her right. I believe she's the lone poster with that thought. $ab's written word is quite brazen, but from 'knowing' her on the forum, I don't believe she is that way at all. I'd hate to see her disappear off the forum for feeling pressure to conform to the general consensus of acceptance and respect for Rachel.
I agree :clapclap: - but I think, Sab is strong enough to not let her take it personal, if someone doesn't agree. She is our fierce Italian and its her way of expressing her opinions.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote: In defense of $ab and others (myself included, I am sure) who won't budge on an issue, I see nothing wrong with that. It's conviction. I could be wrong, but I don't recall $ab telling others that their opinion is wrong. She simply doesn't like Rachel. Plain and simple. If she thinks that Rachel dismissed Daniel by not being with him on his birthday, that's her right. I believe she's the lone poster with that thought. $ab's written word is quite brazen, but from 'knowing' her on the forum, I don't believe she is that way at all. I'd hate to see her disappear off the forum for feeling pressure to conform to the general consensus of acceptance and respect for Rachel.
I agree :clapclap: - but I think, Sab is strong enough to not let her take it personal, if someone doesn't agree. She is our fierce Italian and its her way of expressing her opinions.
I’m not knocking Sabs dislike of Rachel, just baffled by the notion that having a POV is not up for debate. If you are steadfast in you conviction about something it should be able to withstand scrutiny, if it doesn’t, is it worth having? and wouldn’t it make this Equals video or any other form of communication redundant because aren’t things being said/written someone’s POV too?
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I totally agree, because (unless I have missed some posts somewhere) Sabbatha seems to be the last lone voice actually posting that she doesn't like RW.

I may not agree with everything Sab has to say, but I admire her for her stamina and consistency in this topic.

The most heartening thing I have seen in a long while is the thread Dunda made in the Other Actors section. That gives RW her own space for those who want to discuss and follow her.

I miss those old days when Daniel - just Daniel - was discussed in depth, talk of his older roles, his development into the actor he is today, his timeless and universal appeal. Maybe we can get back to that at some at point? :dunno:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

honeyjes wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
I’m not knocking Sabs dislike of Rachel, just baffled by the notion that having a POV is not up for debate. If you are steadfast in you conviction about something it should be able to withstand scrutiny, if it doesn’t, is it worth having? and wouldn’t it make this Equals video or any other form of communication redundant because aren’t things being said/written someone’s POV too?
I just don't see this D2D forum as a serious debate forum. I think we have a good time expressing our opinions, reading the opinions of others, and every so often we are forced to consider a completely different POV. It can change our minds or not, but I think it's best to leave it at that. I find the different opinions fascinating, but I don't think anyone likes it when things get confrontational. If someone thinks they can change someone's POV, I say 'Good luck with that.' We can try, and we do, mainly for the exercise, but I can't recall it actually being successful.

I look at Rachel differently from Sats. Sats was a complete unknown; i.e., no history. People on JJ bashed her mostly on her looks. Very unfair and cruel. Rachel has a past to some members, and we can't erase that. If someone doesn't like her because they just never did, can that be argued? We all have celebrities we like and don't like, and often for vague reasons.

I'm not sure this is making sense....I'm just trying to say I don't think we have to defend our beliefs on this forum. Not when we are being aggressively challenged. This should be a place of camaraderie, fun, and friendly, not aggressive challenges, IMO.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

JEC57 wrote:
I miss those old days when Daniel - just Daniel - was discussed in depth, talk of his older roles, his development into the actor he is today, his timeless and universal appeal. Maybe we can get back to that at some at point? :dunno:
JEC, don't we have that, or maybe we are getting there..? Daniel news, etc., is just be under Daniel titles, but Daniel and Rachel news is under DC & RW? And yes, Rachel has her own?
Raymond01

Post by Raymond01 »

JEC57 wrote:
I totally agree, because (unless I have missed some posts somewhere) Sabbatha seems to be the last lone voice actually posting that she doesn't like RW.

I may not agree with everything Sab has to say, but I admire her for her stamina and consistency in this topic.

The most heartening thing I have seen in a long while is the thread Dunda made in the Other Actors section. That gives RW her own space for those who want to discuss and follow her.

I second all of this. Sab's POV is up to her and I'm really not sure why she has to justify and then argue the point. She has only mentioned she does not care for RW.

Putting RW in "Other Actors" was brilliant--I imagine Sab won't be visiting that thread too often. :)
"It's when things are unclear and when you don't know what you're doing--that's when things are difficult." Daniel Craig

poppy

Post by poppy »

sf2la wrote:
caramel wrote:
He looks like HIS son, not Darren's. I'm curious what the parent's lineage is like; specifically, where did he get those blue eyes?
genetics!
my husband and i are both brown eyed as is child one, child two however has blue eyes!!
in our case the blue comes from the kids great-grandparents
but we had no idea we were both brown/blue til the little one was born...

maybe the same with henry?
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

7th March

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com