The "OMG I can't belive he's Married!!" Thread

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Flower

The "OMG I can't belive he's Married!!" Thread

Post by Flower »

I had to start this. I was waiting for someone else to start it but no one did.

I for one was shocked. Absolutely shocked when I read the news last night. How did everone else take it?
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Well, I was a little surprised, but not shocked - I think it's great news, and I hope for a long and happy life for Rachel and Daniel.

As for him being 'available', nothing has changed for us - he's the celeb, we're the fans, and we are lucky enough if we ever see him in person at a premiere etc. and maybe even have our picture taken with him. Nothing more, nothing less. The rest are daydreams :wink:
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Good job Flower for starting the thread, are oyu shocked in OMG NO or shocked OMG yes?
caramel

Post by caramel »

I was literally shaking when I read it as the news was breaking!!
I honestly thought they were super committed to each other and hoped they would marry soon. Boy, the fact they did so soon and so quietly just makes me grin and grin..... :D
Couldn't be more happy for them!!
khenton

Post by khenton »

Hannah wrote:Well, I was a little surprised, but not shocked - I think it's great news, and I hope for a long and happy life for Rachel and Daniel.

As for him being 'available', nothing has changed for us - he's the celeb, we're the fans, and we are lucky enough if we ever see him in person at a premiere etc. and maybe even have our picture taken with him. Nothing more, nothing less. The rest are daydreams :wink:
: :stick_iagree: K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

khenton wrote:
Hannah wrote:Well, I was a little surprised, but not shocked - I think it's great news, and I hope for a long and happy life for Rachel and Daniel.

: :stick_iagree: K
Very well put Hannah. and what a daydream it is. :brood:
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Didnt believe Cassandra's post at first, then the daily mail afew minutes later. Very surprised didnt think he was the marrying kind, how wrong could i be. But very pleased he has tied the knot.
Elena

Post by Elena »

Yay!

You have to be a James Bond to pull it off in secrecy in modern Hollywood! :)
Flower

Post by Flower »

tbossmc2000 wrote:Good job Flower for starting the thread, are oyu shocked in OMG NO or shocked OMG yes?
Thanks TBoss!
Well, I was shocked because a) it seemd to happen so quickly b) after Satsuki I though thtat he didn't seem to be the marrying kind and c) I was shocked he made a public statement because I thought he was so private.

Then my thoughs immediately turned to Satsuki. I really felt badly for her. I honestly felt just terrible and hope that he had given her the news personally and not let her read about it in the paper.

I am looking forward to seeing them together. I think she is glamorous and look forward to seeing them out and about and at premiers. I'm also looking forward to seeing her engagement ring up close. I hope she shows it off and I hope it's a big one.

Ugh. Back to cleaning my bathroom.
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

I thought he was a serial monogamist. That Daniel is always a surprise! Congratulations to them! I'm jealous of Rachel and a bit sad for Sats, but life can be complicated sometimes. But I am happy for both of them. They seem like a good match.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Flower wrote: Well, I was shocked because a) it seemd to happen so quickly b) after Satsuki I though thtat he didn't seem to be the marrying kind and c) I was shocked he made a public statement because I thought he was so private.
Unlike a relationship or even an engagement, a marriage between two celebs is probably a lot harder to hide - there might always be some douchebag at the registry office who sells the story to the tabloids, so maybe DC just wanted to be faster than them and got it confirmed before the big speculations could start.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

On the QOS set he said, he ain|t royalty and doesn|t need to announce a marriage, that its just between him and the person, he marries. But I agree with you, Hannah / its different for two celebs and maybe, he is just proud of his wife and wants the world to know. Guess its a mix of things...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Germangirl wrote:On the QOS set he said, he ain|t royalty and doesn|t need to announce a marriage, that its just between him and the person, he marries. But I agree with you, Hannah / its different for two celebs and maybe, he is just proud of his wife and wants the world to know. Guess its a mix of things...
Agree Hannah, you are so right.
GG,
maybe, he is just proud of his wife and wants the world to know.
This is what I always said when people would insist he was married to Sat's and he would allow the press and media to call her his girlfriend. If she was his wife and he was proud of it he would set the record straight and have them call her his wife.
I rest my case.
He married his equal and is so proud of her and his choice, he probably wants to scream it from the rooftops.
After the excitement settles he might release a statement. That would be so nice. Even a picture. One can only dream. :sigh:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Guess Boss, this is all we will get.

Tim has tweeted the Guardian article

guardiannews Guardian news
von mailreturns
Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz get married http://gu.com/p/3v655/tf
vor 3 Stunden

..and this

mailreturns Tim Craig
Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz date, marry quietly - USATODAY.com usat.ly/jOWhd7 via @USATODAY
vor 4 Stunden
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sasha

Post by sasha »

Flower wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:Good job Flower for starting the thread, are oyu shocked in OMG NO or shocked OMG yes?
Thanks TBoss!
Well, I was shocked because a) it seemd to happen so quickly b) after Satsuki I though thtat he didn't seem to be the marrying kind and c) I was shocked he made a public statement because I thought he was so private.

Then my thoughs immediately turned to Satsuki. I really felt badly for her. I honestly felt just terrible and hope that he had given her the news personally and not let her read about it in the paper.

I am looking forward to seeing them together. I think she is glamorous and look forward to seeing them out and about and at premiers. I'm also looking forward to seeing her engagement ring up close. I hope she shows it off and I hope it's a big one.

Ugh. Back to cleaning my bathroom.
I just hope that Satsuki is strong enough, which I'm sure she is, not to succumb to this awful and unjust thoughts: "What I did wrong?', "When it went wrong?" It's such a difficult moment, hope he was as delicate as possible, because even if she is over the whole story it is hard not to reflect on it at this point.
I'm pretty sure that Heike is surprised too.