The "OMG I can't belive he's Married!!" Thread

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Lu wrote:
sf2la wrote:I'd go so far to say that even if he IS snipped, he'd go in for the procedure where they extract the little Danny's right out of him.

Who knows what they'd get, but I say he wants a boy. And you know Ella does. I think a girl would devastate her - she's Daddy's only little girl and has to like it that way.
No, I dont know. I think he already got his little boy--Henry.

It is perfect for him. Now he gets a daughter AND son and no pregnancy stress or early childhood horrors to deal with. Don't forget, he left his wife around the time Ella was 1-2 years old and said he was "not very good at it." Those early years are hell on parent's relationship and I'm sure he remembers that (you never forget).

So I vote snipped, no reversal, and that he is the bestest papa ever to Henry and takes him under his wing as his own son 100%. He is just the type to do that. :wink:
I can understand all your points and all reasons not to have a kid. That's why this isn't a slam dunk. The best reasons I think of for him not wanting a child are :
- they now get a kid 1/2 the time and no kid the other half. How perfect is that?
- they'd be juggling Henry's 1/2-time schedule, their kid 100% of the time, her work schedule, and Daniel's work schedule. YIKES (but live-in au pairs can take care of all that.)
- living in NYC would mean that their kid would be snapped in the press. No injunctions there to prevent it. I'm not sure he would want to introduce a 'celebrity' baby into this papz-infested world.

However,

1. Regarding the age: Lots of women have kids in their early 40s. My best friend had hers at 41 and 43. It's become so common.

2. The age: It's why they can't wait long.

2. Henry is not Daniel's; he's Darren's. Of course he'll love Henry (I'm sure he already does), but I have the feeling that he would like his own family with Rachel, the woman he loves to death. Things were totally different with Fiona (maybe he wasn't in love, his career was just starting, he was young, didn't understand the enormity of a child, etc.)

3. It just seems like a natural step for them.

4. He'll do whatever he can to make Rachel happy. Whatever. So assuming she wants a child with Daniel and a sibling for Henry, he's more than happy to oblige. It's Rachel who will drive this ship.

5. Their celebrity friends have young kids and/or were successful and his age or older having kids - Hugh, Harrison Ford, Richard Gere, Spielberg.....so he knows it can be successfully done.

6. Just a gut feeling that there is too much love between them not to take this next step and produce a child from this love or at least not use contraception. If it happens, it happens. If it happened, it happened.

7. They can afford baby nannies to handle the extra work infants require.

On this one, time will definitely tell.
caramel

Post by caramel »

calypso wrote:
caramel wrote: But the fact that he married Fiona and left her after 2 years doesn't have anything to do with him being a bad dad or anything like that.
We are talking about 20 years before now. He must have been a completely diff person then. his career was just starting.
He probably had not accumulated much wealth. Plus I think Ella is a "oops" baby and wasn't planned. He did right by that baby by marrying her mother. But I don't think he was "in love" with Fiona for long. No offence. He must have loved her once but obviously not enough to continue their marriage.

Plus he had to spread his wings and build his acting career. Kudos to him for being there for Ella through everything that was happening in his life.

He will be a wonderful father and RW needless to say is a wonderful mom, if they decide to go down that route again!
They have their combined wealth to have absolutely anything.
I actually would like them to have a beautiful daughter. Ella is an adult now. They have Henry for a boy. So a little girl with RW's hair and DC's blue eyes will be perfect! :sigh:
i will melt when he is seen eventually with henry, daniel might have respected darren when he was dating rahcel but now he is his step dad and he knows about these situations, daniel was raised by max blonde a step father after his parents divorce and had his real father too, then he have a half brother , 3 step sisters and a daugher. daniel knows the dynamics involved and now he a step dad himself.
it is all something he can handle but i think Rachel will want a baby of their own, who wouldnt? daniel has DNA that must be replicated
and henry is 5, that ideal age for another sibling. i think after b23 is finished filming, will be ideal time for them to try and women having babies into their late 40's now
Oh Absolutely! Remember a tweet about how the world needs more pretty and D/R have to procreate?
I think once she is done with her movies this fall, they should go for it. I know he will have started Bond 23 but then his part in the baby making isn't that tedious :lol: She will take it easy next year acting wise. Meanwhile Bond will be done with and they can get ready for the baby! :lol:
Btw we are crazy to be doing this!! But lots of fun, yes?
calypso

Post by calypso »

caramel wrote:
calypso wrote:
caramel wrote: But the fact that he married Fiona and left her after 2 years doesn't have anything to do with him being a bad dad or anything like that.
We are talking about 20 years before now. He must have been a completely diff person then. his career was just starting.
He probably had not accumulated much wealth. Plus I think Ella is a "oops" baby and wasn't planned. He did right by that baby by marrying her mother. But I don't think he was "in love" with Fiona for long. No offence. He must have loved her once but obviously not enough to continue their marriage.

Plus he had to spread his wings and build his acting career. Kudos to him for being there for Ella through everything that was happening in his life.

He will be a wonderful father and RW needless to say is a wonderful mom, if they decide to go down that route again!
They have their combined wealth to have absolutely anything.
I actually would like them to have a beautiful daughter. Ella is an adult now. They have Henry for a boy. So a little girl with RW's hair and DC's blue eyes will be perfect! :sigh:
i will melt when he is seen eventually with henry, daniel might have respected darren when he was dating rahcel but now he is his step dad and he knows about these situations, daniel was raised by max blonde a step father after his parents divorce and had his real father too, then he have a half brother , 3 step sisters and a daugher. daniel knows the dynamics involved and now he a step dad himself.
it is all something he can handle but i think Rachel will want a baby of their own, who wouldnt? daniel has DNA that must be replicated
and henry is 5, that ideal age for another sibling. i think after b23 is finished filming, will be ideal time for them to try and women having babies into their late 40's now
Oh Absolutely! Remember a tweet about how the world needs more pretty and D/R have to procreate?
I think once she is done with her movies this fall, they should go for it. I know he will have started Bond 23 but then his part in the baby making isn't that tedious :lol: She will take it easy next year acting wise. Meanwhile Bond will be done with and they can get ready for the baby! :lol:
i agree 100% :D
also i like taht they marry without it seem engagement, they ahd been there and done taht or even with rachel was she engaged to darren? no i not think
they were not going to do that again, they seized the day and did it
Last edited by calypso on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote: Oh Absolutely! Remember a tweet about how the world needs more pretty and D/R have to procreate?
LOL...I was thinking the same thing. People who know them and might be reading this have to be howling about how nutz we are! :lol: :lol: But it is fun.

I think if most people wrote down the pros and cons of having a child or not, the cons would win out, but most couples, and especially those can afford the best for their children, have them anyway.

Yep, she can be pregnant all through Bond23. It's just a wait for him.
calypso

Post by calypso »

sf2la wrote:
caramel wrote: Oh Absolutely! Remember a tweet about how the world needs more pretty and D/R have to procreate?
LOL...I was thinking the same thing. People who know them and might be reading this have to be howling about how nutz we are! :lol: :lol: But it is fun.

I think if most people wrote down the pros and cons of having a child or not, the cons would win out, but most couples, and especially those can afford the best for their children, have them anyway.

Yep, she can be pregnant all through Bond23. It's just a wait for him.
especially if title of B23 was 'property of a lady' which daniel is now :lol:
ImageImage
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Entertainment Tonight did a really nice piece on Daniel and Rachel, really ncie one. Gave nice congratulations and did backgrounds of both.
Very tasteful, My heart skips a beat everytime I hear it "Daniel Craig married" Rachel Oh my god, I just came down from all of this,
calypso

Post by calypso »

tbossmc2000 wrote:Entertainment Tonight did a really nice piece on Daniel and Rachel, really ncie one. Gave nice congratulations and did backgrounds of both.
Very tasteful, My heart skips a beat everytime I hear it "Daniel Craig married" Rachel Oh my god, I just came down from all of this,
me too i think with him marrying so quickly it might ligt a fire under other famous men so many pregant and not amrried but that ok but some people might now rethink their relathionshops or men might feel pressure to marry
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

calypso wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:Entertainment Tonight did a really nice piece on Daniel and Rachel, really ncie one. Gave nice congratulations and did backgrounds of both.
me too i think with him marrying so quickly it might ligt a fire under other famous men so many pregant and not amrried but that ok but some people might now rethink their relathionshops or men might feel pressure to marry
IMO, I think what Daniel did was perfect. The chances of him staying married to Fiona were slim to none, but Ella knows that her parents were married when she was born, and I think that is huge for a kid. It's a good start to a strong foundation for self esteem, etc.
calypso

Post by calypso »

sf2la wrote:
calypso wrote:
IMO, I think what Daniel did was perfect. The chances of him staying married to Fiona were slim to none, but Ella knows that her parents were married when she was born, and I think that is huge for a kid. It's a good start to a strong foundation for self esteem, etc.
i still in shock, i really thought kate moss and sienna would get married sooner, he jsut beat moss by one week
ImageImage
Sue

Post by Sue »

I think it's so special that Daniel's daughter Ella was there at the wedding. :D I guess that means Ella approves of Rachel, do you think? I can't wait to see photos of them together now to see if Daniel's wearing a wedding band.

Everywhere I've looked at on the internet, including NZ, everyone seems so shocked and taken aback by this sudden wedding after such a short time together. :shock: Especially as Daniel was with Sats for a number of years.

This will be interesting to watch this marriage and I do wish them all the best, and I hope it works out. Daniel must be head over heels in love with Rachel. I thought she was amazing in The Constant Gardener - won her Academy Award for that role.

If Rachel has Daniel's baby (boo hoo thought it would be me :lol: ) the baby sure will be beautiful.

I'm still in the line waiting if the marriage doesn't work out!!! :lol: Just kidding. Are they having a honeymoon?

Sue x
Hi there Daniel fans. Please feel free to e-mail me as I love to hear from others to keep me in touch with what's going on with Daniel!!! He is such an amazing actor, has amazing looks, those blue eyes and a sexy voice!!!
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... e0628.html

Suspected smart, classy people Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz quietly wed recently, denying celeb websites a million stories obsessively detailing every intimate aspect of the long celebrity engagement period, much like an elephant's gestation but with press releases (we're looking at you, Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo).

:lol:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Lu wrote:
sf2la wrote:I'd go so far to say that even if he IS snipped, he'd go in for the procedure where they extract the little Danny's right out of him.

Who knows what they'd get, but I say he wants a boy. And you know Ella does. I think a girl would devastate her - she's Daddy's only little girl and has to like it that way.
No, I dont know. I think he already got his little boy--Henry.

So I vote snipped, no reversal, and that he is the bestest papa ever to Henry and takes him under his wing as his own son 100%. He is just the type to do that. :wink:
Agreed. I just don't see them making their life together, which is complicated enough with two careers going on, even more complicated by a child, which Daniel would like to see grow up. How can he, when he will be away on location for probably 3 franchises? I feel, all these two need are themselves. That is what they got and it will be hard enough to have enough time together without her being stranded in NY with a baby and him abroad or where ever.

But I do hear the wish around here for a gorgeous baby girl... :wink:

BTW - as someone pointed out - he will be even more perfect as a step dad due to his own experiences. He KNOWS, what a child in this situations wants and what it doesn't. He will play it strictly to the childs advantage and no egoism or ill will towards Darren will be involved - at least not for Henry to see. I am sure, if he hadn't passed the Henry test, there would have been no marriage.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

josie

Post by josie »

I remember he once said in an interview he would love to start a family with Sats. Okay this is over but why should he not do it now.
Of course, both have their careers but who have other actors as well, and have kids. Hugh Jackman makes it cool with his kids. So I would really huge when they would get a baby. It would be a great
tampa

Post by tampa »

GG wrote:Agreed. I just don't see them making their life together, which is complicated enough with two careers going on, even more complicated by a child, which Daniel would like to see grow up. How can he, when he will be away on location for probably 3 franchises? I feel, all these two need are themselves. That is what they got and it will be hard enough to have enough time together without her being stranded in NY with a baby and him abroad or where ever.

But I do hear the wish around here for a gorgeous baby girl... :wink:

BTW - as someone pointed out - he will be even more perfect as a step dad due to his own experiences. He KNOWS, what a child in this situations wants and what it doesn't. He will play it strictly to the childs advantage and no egoism or ill will towards Darren will be involved - at least not for Henry to see. I am sure, if he hadn't passed the Henry test, there would have been no marriage.
Agree with all of the above, for sure there life is already very complicated because of their careers and the separations they cause, but, but...
She has lost full custody of her child. I've seen her described as a devoted mom, and she may feel a big void now when her child is not with her because he is with her ex for a lot of the time. DC may also want to have a child, particularly with her. His wealth will make it a lot easier this time around re nannys etc. Because of her age, if they are going to have one, it will be soon, and if she starts to show, it will unquestionably get labeled the "Bond bump" in the press :) And we will all go nuts.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

The Bond bump i like it :lol: