SkyFall news and related tweets

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

cornell01 wrote:Roger Deakins being cinematographer is one reason I'm looking forward to Bond 23. Deakins worked on Road to Perdition for Sam Mendes. Some of his images in that movie were striking - the way he used light.
and he was director of photography for True Grit.

This movie was a dream on the big screen, gorgeous shots of the landscape, this man knows to use a camera!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
cornell01 wrote:Roger Deakins being cinematographer is one reason I'm looking forward to Bond 23. Deakins worked on Road to Perdition for Sam Mendes. Some of his images in that movie were striking - the way he used light.

This movie was a dream on the big screen, gorgeous shots of the landscape, this man knows to use a camera!
So - maybe, this time, we actually get to enjoy, what's on screen. Oh happy toughts :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Dunda wrote:

DOP for True Grit! Didn't know that. Yes - then the location scenery shots that are seen Bond films really will be something to look forward to.

We've heard about Oscar nominees and winners possibly working on the film. Tariq Anwar (sp?) editor, Ralph Fiennes or Javier Bardem. This kind of talent raises the bar for quality, and I'm hopeful the film will deliver.

I want to hear something about the screenplay and the writers. I was disappointed when Peter Morgan dropped out. What I'd like to see is a suspenseful spy thriller.
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

If Dragon Tattoo comes out in late December, will DC take time out from filming to do the red carpets, interviews, etc?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

cornell01 wrote:If Dragon Tattoo comes out in late December, will DC take time out from filming to do the red carpets, interviews, etc?
I would bet my life on that!

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

khenton wrote:Love everyone standing in the rain. How graphic novel was that ? K
Very graphic novel :lol: :lol:

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Red Carpet | Genevieve Nnaji denies any involvment with Bond 23

Before the premiere Genevieve & the rest of the cast gave a press conference in Accra, where she denied ever being considered for a role in the forthcoming James Bond movie with Daniel Craig.

http://that1960chick.com/2011/06/24/red ... -bond-role
sasha

Post by sasha »

It seams like France born costume designer Jany Temime will be the costume designer for Bond 23. She was designer for Harry Potter franchise.

Interesting that Lindy Hemming from CR worked on one of the Harry Potter's movies too.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles ... 3?s=bond23
PhoenixMagicBondGirl

Post by PhoenixMagicBondGirl »

is there a synopsis for Bond 23?
"I go through life thinking it's all going to end tomorrow."

Charlie Crews: "People live through a lot of things you never thought they could."

House: "Everybody lies"
calypso

Post by calypso »

PhoenixMagicBondGirl wrote:is there a synopsis for Bond 23?
noone knows yet but maybe it based on carte blanche novel or one of flemings novels that are left yes?

http://www.bond23.net/020110630/french- ... ike-chase/

Over at the French James Bond fan club a source has let them in on a pre-production secret, or so it is claimed!

A scene originally in the slate for 1989′s Licence To Kill may be dug out of the archives and brought to celluloid for 007′s 23rd James Bond adventure. Instead of spending time in China Bond #16 ultimately went to Mexico for a fiery finalé.

The scene, a motorbike chase along the Great Wall is rumored to be on the agenda for James Bond in the forthcoming Bond 23. If this news is correct, this will add a third major location to the possible shooting countries, which already includes India and South Africa.

It will not be the first time 007 is in China: he previously served her Majesty on missions in Tomorrow Never Dies and The Man With The Golden Gun (Hong Kong)

http://www.bond23.net/020110625/at-leas ... m-reports/
At least half of Bond 23 to be shot in South Africa, claim reports

According to the Budapest Report, at least half of 007′s forthcoming adventure will be shot in South Africa.

The English language press outlet from Hungary suggests a source close to the production has tipped them off.

This news runs in agreement with the rumors that 007 director Sam Mendes was in South Africa recently, location scouting. However, the recent buzz has been about Indian locations. Budget permitting, James Bond could be on his way to Asia and Africa.

However, most of the story here is addressing Carte Blanche, the new 007 book, and the assertion that half the film will shoot in South Africa is nothing more than an un-cited/unnamed source.
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.screendaily.com/home/blogs/d ... 41.article

Dench and Fukunaga kick off Karlovy Vary in style

Anyone hoping for some dirt on where M and James Bond will be heading in Bond 23 was out of luck. “I can’t tell you any single thing about it,” she said. “I’m not allowed. You take a little vow. When the script was delivered to me, it was delivered by a man completely dressed in black. He just gave me the script and left. It’s very secretive.”
ImageImage
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

WOWWW...Judi is in Karlovy Vary!
Thank you, Cal for the info :D :D :D .
sasha

Post by sasha »

calypso wrote:http://www.screendaily.com/home/blogs/d ... 41.article

Anyone hoping for some dirt on where M and James Bond will be heading in Bond 23 was out of luck. “I can’t tell you any single thing about it,” she said. “I’m not allowed. You take a little vow. When the script was delivered to me, it was delivered by a man completely dressed in black. He just gave me the script and left. It’s very secretive.”
Oh, they already have a script! :wink: At least they will have time to polish it. They have fantastic crew so far. I wish they will find an interesting female lead that can complement DC's acting skills, and make the attraction believable. Hm, no word from Javier Bardem yet, he wanted to see the script before making decision, I assume he already read it... I hope his silence doesn't mean that the script is so-so; can the The Dark Tower be the reason?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sasha wrote:

Oh, they already have a script! :wink: At least they will have time to polish it. They have fantastic crew so far. I wish they will find an interesting female lead that can complement DC's acting skills, and make the attraction believable. Hm, no word from Javier Bardem yet, he wanted to see the script before making decision, I assume he already read it... I hope his silence doesn't mean that the script is so-so; can the The Dark Tower be the reason?
As far as I know Dark Tower filming will not start before February 2012 which would make it difficult for Javier to join the Bond23 cast.

When he signed for Dark Tower it was said to start in September 2011, so I think we will not know until EON makes an official statement.

sasha

Post by sasha »

Dunda wrote:
sasha wrote:

As far as I know Dark Tower filming will not start before February 2012 which would make it difficult for Javier to join the Bond23 cast.

When he signed for Dark Tower it was said to start in September 2011, so I think we will not know until EON makes an official statement.
Thanks for the info.:D I will hope that the postponing of DT filming have something to do with JB interest in the Bond. (or it is very naive on my part?) If EON wants to make his character to last beyond one movie - it will be very tricky, but still, I hope, possible. DC will jungle Bond and millennium trilogy (C&A?) :D JB would be great, he could truly challenge DC (in acting), and 'ping pong' with him. They both have ruggedness but of completely different style - they would be marvelous together. Timing, timing...