DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sasha

Post by sasha »

Thanks, luna! Looks like DC may actually need crew cut after all - just to make sure that everybody safe and to make the escape operation faster and smoother.

DC clearly hates this intrusion into his private life (and rightly so) - I just wish he will reach the level where he can ignore them and not let them to get to him like this. Paps won't go away - they are part of his life now (as sad as it is). He can give them as glum look as he wants - to discourage them - but I would like it won't cost him any distress. It's just pains me to see that paps still can upset him so much each time this happens.
Maybe Rachel will help to balance it out a bit? (She doesn't look as stressed out, does she?)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sasha wrote:Thanks, tboss! Looks like DC may actually need crew cut after all - just to make sure that everybody safe and to make the escape operation faster and smoother.

DC clearly hates this intrusion into his private life (and rightly so) - I just wish he will reach the level where he can ignore them and not let them to get to him like this. Paps won't go away - they are part of his life now (as sad as it is). He can give them as glum look as he wants - to discourage them - but I would like it won't cost him any distress. It's just pains me to see that paps still can upset him so much each time this happens.
Maybe Rachel will help to balance it out a bit? (She doesn't look as stressed out, does she?)
I truly believe, this is his stubborness and he will never let go. He said in one of the recent interviews, that he sees to it, that this doesn't get him down, even though its bothering him. But I think, he is playing with them as much as the other way around. You want something? You won't get it You don't wanna give it to us, we will chase you anyway. ..and so the game goes on and on - they play each other off, I believe...each party trying to win :lol: My guess, there is no such thing as a winner in this - they both loose.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

I just saw this on the Daily Mail online - when I found out Amy Winehouse's death. Wow Daniel does look good with these muscles. Shame he's married now.... I don't do married men....

SDF xx
sasha

Post by sasha »

Germangirl wrote:
sasha wrote:Thanks, Luna! Looks like DC may actually need crew cut after all - just to make sure that everybody safe and to make the escape operation faster and smoother.

I truly believe, this is his stubborness and he will never let go. He said in one of the recent interviews, that he sees to it, that this doesn't get him down, even though its bothering him. But I think, he is playing with them as much as the other way around. You want something? You won't get it You don't wanna give it to us, we will chase you anyway. ..and so the game goes on and on - they play each other off, I believe...each party trying to win :lol: My guess, there is no such thing as a winner in this - they both loose.
I may be mistaken about this - don't know how it works, but photos where he is irritated, angry or infuriated (any strong reaction in fact) may happen to be as in demand as a happy-smiling ones. Possibly its better to aim for the "blank" instead? (its important not to overdo it though ... :lol:)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sasha wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
sasha wrote:Thanks, Luna! Looks like DC may actually need crew cut after all - just to make sure that everybody safe and to make the escape operation faster and smoother.

I may be mistaken about this - don't know how it works, but photos where he is irritated, angry or infuriated (any strong reaction in fact) may happen to be as in demand as a happy-smiling ones. Possibly its better to aim for the "blank" instead? (its important not to overdo it though ... :lol:)
Makes sense...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml

look at the last two pics of Rachel and read the text. Seems as if she has left LA and will NOT be at the premiere.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

Dunda wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml

look at the last two pics of Rachel and read the text. Seems as if she has left LA and will NOT be at the premiere.
tht not seem right, DM confuse it, those pcitures of her arriving at LA earlier, they psoted everywhere nearly 4 hours before shopping pics, why she fly into LA for one day then and buy dress then leave again?
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

calypso wrote:

tht not seem right, DM confuse it, those pcitures of her arriving at LA earlier, they psoted everywhere before shopping pics, why she fly into LA for one day then?
OK, didn't read that much yesterday and today.

I'm about to pack for holiday, I just lurk here every now and then and I can't keep track :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

Dunda wrote:
calypso wrote:

tht not seem right, DM confuse it, those pcitures of her arriving at LA earlier, they psoted everywhere before shopping pics, why she fly into LA for one day then?
OK, didn't read that much yesterday and today.

I'm about to pack for holiday, I just lurk here every now and then and I can't keep track :lol:
oh , si pictures of her arriving were psoted on rachel thread about 4 hosure before shopping pciutres, DM got it wrong again
i am sure she will be there
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They look like being part of the series of her arrival - EXACTLY the same clothes and all. So - not sure a departure is true.

tampa

Post by tampa »

sasha wrote:Thanks, luna! Looks like DC may actually need crew cut after all - just to make sure that everybody safe and to make the escape operation faster and smoother.

For all his smarts, he doesn't really handle the paps and the press well. Sometimes he does really well, but he can also let them rile him up. When he does, he is giving the press power over him. They know they can get him angry and get a reaction. Some of it is just his temperament and may never change. Showing a dead pan face to the paps is logical, but he can get really angry with the paps and get short with interviewers. He needs to find ways to discuss his private life on interviews without giving anything away. Just give them some silly little stories that say nothing, but give the press something to write about. Like you note, he should take lessons from his wife, she seems to handle the press well. It's only going to get worse for him unless he learns to deal with it better. He's giving them power by not showing them that they don't bother him..
sasha

Post by sasha »

tampa wrote:
sasha wrote:Thanks, luna! Looks like DC may actually need crew cut after all - just to make sure that everybody safe and to make the escape operation faster and smoother.

For all his smarts, he doesn't really handle the paps and the press well. Sometimes he does really well, but he can also let them rile him up. When he does, he is giving the press power over him. They know they can get him angry and get a reaction. Some of it is just his temperament and may never change. Showing a dead pan face to the paps is logical, but he can get really angry with the paps and get short with interviewers. He needs to find ways to discuss his private life on interviews without giving anything away. Just give them some silly little stories that say nothing, but give the press something to write about. Like you note, he should take lessons from his wife, she seems to handle the press well. It's only going to get worse for him unless he learns to deal with it better. He's giving them power by not showing them that they don't bother him..
You are right. I'm always surprised how many funny and touching stories RW can tell without giving press a iota of meaningful information - and everybody seams to be satisfied. But this is a "fine art of small talk" - one have to master it (speaking as someone who has troubles with it). It seams that DC prefers to convey something meaningful when he speaks and not a big fun of this kind of social butterflying. Other then that - it seams to me that he can't stand fools and BS - which makes the task even more complicated for him.
tampa

Post by tampa »

sasha wrote: You are right. I'm always surprised how many funny and touching stories RW can tell without giving press a iota of meaningful information - and everybody seams to be satisfied. But this is a "fine art of small talk" - one have to master it (speaking as someone who has troubles with it). It seams that DC prefers to convey something meaningful when he speaks and not a big fun of this kind of social butterflying. Other then that - it seams to me that he can't stand fools and BS - which makes the task even more complicated for him.
Totally agree. I read a good, and mostly sympathetic English newpaper piece on him online (can't remember the paper) months ago, that noted how super stardom is like 30% doing the actual work and 70% knowing how to handle the press and promotion in a smart way. I think that's mostly right. Rachel knows how to do it well. He'll keep having problems unless he learns how to do it better. He surely knows this. His PR people must tell him this all the time. He can't just say "screw it" and I don't care. It impacts his career.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tampa wrote:
sasha wrote: You are right. I'm always surprised how many funny and touching stories RW can tell without giving press a iota of meaningful information - and everybody seams to be satisfied. But this is a "fine art of small talk" - one have to master it (speaking as someone who has troubles with it). It seams that DC prefers to convey something meaningful when he speaks and not a big fun of this kind of social butterflying. Other then that - it seams to me that he can't stand fools and BS - which makes the task even more complicated for him.
Totally agree. I read a good, and mostly sympathetic English newpaper piece on him online (can't remember the paper) months ago, that noted how super stardom is like 30% doing the actual work and 70% knowing how to handle the press and promotion in a smart way. I think that's mostly right. Rachel knows how to do it well. He'll keep having problems unless he learns how to do it better. He surely knows this. His PR people must tell him this all the time. He can't just say "screw it" and I don't care. It impacts his career.
Oh, I so totally agree with you two. Rachel is a pro. A total delight giving little anecdotes without selling her soul. Maybe she should do the talking for both of them. Like most of us here, I think, we learned about her after the hook-up, and how could one not be impressed by her infectious joy for life? Living in NY with her and Henry will test him. There is no way he will be able to protect Henry from the papz like he did Ella. It's a different ballgame here, and he'll have to adapt. Darren and Rachel have accepted it. Maybe we should provide him with Danium pills.