News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

Get to higher ground: Bloomberg tells New Yorkers to prepare for evacuation, while New Jersey declares state of emergency for fear of brutal Hurricane Irene

- i hope everyone safe :shock: :(
elaine figgis safe?
ImageImage
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

:shock: Omg thats awful!! I hope peeps are ok!!
bubita

Post by bubita »

F**K! it will hit Noth Carolina on Saturday and NY on sunday, at least people have warnings and can be prepared, sort of.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Blimey! :shock:

First an earthquake and now a hurricane. :?

Folks over there.....batten down the hatches and take care of yourselves. :comfort:
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I was heading north to Vermont anyway. My only change in plans is putting away the deck furniture unseasonably early.

But yeah, it's not good. If you look at the white part of the map, north of Staten Island, that's NJ and it's all developed. With a 13 foot tidal surge, it won't be pretty.
Crazy!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

We canceled our trip to Cape Cod too, it's been one hell of a week. Batten down the hatches east coasters!
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

In this area, the scenario of Hurricane X has always been discussed. A Cat 3 or larger making a direct hit up NY Harbor. It's gonna suck big time for everyone that lives on the water from NJ to the tip of Long Island.
Crazy!
calypso

Post by calypso »

again article on budgie smugglers but i psot because of picture
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -olds.html

ImageImage

46??? :evil:

Ruth Attridge, spokeswoman for the store, said: ‘It was no surprise that most respondents referenced the pulling power of Daniel Craig's tight-fitted blue trunks as their main beach influence.

some of comments :lol:
ImageImage
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:In this area, the scenario of Hurricane X has always been discussed. A Cat 3 or larger making a direct hit up NY Harbor. It's gonna suck big time for everyone that lives on the water from NJ to the tip of Long Island.
I'm in NY so it's going to be very interesting to see what happens and what way the storm turns....so unpredictable. I already took down my patio furniture and planters and anything else not tied down....let's hope for the best! :(
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

DeeDee wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:In this area, the scenario of Hurricane X has always been discussed. A Cat 3 or larger making a direct hit up NY Harbor. It's gonna suck big time for everyone that lives on the water from NJ to the tip of Long Island.
I'm in NY so it's going to be very interesting to see what happens and what way the storm turns....so unpredictable. I already took down my patio furniture and planters and anything else not tied down....let's hope for the best! :(
I just did the same. Be well DeeDee, and I hope you don't lose power.
Crazy!
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

People i will keep my finger crossed for you.
Good Luck.
Raymond01

Post by Raymond01 »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
DeeDee wrote:
I just did the same. Be well DeeDee, and I hope you don't lose power.
I've lived through some North Carolina hurricanes--very, very scary. Hope this one takes a turn or just looses some strength. Please be safe.
"It's when things are unclear and when you don't know what you're doing--that's when things are difficult." Daniel Craig

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Stay safe all those in the US...
calypso

Post by calypso »

Tom Ford turns 50 today.

ImageImage