Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tampa

Post by tampa »

Dunda wrote:I guess IF they are not making promo for this movie it will NOT becaused they are married now.

They are both professionals and know what the business is like. And I think if the studio wants them to do interviews and a premiere they would think twice to refuse or to call sick. I don't think Daniel and/or Rachel would risk to get a bad reputation of being unprofessional.

There was almost no promo for Invasion and the reason IMO was nobody was satisfied with the outcome of this movie. Can happen here as well (or not at all :wink: )
If the film is any good, they have to promote it. But their relationship is like the elephant in the room. How they are going to discuss the film without any discussion of their courtship and marriage is going to be interesting -- because that is ALL the interviewers will want to know about. We could be in for a lot of "we won't discuss that." They're smart. Hopefully, they'll figure out some kind of approach that won't get them bashed. Rachel is very good at small talk, hopefully she'll give DC lessons. Something llike - OK, daniel, repeat after me, "I really enjoy cooking a nice stew for the family." I can't wait to see their interviews. Some of them could be priceless.
calypso

Post by calypso »

tampa wrote:
Dunda wrote:I guess IF they are not making promo for this movie it will NOT becaused they are married now.

They are both professionals and know what the business is like. And I think if the studio wants them to do interviews and a premiere they would think twice to refuse or to call sick. I don't think Daniel and/or Rachel would risk to get a bad reputation of being unprofessional.

There was almost no promo for Invasion and the reason IMO was nobody was satisfied with the outcome of this movie. Can happen here as well (or not at all :wink: )
If the film is any good, they have to promote it. But their relationship is like the elephant in the room. How they are going to discuss the film without any discussion of their courtship and marriage is going to be interesting -- because that is ALL the interviewers will want to know about. We could be in for a lot of "we won't discuss that." They're smart. Hopefully, they'll figure out some kind of approach that won't get them bashed. Rachel is very good at small talk, hopefully she'll give DC lessons. Something llike - OK, daniel, repeat after me, "I really enjoy cooking a nice stew for the family." I can't wait to see their interviews. Some of them could be priceless.
before interviews all questions are approved before by their PR i think it will be congrats on amrriage and thats it straight to the film

no interveiwer will be allowed to ask anything more
ImageImage
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

tbossmc2000 wrote:I will put my two cents in for what it's worth. first I don't think they really gave the whole story away, I think there are more layers to it, we might be suprised.
Why so hush hush since the trailer, it might be as simple as, "be careful what you wish for"
Daniel played house with Rachel in the movie and now it's his real life, he doesn't want to mix personal with professional, now the time has come and if he promotes the movie, premiers the talk shows, he can't avoid questions and replies like "Yes it was fantastic working with Rachel" he will not look like a team player is he does promos for the movie and stick to the script, "yes it's a thriller", y"es it has some twists" blah blah blah and not mention how it was to work with Rache,
Daniel has himself backed into a corner on this one.
The other scenario, it comes out quietly in theaters, make it run and goes to DVD. no pain no gain, we move on to Dragon, Rachel moves on to 360, deep blue, OZ and the other projects she has.
We could all be suprised but don't get you hopes up.
:stick_iagree: You hit several nails on the head Tboss!
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

JEC57 wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:I will put my two cents in for what it's worth. first I don't think they really gave the whole story away, I think there are more layers to it, we might be suprised.
Why so hush hush since the trailer, it might be as simple as, "be careful what you wish for"
Daniel played house with Rachel in the movie and now it's his real life, he doesn't want to mix personal with professional, now the time has come and if he promotes the movie, premiers the talk shows, he can't avoid questions and replies like "Yes it was fantastic working with Rachel" he will not look like a team player is he does promos for the movie and stick to the script, "yes it's a thriller", y"es it has some twists" blah blah blah and not mention how it was to work with Rache,
The other scenario, it comes out quietly in theaters, make it run and goes to DVD. no pain no gain, we move on to Dragon, Rachel moves on to 360, deep blue, OZ and the other projects she has.
I agree with all sides. Tampa the elephant in the room is a good way of putting it, D/R are very professional, flip side of the coin they are also very private and that feeds curiosity.
It's going to be interesting as to how this all plays out. I know they have responisblity to the studios and promos for a movie., I am looking at it in the public. This is going to be interesting how it all plays out. :brood:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Interesting discussion - don't premieres, junkets have to be announced ahead of time, surely? Wouldn't we have heard by now if there was a premiere in the works. Me thinks not.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Interesting discussion - don't premieres, junkets have to be announced ahead of time, surely? Wouldn't we have heard by now if there was a premiere in the works. Me thinks not.
Agreed - this will be left all on itsself, which might be a shame - I would think, it is better then Invasion was and maybe worth some effort. 50 Mill plus (reshoots) is also not exactly low budget - midsize I think and they should try to get that back at least. When they did the reshoots, they knew, what they had and still did them. That IMO would suggest, they tried to fix the flaws and go for it....just f***ing do it now :evil: Get the bums in the seats by promoting the thing.

BUT they do have 2 TV spots now - which tells another story, one where they are going FOR it IMO.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tampa

Post by tampa »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
JEC57 wrote:
I agree with all sides. Tampa the elephant in the room is a good way of putting it, D/R are very professional, flip side of the coin they are also very private and that feeds curiosity.
It's going to be interesting as to how this all plays out. I know they have responisblity to the studios and promos for a movie., I am looking at it in the public. This is going to be interesting how it all plays out. :brood:
Agree with all of the above. The more he pushes the privacy card, the more the press will dig. That's what they do, and he can't change that. He posed endlessly on red carpets with Sats, so that his and RW's refusal to be photographed together even in controlled red carpet events, given they are now married, is a bit extreme and only invites the paps to be more aggressive in searching them out. As you note, it is going to be an interesting couple of weeks if they promote this thing. Part of me thinks they both hope it bombs quickly so that they can quickly go back under the radar, but it will be costly to DC's BO record and put major pressure on Tattoo doing well. I somehow think there is something else pressing them hard to remain under the press radar, but that's just a dumb guess.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Does anyone know how Brad and Angie handled 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith?' Was it a similar situation where the movie was being promoted and the two were already publicly dating?
calypso

Post by calypso »

sf2la wrote:Does anyone know how Brad and Angie handled 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith?' Was it a similar situation where the movie was being promoted and the two were already publicly dating?
they remained apart on red carpet and i not think they do interviews together
but this diffeerent, they were only rumor
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

calypso wrote:
sf2la wrote:Does anyone know how Brad and Angie handled 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith?' Was it a similar situation where the movie was being promoted and the two were already publicly dating?
Oh, thanks, Luna!
I don't see it as a big deal. If they do talk shows, as mentioned above, there will be a strict list of questions and topic(s) that are not to be allowed. I believe DC when he said they'll worry about it when it happens and 'no biggie.' They'll make sure of that. Or Daniel can say, "That's none of your business." :lol:
lauriesplace

Post by lauriesplace »

The preview for the movie is finally being shown here on t.v., not as extensive as the trailer in the theaters, but at least it is something.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

lauriesplace wrote:The preview for the movie is finally being shown here on t.v., not as extensive as the trailer in the theaters, but at least it is something.
Oh wow..I hope I catch it. Thanks!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

lauriesplace wrote:The preview for the movie is finally being shown here on t.v., not as extensive as the trailer in the theaters, but at least it is something.
We have got nothing here so far and no publicised release date, I am beginning to wonder if it will be released in the UK at all, or just go straight to DVD. :?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

JEC57 wrote:
We have got nothing here so far and no publicised release date, I am beginning to wonder if it will be released in the UK at all, or just go straight to DVD. :?
It couldn't be because they are both from the UK, could it? If anything, there should be more interest in the movie there than anywhere...How could it not be shown there? They have nothing to hide, and business is business, I would think. Also, no subtitles or dubbing required - cheap and easy. :dunno:
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

calypso wrote:
True, and Smith movie came out sooner than the DH situation, it's been over a year since it was shot therefore the situation is very different.