A Special Screening Of Sony Pictures The Ides Of March

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

trueblue

A Special Screening Of Sony Pictures The Ides Of March

Post by trueblue »

New York, NY - 09/21/11 - A Special Screening Of Sony Pictures The Ides Of March.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

TRUEBLUE, I LOVE YOU! :blowkiss:

Saw the twitter but didn't expect any pics to surface!

What a day, the Tattoo trailer and now these!

but I would like to see this jacket in the bin :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tampa

Post by tampa »

I'm up all night with sick daughter, tired and in bad mood, leading to maybe crazy theory. But maybe not.

These pictures are bazarre.

He hasn't done a SINGLE print or tv interview to promote his own film. So he shows up at a preview promo event for Clooney's film coming out almost the same time. He is wearing a tie (he hasn't done in years) and smiling at paps (which he hasn't done in like 20 years).

I think he is really angry at Universal the parent studio for DH and C&A because they took the film away from Sheridan whom he greatly respects, may have hacked up his performance, and for good meansure an ass of a Universal exec attacked him to Nikki Finke's (granted a bitch who can lie) widely read Deadline site, calling DC a "pain in the ass" for not promoting C&A enough, which was a lie, given the tons of promo he did starting just 2 wks after he married. I think he's really angry at University and is out to really stick it to them. Maybe not a great career move, but so is refusing to every share any info at all about his private life and hating to do film promotion. He's stubborn that way. I know his contract calls for promo, but maybe there is a clause that gives him an out when the studio changes the film etc. etc. Whatever. I'm tired. Tell me I'm nuts.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I'm thinking it's just a night out in NYC. His friend George and Jeffrey Wright are in the movie and they said come on by, RW is out of town, so he thought he'd walk over and say 'Hey.'

Promotion costs money and I think the studio is just throwing up their hands at this point and hoping for the best, cutting their losses. No critic screening or interviews is a bad sign. So I guess he and all the other actors of DH are just smiling and nodding at this point.
Crazy!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

tampa wrote:I'm up all night with sick daughter, tired and in bad mood, leading to maybe crazy theory. But maybe not.

These pictures are bazarre.

He hasn't done a SINGLE print or tv interview to promote his own film. So he shows up at a preview promo event for Clooney's film coming out almost the same time. He is wearing a tie (he hasn't done in years) and smiling at paps (which he hasn't done in like 20 years).

I think he is really angry at Universal the parent studio for DH and C&A because they took the film away from Sheridan whom he greatly respects, may have hacked up his performance, and for good meansure an ass of a Universal exec attacked him to Nikki Finke's (granted a bitch who can lie) widely read Deadline site, calling DC a "pain in the ass" for not promoting C&A enough, which was a lie, given the tons of promo he did starting just 2 wks after he married. I think he's really angry at University and is out to really stick it to them. Maybe not a great career move, but so is refusing to every share any info at all about his private life and hating to do film promotion. He's stubborn that way. I know his contract calls for promo, but maybe there is a clause that gives him an out when the studio changes the film etc. etc. Whatever. I'm tired. Tell me I'm nuts.
First off - - you're not nuts. :wink:

Secondly, you've given an interesting theory behind this current mystery, citing some sources (the attack), all of which helps to explore what is happening.

Lastly...... I hope your daughter gets better soon and you get some rest. :comfort:

P.S. Thanks for the pics TrueBlue.....you've dug up wonderful truffles as per usual. :mrgreen: Image
Last edited by JEC57 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
tampa

Post by tampa »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:I'm thinking it's just a night out in NYC. His friend George and Jeffrey Wright are in the movie and they said come on by, RW is out of town, so he thought he'd walk over and say 'Hey.'

Promotion costs money and I think the studio is just throwing up their hands at this point and hoping for the best, cutting their losses. No critic screening or interviews is a bad sign. So I guess he and all the other actors of DH are just smiling and nodding at this point.
Accounts said that Clooney never showed up and I don't think they are friends, just very casual acquaintenances. And given that Jeffrey Wright has been written out of Bond 23, there meeting up maybe not so fun. I just think it is very rare for actors to show up and another actors promo event for a film that is opening at about the same time as their competing film. Seems very weird. Maybe it is a Sony film and they are asking him to attend, and he has written off DH already. As I wrote, weird, really weird. Or as JEC said, amiss. Really, really amiss.
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

First: thank you for the pics, tb :D :D :D .
Second: "somehow" I know that jacket :wink: .
Third: I also think, Sony asked Daniel for attending.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Odds are this was a courtesy call for Sony. Though we don't know if Daniel had a personal relationship with any of the cast or crew on the film and was attending with them. Though chances are Sony asked him and he went.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Thanks TB for the pics brilliant great to see more pics of him, he's looking very smart in shirt and tie!! :D
deffo had a haircut, nice
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Hello handsome! :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So - first noticed, the hair is not as short as we feared :wink:
I think, Jana is right. Me thinks, I know this jacket from ASR - not 100% sure though. Needs dark blue stripes on the sides of the arms..

@ Tampa - you are deffo not nuts, but I still think, your theory is a bit far off. I believe, its much more innocent. Rachel is gone, he is bored, the film interests him - so he went. My two...as for dressing up - he is still in jeans and not in a suit...plus I am sure, he was happy to see Jeffrrey W again, never mind if he is in 23. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

@Jana - here we go - like I thought - its Rain :D

Image Image

http://x17online.com/celebrities/daniel ... 012009.php
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Taken with a grain of salt - a BIG one.

But the big deal was Daniel Craig, who nipped into the dinner briefly, then stood outside and chatted with “Saturday Night Live” creator Lorne Michaels in the damp sorta rain. Craig told me he starts the next James Bond movie next week, which means “a lot of working out.” “Bond 23″–still no name–is what we need now more than ever, frankly. PS Daniel did not know whether the deal was done for Adele to sing the main theme. And I did not ask him about the troubled film, “Dream House,” which opens September 30th.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/09/22/ja ... y-premiere

calypso

Post by calypso »

look like he left interviews to go to that screening
he wear tie for them, grey or blue sweater
this pci from two days ago tintin interview posted on tatto video thread
ImageImage