Cowboys and Aliens news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tampa

Post by tampa »

JEC57 wrote:Just went to check the box office takings on C&A....

Total Lifetime Grosses

US Domestic: $99,586,261
Foreign: $66,000,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worldwide: $165,586,261
If it had cost a resonable amount without all these big money guys (Speilberg, Favs etc.) behind it, it would have been a nice little hit. Bet, he will be very careful about huge budgets for a while - except for Bond. Unless they are ongoing franchises, they are dangerous.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

tampa wrote:
JEC57 wrote:Just went to check the box office takings on C&A....

Total Lifetime Grosses

US Domestic: $99,586,261
Foreign: $66,000,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worldwide: $165,586,261
If it had cost a resonable amount without all these big money guys (Speilberg, Favs etc.) behind it, it would have been a nice little hit. Bet, he will be very careful about huge budgets for a while - except for Bond. Unless they are ongoing franchises, they are dangerous.
I was thinking the same thing. The real failure was that it cost waaaay to much and got caught up in the giant promo machine for all those high-end producers.

If it had been a little more modest, it would have been considered "a hit".

And to be honest, I cannot see where they spent all that money!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Extended features with many extras will be on the BluRay..

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ray-disc/1

I guess it will make some decent money with DVD and BluRay sales.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I have a question ... on the 'homepage' there's a bit about this movie coming out on 6 DECEMBER with extended scenes and loads of bonus features etc... Brilliant but is this date for the US ONLY or does that include Europe?? Also, are all the extra bits only available on Blu-Ray??? If so, I may have to consider buying one since I only own a bog standard DVD. It's just money again innit??? :?
SmittenDramaKitten

Oh, ignore me!!!!! :oops: D_C just answered my question... I was just posting without reading. So when IS it coming out in the UK??? And why is there favouritism against people who can't afford blu-ray?? :roll:
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Daniel_Craig wrote:
NextBondGirl wrote:Oh, ignore me!!!!! :oops: D_C just answered my question... I was just posting without reading. So when IS it coming out in the UK??? And why is there favouritism against people who can't afford blu-ray?? :roll:
Are you a customer @ www.amazon.co.uk ? Then log in and you must see the release date for UK.
There is no release date as yet in the UK. :wink:
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

SmittenDramaKitten

Well, the dvd release for Europe can't be TOO far behind the States can it??? Before Xmas??? PUH-LEESE!!!!!!!!

If I were over 60 and had nothing to do on Wednesday, I could see C&A again at the cinema. My local odeon are showing it at 11am as part of their 'Senior Screen' series. I have been to a Senior Screen showing before actually - to see "Nine". The tickets were only £3 and the place was packed!!! :wink:
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

you can put your email in, to be notified of when the dvd is available, amazon offers that service, you'll then get a email saying when it is available :wink:
calypso

Post by calypso »

Pezmanski Otis Driftwood
Finally seeing Cowboys and Aliens. Yet another flop of a movie I worked on for 7 weeks last summer... Curious to see how bad it really is.
1 minute ago

:shock: wonder what he will twitter after he see it
ImageImage
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

C&A DVD is now available for UK order through Amazon....release date is December 26th which is complete lunacy.

This will guarantee they lose the Christmas market. Most people like their presents on Christmas Day.
:roll:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^ NO JOKE!! And it's not like it will still be in theaters. Crazy! I wonder why that is???
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Release date in Germany 12th January 2012

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com