THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

sf2la wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:
sf2la wrote: :clapclap: :clapclap: :clapclap:

Hopefully this film will inspire women to fight back later if they have to.
it showed how clever lisabeth was, she didnt kill him, she used him to get what she wanted. Money and a good report, she took a bad experience and used it to her advantage. I couldnt have been that clever, and I couldnt have tortured him. killed him yes, just keep hitting him on the head with something hard. But couldnt cold blood torture someone, just aint in me at all. Loved the film.
Yep, she was smart, smart, smart. If a man did to me what he did to Lisbeth, I think I could do anything to him and feel no guilt. And I'm a nice person. Really, I am! :wink:
I know u are a really nice person SF. I could kill him in rage, but i couldnt torture someone, no way just couldnt, no matter what they had done. Their eyes would remain with me for the rest of my life, and the guilt, it would torture me, more then him. yes belugeon him to death in a fit of rage, straight after he released me, for sure. Lisabeth is a scary person!!!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cheryl1700 wrote:
sf2la wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote: it showed how clever lisabeth was, she didnt kill him, she used him to get what she wanted. Money and a good report, she took a bad experience and used it to her advantage. I couldnt have been that clever, and I couldnt have tortured him. killed him yes, just keep hitting him on the head with something hard. But couldnt cold blood torture someone, just aint in me at all. Loved the film.
Yep, she was smart, smart, smart. If a man did to me what he did to Lisbeth, I think I could do anything to him and feel no guilt. And I'm a nice person. Really, I am! :wink:
I know u are a really nice person SF. I could kill him in rage, but i couldnt torture someone, no way just couldnt, no matter what they had done. Their eyes would remain with me for the rest of my life, and the guilt, it would torture me, more then him. yes belugeon him to death in a fit of rage, straight after he released me, for sure. Lisabeth is a scary person!!!
Okay, it's a deal - If someone does something like that to you, just send me his photo and address :twisted: .
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

sf2la wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:
sf2la wrote: Yep, she was smart, smart, smart. If a man did to me what he did to Lisbeth, I think I could do anything to him and feel no guilt. And I'm a nice person. Really, I am! :wink:
Okay, it's a deal - If someone does something like that to you, just send me his photo and address :twisted: .
ha ha ha, I'm deffo going to start calling u lis, cheers mate :wink:
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

Little "shock" when I just visit the website of my cinema :lol: http://www.cinemaxx.de/Home 8)
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

007Mania wrote:Little "shock" when I just visit the website of my cinema :lol: http://www.cinemaxx.de/Home 8)
nice background eh!!! :wink:
sasha

Post by sasha »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
bumblebee wrote:America reports film attendance at 16-year low

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... r-low.html
I was talking to a friend on the phone eariler today. Interesting point, Hollywood or rather movie makers are scratching their heads looking for the next big thing. Some of the Twilight flame is dimming, Harry Potter is coming to a conculsion. Remakes and sequiles are wearing out, childrens movies, well what can I say about those. What is the next big thing?
Possibly Hunger Games, Batman, Avengers. Then after that who knows what.
It looks like there are couple of J. Cameron's Avatars and Peter Jackson's (JRR Tolkien's) Hobbit on horizon. (Love Tolkien but all seem to be CGI heavy)

Yeah SF and Cheryl, this is probably why the Millennium trilogy was so popular - LS rose from ashes and didn't act as a victim.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Tattoo has taken an estimated $32.5 mil as of Dec 27 and stands at
no. 4 in U.S Box Office.
I don't think that's too bad at this time of year for an R rated film, considering the competition. :wink:
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

BTW - for some reason, I see him doing really well once is leading man days are over. There are lots of juicy roles for a man, who is a character actor more then anything else.
mte

indies & british films are amazing btw
hope to see Daniel in 1 of them sooner rather than later :sigh: :sigh:

read some post how a girl didnt like Dan at all & was all opposed to him being cast in the movie but after seeing actually loved GWTDT & it made her appreciated him v/much
Soo ppl converted :cheer: hope it goes on
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Dont understand the doom and gloom opinions (sorry). I must agree with SF, Daniel is at the top of his career at the mo, he is a multi-millionaire ten times over, he can go after the film roles he wants, do theatre, do indie films if he wants. If he doesnt get roles he wants, he can produce films with him as the star, many many many actors have done so, clint eastwood for one. Robert redford when they werent the young and virile as they once were.
Daniel will always be around now. Micheal Caine, was in some huge flops of films so was connery. Connery is a massive producer of his own work, in film and in theatre. Too me, daniel will be far bigger than connery.
Daniel can do exactly what he wishes, he has the money and the good looks. Tattoo to me, made him more the sexy leading man then ever, far better than layer cake. He will get many more roles from this film and making more money from his Bond roles. Daniel loves acting from what i gather from interviews, so i dont think he will ever just direct, as he loves in front of the camera.
Daniel is laughing all the way to the bank have no doubts about that and hollywood and Britain will be asking him to do films in years to come, not even having too audition. (if that isnt happening to him now already).
I adore watching him, he's bloody georgous, and nearly every film he has ever done, he gets his kit off. A firm hit to me, once his body goes when he is old and wrinkly the character actor that he is, will make money for him. No way is daniel ever coming home with his tail between his legs. No way!! He must be one happy man the way his career is at.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

About DC doing small British films... He said it himself, due to the credit crunch, there is no British film industry at the moment. He had no choice if he wished to continue working, but go where the parts and the money are/were, the US.
Crazy!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Cheryl, we're in a loop here, but I agree with EVERY SINGLE THING you said. Without question.

On a couple other notes, I don't see him ever directing. I just don't think his idea of fun is telling people (and that's everyone on the set) what and how to do something for 3-6 months, nor do I think he's comfortable with it. Just become someone is an actor doesn't make them a good director. Having been exposed to Fincher probably makes that job seem even more daunting. Producing - yes, because he has mucho $$$$, but not directing IMO.

Also, there was a comment posted about how Fincher could have done the easy/sure-thing by hiring Pitt for MB if it was just about the $ (or something like that - I apologize in advance if I'm interpreting it wrong), but I disagree. I believe Pitt is too american for the role. Just as DC would be wrong for Moneyball, I think MB's role is far better played by a european. To me, Fincher would have risked more by having two americans play the lead roles in the remake.
caramel

Post by caramel »

In 'Dragon Tattoo,' Fincher taps another network

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 312S19.DTL
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

lindsaybrown84 lindsaybrown
Girl with the dragon tattoo- excellent adaptation, Daniel craig gave an award winning performance
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel wrote:In 'Dragon Tattoo,' Fincher taps another network

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 312S19.DTL
C, you totally got me for a minute when I saw sfgate, :idea: oh yeah you live close by duh... :roll:
caramel

Post by caramel »

This Week's Cover: Why we're so fascinated by Lisbeth Salander in 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/12/29/this- ... oney-mara/

I am thinking this could be the start of GG promos :dunno:
Whatever makes the BO numbers go up :twisted: