THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Lu

Post by Lu »

I am going to see this in an hour or so. I think I'll cover my eyes for the rape scene. Even as someone who likes Daniel I dread to go...because of all that's been made of the rape scenes.

Perhaps that explains the low attendance?

Or, as others say, the lagging attendance of movie goers in general. It's only playing at one theater in my parent's very large college town, and only 5 showings. I am afraid pretty soon it's just going to be gone so we are going tonight rather than tomorrow night.
My books!

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

There only about seven minutes of the entire film at most. :wink:
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel wrote:This Week's Cover: Why we're so fascinated by Lisbeth Salander in 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/12/29/this- ... oney-mara/

I am thinking this could be the start of GG promos :dunno:
Whatever makes the BO numbers go up :twisted:
Thsi morning on GMA the movie critic and Oscar analyst said first thing GWDT. All good comments, he said the only thing that is slowing it down is Christmas as you don't take the family and you don't take a date. feel it will do better New Years forward and it's a must see. He also had all good things to say about RM and her GG nod.
A race horse out of the gate doesn't have to start 1st to finish 1st. The good ones come up from behind to win. Then again it could be GG's ploy to launch a promo campain.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel

Post by caramel »

tarasproles Tara Sproles
The opening sequence of the Dragon Tattoo movie is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. Rooney Mara & Daniel Craig were perfect.
23 minutes ago
Lu

Post by Lu »

I liked Daniel and Rooney's performance but I think I'll never see another Fincher movie again out of protest, based on his choices in the rape scene. Too explicit and exploitative for me. I won't say anymore, I'm sure other's won't agree, only that it made me furiously pissed for Mara and served no purpose other than garnering publicity. UGH. Have always disliked Fincher's arrogance and now have a solid reason to hate him.

With that said, Daniel was wonderful from start to finish. :D
My books!

Lu

Post by Lu »

oh, and the ending!! OMG, he butchered it. I hate David Fincher. Ruined it. Sorry for my strong feelings, I am just :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
My books!

caramel

Post by caramel »

Lu wrote:oh, and the ending!! OMG, he butchered it. I hate David Fincher. Ruined it. Sorry for my strong feelings, I am just :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
You can talk freely here
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... 3&start=75

Kinda interested to read your pov...
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Lu! I, too, love reading your POV. I don't agree, but I always like to try to understand the opposing view.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I just saw the latest TV spot in the NY area, and the last words by the announcer was

'A new trilogy has begun.'

So maybe we can be more than a just a little bit optimistic.
Crazy!
sundance

Post by sundance »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:I just saw the latest TV spot in the NY area, and the last words by the announcer was

'A new trilogy has begun.'

So maybe we can be more than a just a little bit optimistic.
Since I haven't read the book(s) and haven't seen the swedish films I want to ask,whether there is more to be seen of Daniel' character in part 2 and 3
Thanks
sundance

Post by sundance »

^I just checked on IMDB.com ,so now I know and I'll look forward to part 2 and part 3...if they make them
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Lu it wasnt particularly my cup of tea either, I must prefer a closed door, and leave it up to your imagination, like the ole b&W films, i have strong enough imagination to fill in the blanks and will always fast forward that part of the dvd when i get it.
But i did love the rest of it and the opening credits, reminded me of a bond film, lot effort gone into that.
Lu

Post by Lu »

cheryl1700 wrote:Lu it wasnt particularly my cup of tea either, I must prefer a closed door, and leave it up to your imagination, like the ole b&W films, i have strong enough imagination to fill in the blanks and will always fast forward that part of the dvd when i get it.
But i did love the rest of it and the opening credits, reminded me of a bond film, lot effort gone into that.
I did like the rest of it very much! Only that rape scene...contrast it with Bjurman's "rape" a few scenes later. Why is Mara's scene so well lit and tits and ass showing and big drawn out process to strip her down, while Bjurman gets darkness and no explicitness, just mostly his facial expressions. Fincher's disgusting exploitative, sexist choices.

Also, why did Fincher choose to change the ending to make Lisbeth look weak, jealous, petty? It ruined the entire movie for me and pissed me off. Lisbeth deserved her chance to be the strong hero after all she accomplished in the movie. Ugh. :evil:
My books!

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Lu wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:Lu it wasnt particularly my cup of tea either, I must prefer a closed door, and leave it up to your imagination, like the ole b&W films, i have strong enough imagination to fill in the blanks and will always fast forward that part of the dvd when i get it.
I did like the rest of it very much! Only that rape scene...contrast it with Bjurman's "rape" a few scenes later. Why is Mara's scene so well lit and tits and ass showing and big drawn out process to strip her down, while Bjurman gets darkness and no explicitness, just mostly his facial expressions. Fincher's disgusting exploitative, sexist choices.

Also, why did Fincher choose to change the ending to make Lisbeth look weak, jealous, petty? It ruined the entire movie for me and pissed me off. Lisbeth deserved her chance to be the strong hero after all she accomplished in the movie. Ugh. :evil:
I havent read the books, but i did think it strange that Bjurman had a little flannel over his bits and pieces, cause that wouldnt happen.
I agree it was mostly his facial expressions that we saw, goose for gander and all that. If your going to be that graphic in a film, it should work the same for both sexes. (why didnt she strap him to the bed like he did her) agree sexist!
I just took the ending, that it showed MB that there "bedding" meant nothing to him. I also thought she would probably seek alittle revenge of her own in the future, for that. It did make her look as though she was looking for love, any love and grasping at straws, as she didnt have any of that in her life. Where she would have that many walls up in her mind, to protect herself, she wouldnt show him that sort of "love"; people like that make out they dont care.
Last edited by cheryl1700 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.