THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

calypso wrote:
sf2la wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:thats it, never thought of him being a dead weight big bloke to shift.
He does have a flannel over his bits at one point though, like a puddin basin material, which in reality should not have been there.
Either way with our differences in opinions, it was a hell of a good film. Deffo think daniel should have more nude but that is for my benefit nothing to do with the story
:twisted:
CHERYL - MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! Why on earth cover the fat man's privates so perfectly? It's like the fabric was cut to the exact size. She would have left him exposed, not covered up. That's Fincher's only screw up IMO. If he couldn't film his little pork sausage peepee (I'm assuming that's what it is - LOL) then he should have framed the shot differently.

And yeah, what's with LS's nudity and not MB's? NOT FAIR! I wish DC had at least worn tighty whities because we may have been able to catch a shadow or two. Or would that be three?
we long overdue for new updated full frontal from daniel , it nice for timeline purposes yes?
I agree with Tampa on this. DC being A-lister and Bond and all he wont do it. Like she said it ruins the fantasy.Use your imaginations, ladies and if you need to feast your eyes on something,get back to the one where he is in that bathtub. I am sure it looks the same even today... maybe trimmed a little :lol: .... thats it for u guys :twisted:

Regards to the sex scenes - I liked them the way they were done.

If someone could please give a description of DC's face exp in the second sex scene where she pretty much uses him while his mind is elsewhere, I will be much obliged :lol: I am trying to think of how to put his exp into words. After she is done he has this look of can't-believe-she-has-so-much-energy...

About Nils's torture scene - well he is seen to be completely naked with just the corner of the pillow placed there at the end of the scene. Why do we need more? Will it enhance the story?
calypso

Post by calypso »

caramel wrote:
calypso wrote:
sf2la wrote: CHERYL - MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! Why on earth cover the fat man's privates so perfectly? It's like the fabric was cut to the exact size. She would have left him exposed, not covered up. That's Fincher's only screw up IMO. If he couldn't film his little pork sausage peepee (I'm assuming that's what it is - LOL) then he should have framed the shot differently.

And yeah, what's with LS's nudity and not MB's? NOT FAIR! I wish DC had at least worn tighty whities because we may have been able to catch a shadow or two. Or would that be three?
we long overdue for new updated full frontal from daniel , it nice for timeline purposes yes?
I agree with Tampa on this. DC being A-lister and Bond and all he wont do it. Like she said it ruins the fantasy.Use your imaginations, ladies and if you need to feast your eyes on something,get back to the one where he is in that bathtub. I am sure it looks the same even today... maybe trimmed a little :lol: .... thats it for u guys :twisted:

If someone could please give a description of DC's face exp in the second sex scene where she pretty much uses him while his mind is elsewhere, I will be much obliged :lol: I am trying to think of how to put his exp into words. After she is done he has this look of can't-believe-she-has-so-much-energy...

About Nils's torture scene - well he is seen to be completely naked with just the corner of the pillow placed there at the end of the scene. Why do we need more? Will it enhance the story?
it look of lets get this over with, resignation, he not excited by her, she using him, which is smart irony of film, like he was being used,
ImageImage
caramel

Post by caramel »

calypso wrote: it look of lets get this over with, resignation, he not excited by her, she using him, which is smart irony of film, like he was being used,
I guess he was excited enough to become hard for her to use him... I think at that time he was more into the puzzle.. and when she alone was done, I was like what about him :( :lol:
calypso

Post by calypso »

caramel wrote:
calypso wrote: it look of lets get this over with, resignation, he not excited by her, she using him, which is smart irony of film, like he was being used,
I guess he was excited enough to become hard for her to use him... I think at that time he was more into the puzzle.. and when she was alone was done, I was like what about him :( :lol:
it seem to me man like mikeal could get hard easily yes? it no big deal, but i love when she say hang on i not finished, everyone laugh
ImageImage
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

calypso wrote:
caramel wrote:
I guess he was excited enough to become hard for her to use him... I think at that time he was more into the puzzle.. and when she was alone was done, I was like what about him :( :lol:
it seem to me man like mikeal could get hard easily yes? it no big deal, but i love when she say hang on i not finished, everyone laugh
maybe had already had his pleasure, and she was now getting hers. :wink:
calypso

Post by calypso »

SAMofBEV Sam G
Girl with the dragon Tattoo was brilliant!! One confusing thing was Daniel Craig's Swedish accent that turned British by the end??!!
22 minutes ago
i noticed this too, it wa s hint of one in beginning then he was normal at end
but i workjed well
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

ryanCRASHBURN Ryan Mackfall
I respected Daniel Craig before I saw TGWTDT. After seeing it, the respect has doubled. The guy did brilliant.
2 minutes ag
ImageImage
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

calypso wrote:
caramel wrote:
calypso wrote: we long overdue for new updated full frontal from daniel , it nice for timeline purposes yes?

it look of lets get this over with, resignation, he not excited by her, she using him, which is smart irony of film, like he was being used,
she using him, which is smart irony of film, like he was being used
exactly Luna, she using MB because she not yet found feelings and when she have sex it's what is is, physical outlet and just sex.
Sort of like men are, most of the time it's just physical no emotion behind it.
I think it was spot on, MB expression was so funny, it was the role reversal. You've all seen it in movie, the man is humping the woman and she is a million miles away in her thoguhts. She is thinking come on, get off will ya.
Same thing in LS/MB case.
Lu

Post by Lu »

caramel wrote:
calypso wrote:
sf2la wrote: CHERYL - MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! Why on earth cover the fat man's privates so perfectly? It's like the fabric was cut to the exact size. She would have left him exposed, not covered up. That's Fincher's only screw up IMO. If he couldn't film his little pork sausage peepee (I'm assuming that's what it is - LOL) then he should have framed the shot differently.

To me, the issue is that the female (Lisbeth's) scene is so well lit and explicit while the male's scene is all dark and covered up. Story aside, it's sexist. It's to sell more tickets with tits and ass and exploiting Mara's body because she is an attractive woman and they want men coming back to salivate over her writhing ass and tits and the several full body shots from above in her rape scene. Gag. Of course the male is not subjected to such exploitation. :roll:

I hate David Fincher but I hated him before from things I heard of those who worked with him, etc, and his arrogance. But it's only my opinion so...

I become very irate about the sexism of Hollywood and the way no one talks about it. Why so many male directors? Why so much female nudity but no male frontal nudity? And in Blue Valentine they almost gave an NC-17 rating because Ryan Gosling gives Michelle Williams cunnilingus. He called them on it as sexist...because if he was raping her or she was giving him a blowjob, it would have been an R. It's true, and disgusting. They did finally change it to an R. You can read about it here:

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/12/08/bl ... ing-nc-17/

And I promise I will not derail any more. I am ranted out. :wink:
My books!

caramel

Post by caramel »

I disagree with you regarding DF using Mara's body for selling more tickets. Because if that were his intention he would have gone with Scarlett Johansson with her voluptuous figure. According to him she gave an excellent audition. He went with RM only because she fit the description of LS in addition to a great audition.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Lu, I agree with a lot of what you said. I detest that they show female nudity but not male. It's not that I want to see the fat pig's peepee any more than I want to see Rooney Mara naked, but I think the nudity should be equal. As much as I prefer it to be DC, the fat pig would have sufficed for equality sake. I don't know when/if this is going to change, but it's just sexist and wrong. I think a flacid cock is benign. I agree with an NC-17 rating if it's hard or on the way to being so.

I do like Fincher though. Steve Jobs was a total ass, but because of his talent, others put up with it. Same with Fincher. Brilliance gets a hall pass, too.

Yep, sad about the lack of women directors. This is a pretty good article that tries to explain why: http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/19/oscars ... ctors.html.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

:cry2: I agree that DC won't provide us with anymore full frontal shots. He's too big of a star now. RATZ.

Maybe everyone's already read/seen this, but I was watching RM being interviewed and she was talking about the filming of her rape scene; specifically, that its filming began on Valentine's Day. So while Fincher was busy working with her, DC was at The Box making out with Rachel and at home - boom titty. And for the rest of the week, Fincher worked with RM on the rape of the fat pig.
caramel

Post by caramel »

cheryl1700 wrote:
calypso wrote:
caramel wrote: I guess he was excited enough to become hard for her to use him... I think at that time he was more into the puzzle.. and when she was alone was done, I was like what about him :( :lol:
If he is already spent he wont be hard for her to ride him like that :lol:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:
calypso wrote: it seem to me man like mikeal could get hard easily yes? it no big deal, but i love when she say hang on i not finished, everyone laugh
If he is already spent he wont be hard for her to ride him like that :lol:
So true! But did you notice the grimace 'giving it his all' expression on Daniel's face when she was finishing off? He was into it, like he was trying to help get her off. But when it was over, he was back into thinking about the case. SEE? I notice SOME things!!!
calypso

Post by calypso »

Imagine filming that scene, I would die and if I wad robin wright I would be pissed off no bed scenes at all
ImageImage