THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The film is well paced. Thus the length of the film is not an issue IMO. It's a well done dark-edged mystery thriller. Craig's scenes with the tabby cat are quite entertaining. The opening titles are very Bond-like. Trent Reznor does a nice job with the heavy Led Zep remix.
Rooney Mara does naked with way more enthusiasm than Noomi Rapace. Craig does a butt-crack scene, just like in his new SF pool scene. He's clearly in a butt-crack phase of his career.

:lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

The Box office now stands at just under $88 mil in the U.S.
Almost reached its production budget of $90 mil.
sundance

Post by sundance »

Sylvia's girl wrote:The Box office now stands at just under $88 mil in the U.S.
Its weekend gross falls only 27% compared to 38.6% for the Sherlock Holmes and even more for Mission Impossible 42.1%
Looks like the movie will get to the all important 100 000 000 mark...it's smells like sequel :lol:
calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:The film is well paced. Thus the length of the film is not an issue IMO. It's a well done dark-edged mystery thriller. Craig's scenes with the tabby cat are quite entertaining. The opening titles are very Bond-like. Trent Reznor does a nice job with the heavy Led Zep remix.
Rooney Mara does naked with way more enthusiasm than Noomi Rapace. Craig does a butt-crack scene, just like in his new SF pool scene. He's clearly in a butt-crack phase of his career.

:twisted: si! and we are most grateful.

ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol: awesome smiley
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

When I returned to Stockholm after six years abroad this continental coffee bar had replaced Platanos Livs – for many years my local grocery store, and source of milk and breakfast cereal.

Kaffebar is really what it claims to be: a bar where you drink mainly coffee, but in contrast to most other, much smaller ones of its kind you find in Stockholm Kaffebar is a rather large place. During the weekends it’s crowded with locals in their mid-thirties and upwards, grabbing a quick coffee on their feet by the large windows facing St Paulsgatan.

True to its Italian inspiration, Kaffebar serves toasts, but with Swedish style filling such as Västerbotten cheese or Falukorv. They also have mini croissants and some Italian patisseries. Not the place to go for a big lunch, but perfect for people watching or for grabbing a quick coffee.

is one daniel filmed in
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:The film is well paced. Thus the length of the film is not an issue IMO. It's a well done dark-edged mystery thriller. Craig's scenes with the tabby cat are quite entertaining. The opening titles are very Bond-like. Trent Reznor does a nice job with the heavy Led Zep remix.

:twisted: si! and we are most grateful.

Butt-crack phase of his career and that smiley :rotfl: :rotfl:
calypso

Post by calypso »

Rooney at gg, she wear nina ricci
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

What??? Daniel is at the Golden Globes???? :shock:

Rooney Mara makes a quiet entrance at her first Golden Globes
January 15, 2012 | 4:53 pm

Rooney Mara — nominee for lead actress in a drama and a Golden Globes novice — seemed eerily calm as she headed into the ballroom, dressed in a black Nina Ricci gown evocative of her Lisbeth Salander character in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."

Looking as slender as a swan, the "Dragon Tattoo" star was left largely unmolested by an excitable crowd that lost its mind over Harrison Ford and Meryl Streep, but seemed to miss her due to her low-key energy.

"I feel very honored to be here," she said quietly. Award season has been fun, the young actress said, in part because fashion designers have been clamoring to dress her on the red carpet. "I feel very lucky that they've been so generous."

PHOTOS: Golden Globes 2012 red carpet

That said, "The guys get all the luck" when it comes to doing time on the red carpet, she said when asked the whereabouts of her costar Daniel Craig. "I think I'll just see him inside."

And as for a possible second installment in the "Dragon Tattoo" series? Mara said she's not preparing yet because if it gets the green light, filming won't begin for a few months.

"I'd be very excited if it did happen," she said — again, quietly.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/ ... attoo.html
calypso

Post by calypso »

sf2la wrote:What??? Daniel is at the Golden Globes???? :shock:

Rooney Mara makes a quiet entrance at her first Golden Globes
January 15, 2012 | 4:53 pm

Rooney Mara — nominee for lead actress in a drama and a Golden Globes novice — seemed eerily calm as she headed into the ballroom, dressed in a black Nina Ricci gown evocative of her Lisbeth Salander character in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."

Looking as slender as a swan, the "Dragon Tattoo" star was left largely unmolested by an excitable crowd that lost its mind over Harrison Ford and Meryl Streep, but seemed to miss her due to her low-key energy.

"I feel very honored to be here," she said quietly. Award season has been fun, the young actress said, in part because fashion designers have been clamoring to dress her on the red carpet. "I feel very lucky that they've been so generous."

PHOTOS: Golden Globes 2012 red carpet

That said, "The guys get all the luck" when it comes to doing time on the red carpet, she said when asked the whereabouts of her costar Daniel Craig. "I think I'll just see him inside."

And as for a possible second installment in the "Dragon Tattoo" series? Mara said she's not preparing yet because if it gets the green light, filming won't begin for a few months.

"I'd be very excited if it did happen," she said — again, quietly.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/ ... attoo.html
i not beelive he would be seen there , someone would have tweeted
ImageImage
kimcraig

Post by kimcraig »

calypso wrote:Rooney at gg, she wear nina ricci
Rooney looks lovely. Too bad Daniel is not there, but I didn't expect him to. :)
“I'm not shy and Bond wouldn't be shy about it either.”
Daniel Craig quote
calypso

Post by calypso »

Maybe he present, noone tweet they see , bradley cooper he prsent
ImageImage
kimcraig

Post by kimcraig »

Sylvia's girl wrote:The Box office now stands at just under $88 mil in the U.S.
Domestic: $87,981,000

+ Foreign: $49,700,000

= Worldwide: $137,681,000

I expect this movie to made 90 million (domestically) by Monday evening or early Tuesday. In two weeks or less, this movie could reach the 100 million mark. I am so hoping we will see the second installment.

However, I have a feeling that David Fincher may not be on board---he is considered too expensive by some. I am hoping the knock 2nd and 3rd film at the same time to cut down on the cost and to assure we will get ALL 3 films.
“I'm not shy and Bond wouldn't be shy about it either.”
Daniel Craig quote
calypso

Post by calypso »

Rooney mara not win, meryl streep won
ImageImage