Daniel and the Olympics

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just read that, too. What xactly does that mean. Rope ladder means, he is not actually jumping, but hanging on the rope?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Just read that, too. What xactly does that mean. Rope ladder means, he is not actually jumping, but hanging on the rope?
Something like this....

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yup, that looks awesome enough without being too dangerous. But boy, is he faced with his hight demon. All the time...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Yup, that looks awesome enough without being too dangerous. But boy, is he faced with his hight demon. All the time...
Yeah, he's a glutton for punishment alright, but at least it's safer than parachuting in.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Yup, that looks awesome enough without being too dangerous. But boy, is he faced with his hight demon. All the time...
Yeah, he's a glutton for punishment alright, but at least it's safer than parachuting in.
But we know, he LOVES those challenges and I think, this is a really great way to do it. He will have his moment in front of all those billions of people allright :lol: As a fan, I am VERY pleased.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
But we know, he LOVES those challenges and I think, this is a really great way to do it. He will have his moment in front of all those billions of people allright :lol: As a fan, I am VERY pleased.
Me too. Can't wait!!! :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This will be a proud moment. Doing it to the Bond theme. Bondfans all over the world will be in tears :lol: And OUR man has the honour to do it.

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=20 ... witterfeed

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Some places are reporting it as "a film" though.....maybe it is the film getting shown of him on a rope-ladder rather than the helicopter landing in the stadium. :dunno:

The ceremony is expected to include a short film starring Daniel Craig as secret agent James Bond during the television coverage of the ceremony.

http://www.fanlala.com/news/2012-london ... und-corner

The inside of the stadium.....

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

That is great isnt it, he is going to look awesome, think he's brilliant, and how proud is his family going to be. Could well shed a tear myself. :oops: :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:James Bond star Daniel Craig to open Olympics with a daredevil leap from a helicopter

Star will drop into the stadium on a rope ladder as a billion people watch worldwide

James Bond star Daniel Craig will open the Games ceremony in true 007 style... with a daredevil leap into the Olympic Stadium from a helicopter.

Three choppers will swoop down the Thames and under London Bridge before heading to the Olympic Park in East London.

To the strains of the James Bond theme, Craig will drop into the stadium on a rope ladder as a billion people watch on worldwide.

The nail-biting action will follow a short film by Trainspotting film-maker Danny Boyle, the artistic director of the July 27 opening ­ceremony.

In the movie, called The Arrival, Bond visits ­Buckingham Palace by Royal Appointment to be told his latest ­mission is to launch the Games

The Queen ­personally invited Craig, 44, to take part and is ­rumoured to make a cameo appearance.

Boyle was given unprecedented access to the Queen’s private rooms to make the film backin March. But the Palace has kept details under tight wraps.

A source said: “Daniel Craig is determined to open the ceremony with a bang and he and the BBC producers have pulled out all the stops.

“The world will be watching and they are happy to go to any length to make sure the stunts are as thrilling as possible.

“Not only are they giving us Bond, Britain’smost iconic character, but they’re giving ussuspense and drama with the helicopters and the Bond theme tune.

“It will be unmissable.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lo ... pen-860295
JEC quote

Some places are reporting it as "a film" though.....maybe it is the film getting shown of him on a rope-ladder rather than the helicopter landing in the stadium.

The ceremony is expected to include a short film starring Daniel Craig as secret agent James Bond during the television coverage of the ceremony.

He will enter on rope ladder from a helicopter. There will also be a short film called The Arrival.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:James Bond star Daniel Craig to open Olympics with a daredevil leap from a helicopter

Star will drop into the stadium on a rope ladder as a billion people watch worldwide

James Bond star Daniel Craig will open the Games ceremony in true 007 style... with a daredevil leap into the Olympic Stadium from a helicopter.

Three choppers will swoop down the Thames and under London Bridge before heading to the Olympic Park in East London.

To the strains of the James Bond theme, Craig will drop into the stadium on a rope ladder as a billion people watch on worldwide.

The nail-biting action will follow a short film by Trainspotting film-maker Danny Boyle, the artistic director of the July 27 opening ­ceremony.

In the movie, called The Arrival, Bond visits ­Buckingham Palace by Royal Appointment to be told his latest ­mission is to launch the Games

The Queen ­personally invited Craig, 44, to take part and is ­rumoured to make a cameo appearance.

Boyle was given unprecedented access to the Queen’s private rooms to make the film backin March. But the Palace has kept details under tight wraps.

A source said: “Daniel Craig is determined to open the ceremony with a bang and he and the BBC producers have pulled out all the stops.

“The world will be watching and they are happy to go to any length to make sure the stunts are as thrilling as possible.

“Not only are they giving us Bond, Britain’smost iconic character, but they’re giving ussuspense and drama with the helicopters and the Bond theme tune.

“It will be unmissable.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lo ... pen-860295
JEC quote

Some places are reporting it as "a film" though.....maybe it is the film getting shown of him on a rope-ladder rather than the helicopter landing in the stadium.

He will enter on rope ladder from a helicopter. There will also be a short film called The Arrival.
A-ha!....we are getting both then? Daniel hanging from a rope and a film too. Cool! 8)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I think so! But you know what these tabloids are like! :wink:
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

Hello I am back!!! I heard this on Facebook - had to rush here to see if it's true!!!!

Daniel and the Olympics - a wonderful fantasy for me!!! Now starting to daydream what could happen!!! What a wonderful moment for Daniel if that is going to happen. I did try to get tickets for the Opening Ceremony but failed. Oh never mind.

I have one wish. To see Daniel to carry the Olympic Torch.

Just a flying visit to see this thread. Thanks!

SDF xx
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Nice to see you Starry! You should drop in more often. :D
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

Thanks Sylvia's girl, I am more obsessed with the Olympics these days more than Daniel (sorry Daniel!). So when I heard about this and had to come here to check out if it is true or not.

Hope you are all well though. Take care!

SDF xx