Daniel hosts SNL

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

The Mail has an article on Daniel's SNL hosting gig, with some nice pics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -Live.html

Personally, I'm relieved this is over and it doesn't appear to have done him too much harm.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The written reviews are all rather bad, but this is true

They can’t all be gold, and in a month Skyfall will open (the marketing has been first-rate so far), and no one will even remember Craig was ever a host.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/reviews/th ... craig.html

All in all, the tweets come in as before - good and bad.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hah, a good one:

After two episodes, SNL finally delivered an episode one might refer to as "above average," even with the ample references to James Bond, as Daniel Craig was host. Musical guest Muse got down with their new songs "Madness" and "Panic Station." The Cold Open was a cute lampoon of the first presidential debates earlier this week. Using real footage for cutaways, Jason Sudeikis delivers a hilarious stare as Obama (Jay Pharoah) speaks. Frankly, Sudeikis has never been better as Romney. While he talks, there's a voice-over narration from Obama. Moderator Jim Lehrer (Chris Parnell cameos) interrupts Obama's high-elevation-induced slumber with "Governor Romney has just said he killed Osama Bin Laden, would you care to respond?" Conservatives are going to hate it, because it goes light on a lethargic Obama.

In the Opening Monologue, an amiable Daniel Craig holds an In Memoriam ("or all the people I have killed") for all of the onscreen deaths he has been responsible for. The Weekend Update with Seth Meyers was better than usual, with lines like,"Well, you have to hand it to Mitt Romney, because President Obama sure did," and a Pretty in Pink reference to Michelle Obama, "You went in thinking you were with Blane, but then you go home with Ducky." Big Bird was special guest commenter, as well as Cecilia Gimenez, the Spanish painter who raised controversy by modifying a fresco of Jesus. McKinnon did a swell job and it's clear that she is one of the major players to rise from the new crop of talent. Meyers also offered a new segment called Winners/Losers.

Cecily Strong did Rachel Maddow (after the recently departed Abby Elliott) in an MSNBC special with guests Chris Matthews (Sudeikis), SC Kupp (McKinnon), and Al Sharpton (Kenan Thompson). Sudeikis and McKinnon were the best here. Strong just made me miss Elliott, whose Maddow was one of her best characters. It reminds me when they tried to wedge Nasim Pedrad into Hoda Kotb, after Michaela Watkins mastered the morning show host during her first and only season. There was a repeat of the satire on independent voters from a few weeks ago.

There was a commercial for the DVD set that is a satire of Bond women who didn't make the cut, including Annie Hall and Molly Ringwald (played by Vanessa Bayer), Jodie Foster and Ellen Degeneres (a quite shrewd Kate McKinnon), and Penny Marshall (Fred Armisen). In another pretaped piece, McKinnon played Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo. Like, McKinnon and Strong, Aidy Bryant also got more airtime. She was in a skit with Craig as Carl, who is dating Regine (Fred Armisen channeling Edith Head); as a couple, they act very inappropriately much to their friend's chagrin. In BBC's A Sorry Lot We Are, Craig plays Danny, who can't seem to catch a break. In a construction site skit, Craig plays an Italian-American knucklehead who just can't seem to master the art of heckling. In an Alien-like skit, Bobby Moynihan plays Kirby, who misses his "little kitty cat," Fuzz Aldrin, in what's sure to be a repeat skit (I'm calling it). He fondly details his many forms of cuteness like sliding across the floor "like a little Tom Cruise cat in Frisky Business."

http://cinesnatch.blogspot.de/2012/10/s ... craig.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

cassandra wrote:The Mail has an article on Daniel's SNL hosting gig, with some nice pics.

Personally, I'm relieved this is over and it doesn't appear to have done him too much harm.
So it was him in the twitterpic.
Some funny pics of him here. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Cass, great pics and good review :D

SNL was worth getting up. Wonderful men at their best. #SNL #DanielCraig #Muse

So Daniel Craig was a flawless host on #SNL

Ok, SNL has done the task of not boring me after 20 minutes. Well played Lorne, your intriguing host choice of Daniel Craig worked.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote:The Mail has an article on Daniel's SNL hosting gig, with some nice pics.

Good thing is, that most, who didn't like it, blamed it on the writing and those, who liked it will be good for Daniel. So yeah, it didn't work out as good as I hoped, but it won't harm him - agreed - and maybe, from the good posts, brought him some new fans and appreciation. But its save to say, he won't be seen as the new comedian star after this :lol:

Good he seemed to have fun with Rachel at the after party, as Elisa wrote.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Stills:

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Blue, is this, what i hope it is? The whole bit? :shock:

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Germangirl wrote:Blue, is this, what i hope it is? The whole bit? :shock:
I'm still downloading it but according to the site it was posted in it's the whole show. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WOW, so lets hope. Thanks so much for ta and the pics and so fast :thumbup: Can't wait.

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

:D :D :D

trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Thanks tb. A few pics from tumbir...