Daniel hosts SNL

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig is one funny man. And Muse! With some breaks for lunch. http://bit.ly/Ok5AnI #GetGlue @NBCSNL

daniel craig was amazing in SNL last night or what?!!!

Daniel Craig was awesome hosting Saturday Night Live.So proud of all my British men.....

Daniel Craig was excellent but SNL still not the same without Kristen Wiig

Kinda in love with Daniel Craig

Daniel Craig is a gorgeous man.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Yet to watch it, but oh dear, I wonder if he looks like this when he climaxes!

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Well, I thought we would see more of him, he was not on as much as I thought he would be.

Loved his first throw-away line about "most actors working in .....". :lol:

The opening In Memoriam slot was funny, I could have done with more of that and more like that, with just Daniel and no-one else. On his own he is more than funny enough.

Sketches - just my own opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree with me because humour is an individual thing and in general, this kind of American humour doesn't make me laugh.

Building site - not funny

50 years of Bond - only Daniel's bits were funny

Long Island Medium - Daniel's bits were funny (and enough tattoos to give sf a nightmare!! :lol:). Gotta say, in general, that very grey hair rather suited him. :brood:

Spaceship - Lame (and Daniel fluffed his lines at least twice....I gave up listening after a while because the dialogue was excruciatingly poor)

Intro to both Muse songs - Daniel looked wonderful. Shame we didn't get to see more of him looking like that.

Weekend Update - nothing to do with Daniel, but I loved seeing Big Bird. :-)

A Sorry Lot We Are - Very lame.

Girlfriend / Regine - the only subtle sketch of the programme, and for that alone, it was funny

The finale was nice, Daniel looked lovely.

It was not as funny as I had hoped following that lovely goofy trailer. In fact, the trailer was the funniest bit and I would have been content with a 20 minute continuous segment of Daniel goofing off with that one guy, who I thought was rather cute, and in Daniel's company, he was certainly funny.

Oh well, can't have it all I guess and as it was no where near as cringe-worthy as I thought it was going to be, for that I am grateful. 8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Yet to watch it, but oh dear, I wonder if he looks like this when he climaxes!
I imagine him to look like he did in Love and Rage. :twisted:

@ JEC - I am glad, you are ok with it. :D
The whole thing together with the promo clips gave us a lot of nice to look at at least.

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote: All in all, I am glad, he seemed to have gotten away with it, because it was not really good. I can now understand those, who opposed the idea.
Still, like I said - there are many still, who liked it and him in it and that's good.
Thanks for saying that. I know my opinion was not popular in the run-up to this. Not saying it will be any more popular now, but it is nice to know someone now knows what I was getting at with my objections.

I'm just grateful that he didn't get bounced into doing anything creepy or cheap.
Germangirl wrote: @ JEC - I am glad, you are ok with it. :D

The whole thing together with the promo clips gave us a lot of nice to look at at least.
There were lots of snippets where we got to see him looking lovely. I'm looking forward to D_C getting his hands on it and making some HD screencaps of those bits where he was not in make-up/wigs. 8)
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I haven't seen more than the opening monologue and the preview clip from yesterday yet... but I think he is VERY brave to do this. When you consider how shy he normally is, I think he must have required a tremendous amount of courage just to get up on the SNL stage to do something like that. I bet he had a few Brandies in his dressing room beforehand. I know a bit of what it is like to do comedy on stage because I used to do comedy plays at school with my friends. It is VERY hard to stay focussed when doing comedy because its so easy to fluff lines. I hope I get to watch more at some point ... the computer isn't working so well right now. I think MANY people are trying to get on the forum to find out how he did!!! :wink:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I've just tried clicking on the links that Trublue added but they don't work for me..... :? :( ... guess that's because I'm using a public computer and the software doesn't allow for downloads... :roll:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Regine skit is here...

http://ave-me.tumblr.com/

Lesser known Bond girls...

http://annperkins.tumblr.com/
Last edited by Sylvia's girl on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig on the Brit-flavoured episode of Saturday Night Live = surprisingly really funny

Watching SNL with mom: "Daniel Craig...Mmm god was good to that man."

Daniel Craig is hilarious man. I love English people.

think Daniel Craig did pretty well on SNL :'3 They had some funny skits.
and this

omfg this is the funniest SNL they've done in a long time and with DANIEL CRAIG of all people
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

JEC57 wrote:
Germangirl wrote: All in all, I am glad, he seemed to have gotten away with it, because it was not really good. I can now understand those, who opposed the idea.
Still, like I said - there are many still, who liked it and him in it and that's good.
Thanks for saying that. I know my opinion was not popular in the run-up to this. Not saying it will be any more popular now, but it is nice to know someone now knows what I was getting at with my objections.

I'm just grateful that he didn't get bounced into doing anything creepy or cheap.
Germangirl wrote: @ JEC - I am glad, you are ok with it. :D

There were lots of snippets where we got to see him looking lovely. I'm looking forward to D_C getting his hands on it and making some HD screencaps of those bits where he was not in make-up/wigs. 8)
I am pleased that you didn't find it cringe-worthy. I think he was brave, but possibly ill advised, to appear on SNL, and at least some of the reaction is favourable. I don't feel brave enough to watch clips of the show, but I am enjoying looking at some of the stills.  I hope he can now say, 'been there, done that' and move on. 
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

IMO, the reactions are way more favourable then I thought, they would be after watching it. :lol: So n- he has made an impact, that is not all that bad. When you read my posted comments, I didn't have cut out many negative ones. Of course, there are many posts, that just state, he did it, too. And there is one page with many, many comments, that were entirely mixed.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:IMO, the reactions are way more favourable then I thought, they would be after watching it. :lol: So n- he has made an impact, that is not all that bad. When you read my posted comments, I didn't have cut out many negative ones. Of course, there are many posts, that just state, he did it, too. And there is one page with many, many comments, that were entirely mixed.
I think there is more criticism of the writing not so much Daniel. :wink:
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

cassandra wrote: I am pleased that you didn't find it cringe-worthy. I think he was brave, but possibly ill advised, to appear on SNL, and at least some of the reaction is favourable. I don't feel brave enough to watch clips of the show, but I am enjoying looking at some of the stills. I hope he can now say, 'been there, done that' and move on.
:stick_iagree:

He's never been scared of having a go, that's for sure.

But as the old saying goes "Next!!" 8)

Sylvia's girl wrote: I think there is more criticism of the writing not so much Daniel. :wink:
:stick_iagree:

And that's good. At least they concentrated on the poor writing rather than on him.

He got kudos for having a go at it, but now he will move on to the next challenge and I hope it's something a bit more worthy of him and his talents.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

There have been worst shows . It showed his different accents . He could have made a in charactor joke about his line flub . The in memorial was a bit flat . If the new girls had better show characters like Kristen Wigg had to swoon over him or the guys dressed as girls swooning , would have been fun . He should have dressed as a girl in last skit . The show has a lot of new people and hasn't got it's groove yet . He should have done it last year .