Daniel hosts SNL

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.rajeanblomquist.com/blog/201 ... iel-craig/

So weird. I love to critique SNL, but I laughed a lot. I give Daniel Craig an A for effort. He tried, & some bits were good.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

From Rolling Stone :D

Some sketches with host Daniel Craig – never known as a silly guy – exceeded expectations, like a hilariously bizarre bit where Craig brings Fred Armisen – playing an over-amorous woman named Regine – to a dinner party as his date.

Craig also played off his James Bond persona in a commercial for a "50 Years of Bond" DVD set, featuring some of the "lesser known" Bond Girls. The ladies of SNL killed as Diane Keaton, Jodie Foster, Lea Michelle, and Molly Ringwald in The Man Who Was a Gun.

And there was the scene featuring the steady Keenan Thompson, the underrated Bobby Moynihan and rookie Tim Robinson as cat-calling construction workers. Craig, playing a new man on the site, tries to fit in with the fellas, but is fired after his catcalls are deemed too pathetic. To wit: "She's like a big bowl of butt soup, with extra nipples. And can I get that with a side of hoo-woo-woo? You can sir; your total comes to five kisses and forty-seven smooches. You can drive up to the next window and collect that sweet, sweet heiney." In a darkly amusing twist, the guys soon find out that it’s not all Craig’s fault: when he was a child, his father was murdered right in front of him by a woman he had innocently cooed at.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/vide ... z28dsMHLaG
caramel

Post by caramel »

lawrence caputo ‏@biglarrycaputo

What an honor having Daniel Craig play me.still in dis belief
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

caramel wrote:From Rolling Stone :D

Some sketches with host Daniel Craig – never known as a silly guy – exceeded expectations, like a hilariously bizarre bit where Craig brings Fred Armisen – playing an over-amorous woman named Regine – to a dinner party as his date.
:D :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig was awesome last night on SNL

I want an #SNL movie based entirely on Daniel Craig's construction worker.

Daniel Craig as a socially-challenged construction worker on last night's #SNL was hilarious.

n other news I seem to have developed a thing for Daniel Craig, no idea when it happened exactly!

I can't focus on this skit because I find Daniel Craig too attractive her and I don't know why

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

The journalist has a point.......... :brood:

'SNL' Scorecard: Daniel Craig Really Wants You to Think He's Funny

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ryan ... 46309.html

Last year, during the press rounds for "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," director David Fincher told me that Daniel Craig was quite funny. I took Fincher at his word -- but the thought, Wait, really? did pop into my head at least twice.

As host of "Saturday Night Live," Craig seemed raring to go -- he was practically screaming, "I want to prove to you that I am funny! No, really, I am!" Unfortunately, for the most part, the material just wasn't there. (Put it this way: In the three-year history of "SNL" Scorecard, this is the longest I've just stared at my computer thinking, Well, I guess I have to pick something to be "Sketch of the Night," right?) I hate second-guessing (even though that's what I'm paid to do here, I suppose), but I think the better strategy with Craig might have been to let him play the straight man while absurd things happened around him, as opposed to letting him play the clown. Alas, on to the Scorecard...
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

Still downloading... can't wait to watch the whole show! :brood:

Thanks for all videos, pics and infos. ;)
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Corellianjedi2 wrote:Another note. Regine was HILARIOUS at rehearsal. Before they entered the living room, all I could see was Dan standing with a woman. I couldn't tell it was Fred so when they revealed it, I cracked up. Their whole conversations during the scene were longer and a bit less about the kissing faces. Then when Daniel asked Regine to get on his lap...EVERYONE broke. They couldn't get through the rest. All the guys couldn barely get through their lines and Daniel ended up doing his duck face (lol) to try to control his giggling which barely worked. It was one of my favorite moments.

The construction scene was also longer and Daniel was adorable spewing out the awkward lines. I definitely don't remember him messing up as much.

They did make him look a LOT less ridiculous than in the rehearsal. So, I guess you're lucky there. I just watched the whole show while at work. Still don't think I loved it. Most of the moments that are burned into my mind didn't happen during the live show. I wish I could have recorded everything that happened. I'll try to post the video of them walking out from the party when I get home from work.
I don't think many of us loved it but thanks for all the inside scoop . Some of my favorite times on SNL have been when actors crack up . Once Ron Howard and Eddie Murphy did a Mayberry skit that had me in tears because they were trying not to crack up .
caramel

Post by caramel »

He loved Daniel's performance. More in that link.

SNL: Daniel Craig the Closeted Character Actor!

When it comes to picking SNL hosts, Lorne Michaels has always made a point of extending invitations to a cross-section of "types," from comedians (Will Ferrell, Melissa McCarthy) to tabloid stars (Taylor Lautner, Lindsay Lohan) to, you know, just whomever the crew wanted to hang out with for a week (Eli Manning, Mick Jagger). But as much as we all enjoy the hosts who are funny by trade, I think my favorite hosts are the dramatic actors. Obviously it's a kick to see serious actors put on silly wigs and behave foolishly for 90 minutes, but they also make great hosts for the simple reason that many of them are GOOD ACTORS. Maybe it's a result of their years of doing Shakespeare at royal academies or maybe they've just grown so tired of their day jobs, but most of these very serious thespians seem to give SNL 110 percent, and that's the kind of commitment this show needs more of, quite frankly. People who don't simply stare vacantly while reading cue cards, but rather take the time to memorize their lines and actually bring distinct characterizations to the sketches. This week, erstwhile serious actor Daniel "Bond James Bond" Craig arrived at Studio 8H for a very fun time indeed, guv'nuh! And he was great. Fully clothed, yet great. Let's talk about it!

http://www.tv.com/news/snl-daniel-craig ... um=twitter
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^ Awwww. Daniel has gotten a lot of love from this. Too, I have found that everyone has his/her own idea of what is funny. A guy friend emailed me saying hat he thought the Regine skit was his favorite - hilarious. The Rolling Stone writer liked it a lot too. It wasn't my favorite, but it' a favorite of others - maybe it's more for guys, I don't know. My guy friend LOVED he construction worker one too.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, I think this very clearly shows, how differnet all of us perceive humor.
But yeah, the more comes out, the more I am relieved. And his future shop hosts have something to talk about besides Bond. Lets see, what he has to say about his experience. We already know, it was NOT what he expected :lol.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol: I could watch 30 mins of the goodnights from SNL last night. Daniel Craig hugging people. That's the kind of girl I am.

From a guy
You don't know how much I wanted to be Fred Armisen in that sketch with Daniel Craig...

DANIEL CRAIG IS THE CUTEST THING AND WHEN HES UNCOMFORTABLE HE SHIFTS HIS WEIGHT AND HIS EYES GO ALL BIG AND SCARED AJDJSMDND

daniel craig is one beautiful white man.

@BrittyJooo Hahah I missed that one! I just watched the Daniel Craig one tonight. It was hilarious

https://twitter.com/robertdsheridan/sta ... 40/photo/1

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SNL after party

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »