Skyfall Theme Song

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It really stays with you...suppose this is what a song like this is supposed to do :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The song has 3,822,808 views on YT. Not sure why it's not on her VEVO, maybe the music video will be.
Update: #1 in 47 countries!
You can follow how "Skyfall" is doing world wide here.
http://kworb.net/itunes/adele.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

Just heard it on the radio in my car! What a surprise :D

Its #1 on iTunes I see.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubita

Post by bubita »

I heard it on the radio yesterday, DJ´s, male and female, where thrill by it, great song, it sticks in your ears. They loved it. :D
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Love it! Can's stop listening to it! :P
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

It's everything a Bond song should sound like; classy with amazing vocals and orchestra. Makes me forget about the abomination Another Way To Die.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

gugita14 wrote:It's everything a Bond song should sound like; classy with amazing vocals and orchestra. Makes me forget about the abomination Another Way To Die.
I saw an interview with Jack White the other day, and he was talking about how he got to make the theme song...apparently, the producers were in a bit of a hurry, so he was free to do whatever he wanted as there was no time for them to change it completely if they didn't like it :wink: 'Another Way to Die' is by no means a bad song, but it just didn't sound right as a Bond song.
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

Hannah wrote:
gugita14 wrote:It's everything a Bond song should sound like; classy with amazing vocals and orchestra. Makes me forget about the abomination Another Way To Die.
I saw an interview with Jack White the other day, and he was talking about how he got to make the theme song...apparently, the producers were in a bit of a hurry, so he was free to do whatever he wanted as there was no time for them to change it completely if they didn't like it :wink: 'Another Way to Die' is by no means a bad song, but it just didn't sound right as a Bond song.
Haha. Which makes sense. I think they really dropped the ball when they put two singers with completely different voice ranges to sing the chorus. It just didn't flow correctly. Granted the song is okay, but as you said, its just not a Bond theme. Skyfall screams Bond theme song in your face.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Heya gugita. BTW- how old are you know - 20? :lol:

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Just got around to listening to it.

Sorry....both the song and the singer do zero for me. :oops: It sounds old-fashioned and has borrowed heavily from the 60s and 70s. I know it's 50 years Bond, but I was hoping for something a little more imaginative. They might as well have wheeled out Shirley Bassey again, this is what it sounds like to me. It has the feeling of a boring dirge. Sorry. :oops: :oops: :oops:
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

Germangirl wrote:Heya gugita. BTW- how old are you know - 20? :lol:
That is correct. :)
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Germangirl wrote:Here is the official version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HKoqNJtMTQ
I was not so convinced about the first small snippets...but the complete song is fantastic. A great Bond-song.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

@JEC - this is what I like about it -. as opposed to his first two songs, this sounds absolutely Bond!