Skyfall Theme Song

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:@JEC - this is what I like about it -. as opposed to his first two songs, this sounds absolutely Bond!
Yup....it's absolutely Bond for sure....in other words "absolutely boring"! :wink: Image
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:@JEC - this is what I like about it -. as opposed to his first two songs, this sounds absolutely Bond!
Yup....it's absolutely Bond for sure....in other words "absolutely boring"! :wink: Image
OK, for this there is no hiding... :buttkick: Blasphemy!!!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

OOps, I deleted your neener, JEC, because I anwered with your avi.

You made :neener: and I

Well, we are not done yet, Lady. When you least expect it :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:OOps, I deleted your neener, JEC, because I anwered with your avi.

You made :neener: and I

Well, we are not done yet, Lady. When you least expect it :twisted:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol:

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

'Fraid I have to side with JEC on this one... :oops: I heard the song in full a few days ago and it was not what I was hoping for. Music is as subjective as any other art form and, alas, you are never going to be able to please everyone with it. :roll:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I think you have to wait till it's paired with the opening sequence, then it may just blow our socks off. I heard it in the car the other day and it gave me goose bumps - just because of the DC/Bond association.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

You're right BB. It may gel better when we hear it at a louder volume on the big screen and, it may be appropriate to the story of the movie (lyric-wise) too........ :)
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

NextBondGirl wrote:'Fraid I have to side with JEC on this one... :oops: I heard the song in full a few days ago and it was not what I was hoping for. Music is as subjective as any other art form and, alas, you are never going to be able to please everyone with it. :roll:
Hi JEC and NextBondGirl, my eldest is perfectly with you there. To my shame I have to say that I haven`t heard it yet AT ALL. :oops: But well, my taste of music leaves much to be desired anyway, so I tend to be one of those who will like it just because.... :roll: But maybe I'll like it right away. We'll see. I could imagine that bumblebee's quite right: Once music and movie work together it'll be all up with me. :sigh:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Don't listen to it, Cookie. Its an "Ohrwurm" and it keeps getting back to you... :roll:

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Even James Bond isn't immune to the soul stirring effects of Adele's voice.

Daniel Craig told Yahoo Movies he was moved to tears first time he heard Adele's "Skyfall," a song he felt "perfectly" matched the feel of the movie.

"I cried," said Craig. "From the opening bars I knew immediately, then the voice kicked in and it was exactly what I'd wanted front the beginning."

"It just got better and better because it fitted the movie. In fact the more of the movie we made, the more it fitted it."

The Bond actor isn't alone in his sentiments, though, with "Skyfall" shooting to No. 1 on the iTunes charts just ten hours after its release.

"Skyfall" was recorded at London's Abbey Road Studios and features a 77-piece orchestra.

Adele was intially concerned about writing the song for the film.

"I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for 'Skyfall,'" Adele said. "There's a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song."

Mendes encouraged Adele to write "a personal song," a few words of support that ultimately led to one of the most lauded Bond theme songs in years. Even artists like Jedward and Willow Smith have put their own spin on the song, recording well-received covers of the tune.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/2 ... _hp_ref=tw
skippy987

Post by skippy987 »

I heard it on the radio yesterday, that Daniel cried when he heard this song. What a tender guy. I wish that I could find someone like him :blowkiss: for myself. I am looking forward to see Skyfall soon :jumpfire: .

Luv.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

skippy987 wrote:I heard it on the radio yesterday, that Daniel cried when he heard this song. What a tender guy. I wish that I could find someone like him :blowkiss: for myself. I am looking forward to see Skyfall soon :jumpfire: .

Luv.
"Someone like him" as in "a nice, sweet guy" or as in the guy Elaine Figgis is looking for in the Red Nose Day sketch? :wink: