Skyfall Spoiler Discussion

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Skyfall Spoiler Discussion

Post by Germangirl »

As suggested by Mrs. Bee.. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Thanks GG - really I thought we could do with a place to discuss any spoilers that come up in the reviews, and then anyone who gets to see Skyfall before it premieres in other countries can have a chit chat here about it.

Here's one that perplexed me already from Total Film's review, but GG says I'm reading into it too much:

"...in line with Craig’s summer assignment at Buckingham Palace, the real Bond girl is of a more seasoned vintage: Dame Judi herself, here evolving from 007’s testy taskmistress into a surrogate mother he will kill to protect"

So does he?

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/criti ... yet/288807
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am reading it, that he kills everybody who attempts to threaten or kill her.

Gosh, I will shed tears, when she passes in his arms (I think). This will be a great scene. He will have that lost, desperate look again like over Vesper.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Well, with what I have read I can see myself bawling at the end of it :lol:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Yes - I think you're right. Gosh how are they going to fill M's shoes?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Yes - I think you're right. Gosh how are they going to fill M's shoes?
With Ralph Fiennes, everyone thinks.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://louderthanwar.com/skyfall-film-r ... um=twitter

On the down side - it seems, he only has very brief sexual encounters AGAIN. Just the one in the shower, the rest is unseen. It looks though, as if we will have a few looks on him naked, so okay, but still...why?

gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

Well from what I've heard, the gun barrel scene appears at the end of the film. A lot of Bond fanboy's are nearly dying because of this. I really don't see why this is such a huge deal, especially if you go to the imdb board. What does it take away from the movie itself? It's only a 5 second scene, who cares if it comes at the end and not the beginning, they act as if though they removed it entirely. It just really irks me that people whine and complain about every little thing. Don't even get me started on the people who were bitching about the supposed replacement of the martini drink with Heineken. Spoiler alert, Bond also drink's orange juice. :roll:

Sorry for the rant. On the flip side, I hope this movie doesn't make me cry at the end. I'm 100% sure I know how this movie ends. :cry:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh well, that's it then, if the gun barrel scene is at the end I'm over it. I'll got watch Breaking Dawn instead! :wink: :wink: :wink:
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

bumblebee wrote:Oh well, that's it then, if the gun barrel scene is at the end I'm over it. I'll got watch Breaking Dawn instead! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Hahaha. :lol: Time to boycott Skyfall now because the gun barrel scene is at the end! That is my deal breaker for every Bond movie because character development and plot isn't that important. Next thing you know, they will open up a website called www.craigsgunbarrelsceneisnotatthebeginning.com in which they try to boycott the movie. :lol: :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yup, sooo stupid, but they will get over it. :lol:

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Reminds me of the fuss they made over CR and the line "Bond, James Bond".

Will he say it? Won't he say it? It won't be a Bond movie without it. And as for waiting until the final shot in the movie!! :gaah:

In the end, even the Bond boy fans said it was perfect. :roll: :lol:

My guess is it will be the same with this. :wink:
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

Hmmm according to Empire's review of Skyfall, Silva is "a loathesome foreigner with a hidden (and gruesome) deformity."

I wonder what that deformity is? When I went to the imdb board, someone said it was his hair. Not going to lie, that one had me laughing. :lol: Still though, I wonder what it is?
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

bumblebee wrote:a surrogate mother he will kill to protect"
My brain seems to be interpreting that sentence in a totally different way from everyone else's! Is the ultimate way to protect something to destroy it??

Just a thought :wink:
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Miss-Meow wrote:
bumblebee wrote:a surrogate mother he will kill to protect"
My brain seems to be interpreting that sentence in a totally different way from everyone else's! Is the ultimate way to protect something to destroy it??

Just a thought :wink:
This could be, too, IMO, but I doubt, it has to be done here. This would mean, death is a better option for a person than life.