News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Adele has a crush on ‘Bond’ actor Daniel Craig

Reported in the Friday release of Star Magazine, the "Skyfall" singer has admitted to having a crush on "Skyfall" actor Daniel Craig who plays Bond.

Adele almost pulled out of recording the hit theme song for "Skyfall" because of her crush.

Sources reported to Star:

““Adele had panic attacks because Daniel has been her No. 1 celebrity crush for more than 10 years.. She was so freaked out when her management team told her the Bond producers wanted her to record the song, she had to lie down.”

Adele admitted:

““I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for Skyfall. There’s a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song.”

It turns out that Daniel Craig loved her song and the two are now great friends.

http://www.examiner.com/article/adele-h ... niel-craig
That's freaky. I know there a lot of us out there who think highly of Daniel but this was the LAST thing I'd expect her to say!! :o Maybe the girl has some 'smarts' after all! :wink:
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:So - how possible is this? JEC?

It looks like Daniel Craig is the first Bond actor to be a descendent of the real James Bond, the ornithologist Ian Fleming named his iconic spy after. Several articles had stated this:

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/9093/20 ... s-bond.htm

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00055369.html
"Craig and Bond, who died in 1989, are related through John of Gaunt, who is the Duke of Lancaster, who is also the son of King Edward III of England, according to Ancestry.com. "

No idea whether Daniel is related to the ornithologist, but can tell you that such claims as to be descended from people like John of Gaunt are ten-a-penny.

John of Gaunt liked to put it about it and had several illigitimate children that were known of and probably loads more that were not known of. He also had two wives and a stack of kids with them too.

If you consider that conservatively he had 10 documented kids and multiply that by about 15 generations then there must be thousands of people descended from ol' John.

Given the large numbers involved, I suppose it is possible to find a cross-pollination between Daniel's line and one of the hundreds of lines for John that might include the ornithologist Bond.
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

:lol: Just read the comments with the men trying to make him shorter and us girls defending him!!
http://www.celebheights.com/s/Daniel-Craig-1166.html
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

NextBondGirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Adele has a crush on ‘Bond’ actor Daniel Craig

Reported in the Friday release of Star Magazine, the "Skyfall" singer has admitted to having a crush on "Skyfall" actor Daniel Craig who plays Bond.

Adele almost pulled out of recording the hit theme song for "Skyfall" because of her crush.

Sources reported to Star:

““Adele had panic attacks because Daniel has been her No. 1 celebrity crush for more than 10 years.. She was so freaked out when her management team told her the Bond producers wanted her to record the song, she had to lie down.”

Adele admitted:

““I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for Skyfall. There’s a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song.”

It turns out that Daniel Craig loved her song and the two are now great friends.

http://www.examiner.com/article/adele-h ... niel-craig
That's freaky. I know there a lot of us out there who think highly of Daniel but this was the LAST thing I'd expect her to say!! :o Maybe the girl has some 'smarts' after all! :wink:

A girl with taste, i mean who can resist, we would have all been the same, swoon swoon swoon! :D :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

DANIEL CRAIG’S LICENCE TO LEG IT

BOND hunk Daniel Craig has admitted he would run a mile if a fight broke out.

“I know I play a tough guy,” he said, “but that’s genuinely not me.

“I’ve always been very good at avoiding fights, having worked in pubs and seen pools of blood everywhere.”

But Craig, 44, star of new 007 blockbuster Skyfall, did confess he gets riled when other men look at his wife.

“The only thing to get me in trouble would be someone looking at my girl the wrong way,” he told a US mag.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/28 ... to-leg-it/
Vynera

Post by Vynera »

Aww thanks for the tidbit SG! Daniel really does love his wife. I wonder what he'd do if someone looked wrong at Henry :brood:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I wished, he would stop putting himself down. I think, its true, he will always try to avoid a fight, but not because he is a jerk, but because he doesn't believe in it being a good idea.
I wouldn't want to get in his way, once he gets angry and has to defend someone like Rachel or Henry or Ella.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:I wished, he would stop putting himself down. I think, its true, he will always try to avoid a fight, but not because he is a jerk, but because he doesn't believe in it being a good idea.
I wouldn't want to get in his way, once he gets angry and has to defend someone like Rachel or Henry or Ella.
"Daniel's a hard lad - you wouldn't want to meet him in a dark street. Is he a wimp? No. I wouldn't like to call him that to his face". - Timothy Craig

My thinking is that he tries not to fight because when he loses his temper, he really loses it. Just the way he looks when he is really pissed off.
Last edited by JEC57 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Sylvia's girl wrote:DANIEL CRAIG’S LICENCE TO LEG IT

“I’ve always been very good at avoiding fights, having worked in pubs and seen pools of blood everywhere.”

But Craig, 44, star of new 007 blockbuster Skyfall, did confess he gets riled when other men look at his wife.

“The only thing to get me in trouble would be someone looking at my girl the wrong way,” he told a US mag.

Swoon! Stop doing this to me, Daniel.... :thud:
PossessiveDaniel FTW

May, if you read this post, I need to know if you're thinking what I am thinking! Remember that Ben Affleck episode :brood:
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

caramel wrote:
May, if you read this post, I need to know if you're thinking what I am thinking! Remember that Ben Affleck episode :brood:
Yes, I do. :mrgreen:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Actress admits: 'I wish I'd been wilder in my sex scenes with Daniel Craig'

Daniel Craig's sex scenes with pensioner Anne Reid raised eyebrows in The Mother, but the 77-year-old actress says she wishes they had been even wilder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... ig.html#sf
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just saw it in TV adds. For the Germans: The Spiegel is exploring charisma and has 7 different cards starting with Obama over Ali and literally ending with DC as Bond.

Very few have it, this ability to touch others.... ..the text going with the add.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I read the original article, and although he said what was quoted, I don't believe he mentioned his wife, did he? It was about him being jealous in the past. Anyway, boy, he sure has nothing to worry about. Who could top HHH??? :thud:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:

I read the original article, and although he said what was quoted, I don't believe he mentioned his wife, did he? It was about him being jealous in the past. Anyway, boy, he sure has nothing to worry about. Who could top HHH??? :thud:

Did you read the fill article? Can't get the full article in UK yet unfortunately.
caramel

Post by caramel »

One person who may not be praising the latest James Bond installment, Skyfall, is James Franco. Not because he didn’t enjoy the Sam Mendes–directed spy film necessarily, but, per the New York Post, because he didn’t get through it. While at the ArcLight Theater in Hollywood—which, in Franco’s defense, does have really comfortable seats—he and Pretty Little Liars actress Ashley Benson fell asleep during a Skyfall screening earlier this week. The pair were so passed out that they reportedly had to be “woken up by theater staff at the end of the movie.”

Had Franco’s professional schedule been any less busy (and, as previously noted, the ArcLight’s seats any less cushy), this incident could be seen as either a James Franco slight to star Daniel Craig or a James Franco slight to James Franco’s public image. But considering his very busy schedule teaching, writing, acting, and recording music with Smokey Robinson, we will just consider this another humanizing footnote (about falling asleep in public places) in James Franco’s inhumanly long C.V.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars ... niel-craig

If you are so insanely tired, why bother coming to a screening? Idiot.