Casting news-rumors

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

Having watched Argo, I wish Ben Afleck were the director for this one.
He more than proved he can do a good thriller based in a diff time period.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:Having watched Argo, I wish Ben Afleck were the director for this one.
I watched Affleck interviewed on some political show last weekend. I was never a fan, but I am now. It was mostly about his humanitarian work in the Congo, not because he was promoting himself but because he's trying to bring awareness to the plight of these poor people I could see him running for office some day. HIGHLY articulate and intelligent.

I liked that article/interview about Clooney. Oh man, can I relate to the faking the confidence thing. I have to act like my skin is made of Teflon at work, that nothing can rattle me; otherwise any sign of stress or upset will transfer to others. If I'm cool, I can keep others cool, regardless of the possible CATASTROPHE that could be around the corner but they don't know it. Emotions are contagious. Stay positive, upbeat, and strong, and others will follow suit. A miserable person sucks everyone around them down.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

really liked that Clooney interview

ita about Affleck
I enjoy his movies :blowkiss:
hopefully Dan will work with him someday!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So - they will mostly film in Normandie as well as in Europe

Le tournage doit démarrer théoriquement le 1er mars 2013 sur le continent européen, et notamment en France, en Normandie, site historique du débarquement des Alliés du 6 juin 1944. En plus d'en être le réalisateur, George Clooney sera l'acteur principal du film.

http://www.francetv.fr/culturebox/georg ... ilm-124293
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

caramel wrote:Having watched Argo, I wish Ben Afleck were the director for this one.
Intersting, in the article GG posted it says

"They hired a lot of the staff of the film "Argo" Ben Affleck. Thus, the French composer Alexandre Desplat, who wrote the soundtrack of "Argo", should also sign of the "Monuments Men"."

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Cam

Post by Cam »

Germangirl wrote:So - they will mostly film in Normandie as well as in Europe

Le tournage doit démarrer théoriquement le 1er mars 2013 sur le continent européen, et notamment en France, en Normandie, site historique du débarquement des Alliés du 6 juin 1944. En plus d'en être le réalisateur, George Clooney sera l'acteur principal du film.

Ok so i'm already booking some train ticket to Normandie right now... :D no seriously i'm probably going to do whatever i can to meet some of the cast, and what a cast!
(cool article by the way, thks <3)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:
Intersting, in the article GG posted it says

"They hired a lot of the staff of the film "Argo" Ben Affleck. Thus, the French composer Alexandre Desplat, who wrote the soundtrack of "Argo", should also sign of the "Monuments Men"."
I read somewhere that Desplat is already onboard. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cam wrote:

Ok so i'm already booking some train ticket to Normandie right now... :D no seriously i'm probably going to do whatever i can to meet some of the cast, and what a cast!
I am sure, they need extras. You could go for that. Just inquire a film production studio, that is big over there and try to find out stuff.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Cam

Post by Cam »

Germangirl wrote:
Cam wrote:

I am sure, they need extras. You could go for that. Just inquire a film production studio, that is big over there and try to find out stuff.
I'm more looking for a intership kinda thing, since i'm a cinema student it'll be awesome to finally work on a full-length movie set! I can't find anything for now on which French productions are going to be involve in it, but i'll keep looking ^^
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You are? WOW, that's great. Yes, there should be info about it out there.

Cam

Post by Cam »

And i will find it :D but the extra thing is a good idea too btw! i'll think about it if i really can't find anything else
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cam

Post by Cam »

Thks but since it's not a French production i don't think i'm gonna find anything on the internet for now, but i've got my sources ;D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Undecided whether or not its good, that the cast is so star studded. At least, i will ensure the film a lot of attention. As long as he doesn't let himself being overshadowed too much.

Matt Damon Joins Monumental Cast Of George Clooney’s Next Film

EXCLUSIVE: Matt Damon is negotiating to join The Monuments Men, the period drama that George Clooney will direct in January in Europe as a co-production between Sony Pictures and 20th Century Fox. Damon joins what continues to be shaping up as an amazing cast. Besides Damon and Clooney, the film will star Skyfall‘s Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, The Artist’s Jean Dujardin, Argo‘s John Goodman, Hugh Bonneville and Bob Balaban. Clooney and Damon did the Ocean’s Eleven movies together and Syriana.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/matt-da ... next-film/

Could January be true?

caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:Undecided whether or not its good, that the cast is so star studded. At least, i will ensure the film a lot of attention. As long as he doesn't let himself being overshadowed too much.

Matt Damon Joins Monumental Cast Of George Clooney’s Next Film

EXCLUSIVE: Matt Damon is negotiating to join The Monuments Men, the period drama that George Clooney will direct in January in Europe as a co-production between Sony Pictures and 20th Century Fox. Damon joins what continues to be shaping up as an amazing cast. Besides Damon and Clooney, the film will star Skyfall‘s Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, The Artist’s Jean Dujardin, Argo‘s John Goodman, Hugh Bonneville and Bob Balaban. Clooney and Damon did the Ocean’s Eleven movies together and Syriana.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/matt-da ... next-film/

Could January be true?
I am excited about the January shooting. They can wrap earlier and more time for post-prod....
But I don't know how to feel about Damon joining the cast :|
You are right about the possibility of focus shifting with too many big names. Wish we could get some info on who is playing what to get an idea of how big Daniel's part is.