Old news (but still interesting)

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Loofah

Post by Loofah »

I just added the scans of the Entertainment Weekly article to the gallery. It's under "my albums" (titled Entertainment Weekly Summer 2005 Music Preview Issue) because I'm a techno-boob and couldn't figure out how to add it to the magazine area. Wendy or Ashlee, if you can change it that'd be great! :)
sigl

Post by sigl »

A techno-boob???? I really like that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been calling myself a computer idiot, but this is MUCH more descriptive!
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

It's a variation on my other favorite description of myself, techno-spaz. :roll:
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

My cache of magazines revealed another Daniel nugget this morning. This article was in the March 31, 2006 issue of Entertainment Weekly. I've added it to my "Miscellaneous" album in the Gallery.

Click on the photos to see the full-size, and enjoy if you haven't already read this. :)
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Great article!
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

Here's another from my treasure trove of old magazines. This is from the Oct. 26, 2006 issue of "Entertainment Weekly." I love what it says about Daniel. ;)

Click on the photo to see full size.
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

Here's yet another goody from my stack of old magazines. This was in the "best of 2006" year-end issue of "Entertainment Weekly." I've uploaded it to the gallery.

Click on the picture to see full size.

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Star sisters in the limelight
Oct 10 2007

By Leda Reynolds, Birmingham Mail

WHILE other youngsters busy themselves with hobbies and homework, Birmingham schoolgirls Sophie and Katie Bird are set for stardom as they work alongside big name stars such as Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig.

Sophie, aged 13, has been hand-picked to act as stunt double for actress Dakota Blue Richards in Hollywood blockbuster The Golden Compass, featuring the two stars..

And Katie, aged 11, has landed a star role in a BBC pop show.

Sophie, a pupil at Solihull's Lyndon School, is one of the youngest stuntwomen in the country and won her role after impressing London talent scouts with her athletic ability and martial arts skills.

The plot centres around a girl called Lyra (Dakota) who travels to a parallel universe to rescue children.

"I had to pretend to hit people and be hit as well," said Sophie, who lives in Sheldon with Katie, Charlotte, 15, mother Sally and step-father Phil Tommy.

Sophie spent eight months filming in London - but school was not completely forgotten.

"We had a tutor and had to do three hours of school work a day," she said.

But the teenager also spent time getting tips from Oscar-winner Nicole Kidman and Bond star Daniel Craig.
"I'd see Nicole in make-up and she'd have her rollers in," said Sophie. "She's really nice and really friendly and so is Daniel."

"I can't wait to see the film - my name will be in the credits so it's very exciting."

Katie is also looking forward to seeing herself on screen after winning a role in the show David and Carrie's Popshop on the BBC children's channel CBeebies.

"David and Carrie Grant of Fame Academy are in it and the idea is that you go to the shop with a problem and they sort it out and we sing songs," said Katie, who also attends Lyndon School and is a member of The Brit Youth Theatre in Solihull.

The Golden Compass is due to be released on December 5.
Another one who says DC is a nice person. Yes I know - old news, but still... :wink:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
jovichick

Post by jovichick »

Great for Sophie......and she's from my home town!!!!! I know for a fact that there are a lot of Danny mad fans in this part of the world. XX
I will be keeping my eye on our Government's money....and off your perfectly formed arse - You noticed!!
funnlim

Post by funnlim »

Anglophile wrote:Sounds plausible enough to me Vesper, but there are so many theories out there, I guess we'll never know which one is closest to the truth.
Here's another one:

KATE'S MAN DAN IS A RAT
EXCLUSIVE
By Dan Evans 11/04/2004

KATE Moss's new man Daniel Craig has been branded spineless and cruel by his ex-girlfriend.
Love Actually movie star Heike Makatsch, 33, is deeply upset after craggy-faced Daniel, 35, dumped her for supermodel Kate, 30.
The beauty only discovered Daniel's romance with Moss after reading our exclusive story last week.

"Heike is furious that Daniel has run off with Kate," a friend said last night. "After seven years together, she hoped he would at least have warned her.
"She had no idea that he had started seeing her. To say it came as as bit of a shock is an understatement. She feels utterly let down and devastated.
"Heike thought she and Daniel would work out their differences and get back together but there is no chance of that now - she thinks Daniel has been spineless and cruel."

Last week we told how cover girl Kate and Tomb Raider star Daniel secretly jetted to New York for a romantic weekend.
The friend added: "Even though they split late in January, Heike had still been holding a candle for Daniel. They had kept in touch - but he certainly never mentioned Kate. Heike's been in bits ever since. It's bad enough losing the love of your life, but she feels stabbed in the back too."

Our revelations ended months of speculation over the state of Kate's relationship with magazine publisher Jefferson Hack, 31.
Jefferson, father of Kate's 16-month-old daughter, Lila Grace, moved out of their London home three weeks ago. Kate and Daniel have been dating for five weeks after meeting through their mutual friends, actors Gwyneth Paltrow and Rhys Ifans.

Heike was in Jamaica last week filming her latest project, a feelgood movie called Lively Up Yourself.
The friend added: "Heike is throwing herself into her work but she is still extremely angry. She feels that Daniel has been very underhand."

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_o ... _page.html

Please bear in mind that this is a tabloid article, and even IF these things have been said, it wasn't Heike who said them but some alleged friend of hers, so I'd take this with a grain of salt.
Not surprising, and finally a purported perspective from the woman herself. Of course she went on to marry one of her co-star and had a child but I believe the speed of it is her way of recovering from what she terms as a betrayal. Some even suggested he was having an affair with Kate Moss whilst still with her. One look at the time line may answer this but it doesn't matter. Anyone near Kate Moss would be awed by her, after all she is a supermodel even if I don't think she's that pretty. And she probably made the smartest choice by going out with Dan, rather than her subsequent man who was embroiled in violent and drug out behaviour.

A question; Daniel was a smoker, perhaps, he also of course drinks as evidenced by his rather drunken look in some earlier photos. Was he ever experimental when it comes to drugs? Any reports to such effect or was he not famous enough to have such sordid details out?

I think Satsuki is very lucky to have appeared at the right time when he is on the brink of stardom and is ready to be responsible towards himself and perhaps have partied enough to want to settle down again, even if it does not mean marriage but rather tamed you see. Who knows, she may not be the one since this is a man who is into really long term relationship and if an 8 year old relationship can just be broken off just like that, anything can happen.

However much I am his fan, to tell you the truth I believe the underlying fact of that article, however gossipy it sounded. He's not perfect, he cheated on his girlfriend probably, maybe cheated on his best friend (is he still chums with Jude Law?), cheated on his ex-wife, whatever. People grow up and when they were young and immature they did hurtful and often stupid things. Maybe at 39 he had wise up and is more appreciative of the people around him rather than taking on those thrill a minute type of reckless behaviour. If that is the case and since even Heike has moved on, what more can a fan to do but to go with the flow and hopes he doesn't meet Petra Nemcova when he is still with Satsuki. But she likes mushy singer so maybe dear Daniel doesn't have a chance.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

funnlim wrote:[ what more can a fan to do but to go with the flow and hopes he doesn't meet Petra Nemcova when he is still with Satsuki. But she likes mushy singer so maybe dear Daniel doesn't have a chance.
Please explain that Nemcova-thing to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never heared her name in connexion with Daniel :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
funnlim

Post by funnlim »

Dunda wrote:
funnlim wrote:[ what more can a fan to do but to go with the flow and hopes he doesn't meet Petra Nemcova when he is still with Satsuki. But she likes mushy singer so maybe dear Daniel doesn't have a chance.

Ahhh just an example. She is pretty, she is a supermodel and she is very driven eventhough she looks quite relaxed. And she is slim. Almost all the qualities he seems to be attracted to in all his women. Truth be told, for me anyone but Sienna Miller would be just fine. I am quite sick of her really.

Anyway, who knows eh?
Deb

Post by Deb »

funnlim wrote:
Dunda wrote:

Ahhh just an example. She is pretty, she is a supermodel and she is very driven eventhough she looks quite relaxed. And she is slim. Almost all the qualities he seems to be attracted to in all his women. Truth be told, for me anyone but Sienna Miller would be just fine. I am quite sick of her really.

Anyway, who knows eh?
I second that!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I have read this and other articles before - and still think, he must have been a very different person to the one I have watched since December, if he would cheat on another person (not only woman) in that way.
He certainly had to do some growing up concerning some habits, but I don´t think that being unfaithful, uncaring and being a coward are among them.

Only my two cents though...unfortunately we can only rely on our instincts here, based on what we hear, read and see. :(
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

magch

Post by magch »

I don't read tabloid magazines and really would rather these fake news or news with no real evidence go away. Unfortunately even if I don't want to read these news, they are everywhere and one cannot really escape from them unless we get rid of computers, TVs...I like his acting and I don't care whether he is or is not cheating on a woman, a man,or whatever. These magazines create stories and I prefer not to spend my energy studying or trying to make sense of them. My point is, there is no way we will really know him anyway so why dwell on these things that we cannot possibly know, his personality, his personal life, his morals, etc.