THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Monty

Post by Monty »

Elvenstar wrote:wow
imo total bs
I would imagine after the Skyfall sucess & $$$ he would love to make movie not based on the moneymaking potiential....
I agree, that sounds like Daniel!
"I am absolutely certain that we shape our own destinies and we have to take care of it." - Daniel Craig
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote:Rooney Mara dismisses the rumour.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170121 ... um=twitter
I can't really read it, as the MTV sign gets in front. Could you copy and paste it, please?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

There you go...

Dragon Tattoo' Sequel Won't Write Out Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara Promises

'I don't know where that rumor was started, but it would never be a possibility,' the 'Side Effects' star tells MTV News.

Deep breaths, "Dragon Tattoo" fans: reports of Mikael Blomkvist's untimely death have been greatly exaggerated.

Earlier in the week, a report surfaced that a "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" sequel is indeed in the works — but that it would proceed without Daniel Craig as the crusading journalist at the heart of the tale. The news was surprising for a variety of reasons; how could Blomkvist exit the film without fundamentally changing the narrative? And would the powers that be seriously entertain the notion of cutting the world-famous James Bond actor from the franchise?

Ask one key "Dragon Tattoo" player that very question, and the answer you'll receive is a resounding "no." MTV News spoke with Lisbeth Salander herself, actress Rooney Mara, at the New York City premiere of "Side Effects" on Thursday (January 31), and she denied reports that "The Girl Who Played with Fire" would move forward without Craig.

"I've been talking a lot with ['Dragon Tattoo' director David Fincher] about the sequel, and I don't know where that rumor was started — but it would never be a possibility," Mara told MTV about rumors of Craig's exit. "He wouldn't be written out."

Mara insists that Craig's role is secure in the sequel, but she was less clear on whether or not Fincher would return to direct "The Girl Who Played with Fire."

"I would hope that he would," Mara said about the filmmaker's possible return to the director's chair. "But no matter what, he'll definitely have some sort of involvement."

Can you imagine a "Dragon Tattoo" sequel moving forward without Craig? How about without Fincher as director? Tell us in the comments section below!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The good in all this MIGHT be, that we finally get some REAL news about it. Its in the news now and people would like answers.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Cass and Sylvia :D

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

cassandra wrote:Rooney Mara dismisses the rumour.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170121 ... um=twitter
That's a bit more like it. I hope she's right
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

thx Queen Rooney
finally some sense!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, we can frest this case. Never made much sense from the beginning.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Rooney Mara: I ‘Hope’ To Make Dragon Tattoo Sequels; Actress Says Daniel Craig Also Game To Return

http://www.accesshollywood.com/rooney-m ... icle_75970
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It looks, as if nobody really knows anything at this point. Such a shame.

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Saw Goran Visnjic on Kelli and Micheal and he hopes it will start filming in the winter ...
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Laredo wrote:Saw Goran Visnjic on Kelli and Micheal and he hopes it will start filming in the winter ...
That would be aewsome! Of course I'd like to see DC in it and everything else, but I'm just excited to see more Lisbeth and her adventures. I loved Tattoo.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Winter should be the start of shooting Bond. I deffo rather have Bond in 14 then Tattoo and I believe, that is the plan.

bubita

Post by bubita »

If they start shooting in June he would be ready for Bond in December or January next year, if they just planning to do the next book alone, that would be a very tight schedule though.
Love Tattoo!