Skyfall Awards

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah for DDL. First win for Lincoln.
..and last.

Argo won Best Picture.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Hard to avoid coverage, all over Facebook, etc. it's being shown in the US on BBC America at 8 PM ET. Ages yet!

I'm assuming he was a no show. Poo.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:I nevefr saw Babs looking that sexy - and her precious pet ain't there to see it :evil:
No kidding! She and Sam look so nice. She's never looked prettier, IMO. Maybe she's practicing for Daniel :lol: .
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Yes, Babs looked great. I watched the Bafas on TV tonight and I also recorded the ceremony.

This is what Sam Mendes said in his short speech of thanks:

1,292 people worked on this movie and I stand here on behalf of all of them. We all had very high expectations for the film and I think it’s fair to say that all of them have been exceeded, and this really is the icing on the cake. So, thank you very much Bafta. There are two people I want to say a special thank you to. I want to say thank you to the person around who we built this movie and without whom the movie could not have happened and that, of course, is Daniel Craig, [clapping from those on stage and the audience] for his bravery and his brilliance and his friendship and his sheer bloody-mindedness. And last, but by no means least, I want to say thank you to someone who is not here, to the great Ian Fleming who sixty years ago, almost to the day, sat down and wrote: ‘He was a secret agent and still alive thanks to his exact attention to the detail of his profession.' Here’s to the next fifty years. Thank you very much.

It was very good that he acknowledged Daniel in such a generous way.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Awwwww. Surely Daniel will watch the telecast in an hour here if he hasn't already watched the live feed.

It's just a matter of time before Daniel gets nominated. Harvey Weinstein, Clooney, or someone else will cast him in the role of a lifetime (okay, well the second role of a lifetime.)
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Just watched Michael Wilson and Mendes give acceptance speeches and Barbara illuminate at the mention of Daniel's name. I would bet ANYTHING that she has had cosmetic surgery on her face. NO DOUBT. But she looks fabulous. I'd like to know the name of her doctor!
caramel

Post by caramel »

I love how sincere Sam Mendes sounds when he says those nice things about Daniel. Some have the knack for it and Sam is great.
Hope Daniel and Rachel watched the telecast and that she gave him a huge kiss.

It was touching to see Bradley in tears when David O'Russel was giving his speech.
Loved Ben's speech too. Its nice to see how genuinely appreciative he is of the awards he's been receiving this season.

Haven't seen Amour but I'm glad Riva won for a change.
JenLaw was great in SLP but not that great imo to swoop in and take all the awards.
Yeah I want Joaquin to win the Oscar. Enough of DDL. Let someone else shine.
Hoping for someone other than Anne Hathaway to win the Oscar.
Anne is becoming insufferable imo.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Rivaaaaaaaaa! :thud:

best thing abt this ceremony

SLP, Argo - overrated

really hoped Roger will have his deserved Cnematograhy prise (((((

Sam is great! Babs indeed IS a Bond gal :D

maybe I'm mean lol
glad that Dan wasnt there

he deserved to be nominated
if not let the 'others, 'more deserving acc to this academy' shine

Rog won ASC tho
well at least its SOMETHING
http://www.awardsdaily.com/blog/2013/02 ... phers-tba/ :jumpfire: :jump: :cheer: :dance2: :hyper:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

caramel wrote: Haven't seen Amour but I'm glad Riva won for a change.
JenLaw was great in SLP but not that great imo to swoop in and take all the awards.
JenLaw and O'Russel weren't amused. :lol: :twisted:

I hope Riva will win the Oscar it would be also a nice birthday gíft since she celebrates her 86th birthday that day. :)
caramel wrote: Hoping for someone other than Anne Hathaway to win the Oscar.
Anne is becoming insufferable imo.
Is becoming. She always was insufferable. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Anne has a way to get herself into "situations", like no underwear, DC f*** bomb etc. She seems a good actress, but i am not sure, how clever she is.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Some really nice comments for DC here...

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/baftas-2013- ... 01207.html
caramel

Post by caramel »

Going a bit off topic here -
Maybelline wrote:
JenLaw and O'Russel weren't amused. :lol: :twisted:
He is just ridiculous.
http://www.laineygossip.com/The-Best-Lo ... FTAs/25928

"In a 2000 interview, Clooney described his confrontation with Russell after tensions on the set had been steadily increasing.
According to Clooney, Russell was demeaning the crew verbally and physically. Clooney felt this was out of line and told Russell, "David, it's a big day.
But you can't shove, push or humiliate people who aren't allowed to defend themselves."
After the confrontation escalated, Clooney said Russell eventually apologized and filming continued, but Clooney described the incident as "truly, without exception, the worst experience of my life."
When asked if he would work with Russell again, Clooney responded, "Life’s too short."[13] "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_O._Russell

Good for Clooney and I don't like David O'Russell. Hope SLP loses big time in the Oscars. Just because.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WOW Sylvia - never read so many great comments. Thanks..

Vynera

Post by Vynera »

I'm really happy about this award, and it was so well deserved. Shame they snubbed Daniel though. And I want to smack that expression off of O'Russell's face. How dare he. I hope Riva wins the oscar now.
"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz