Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Latest bs making the rounds. Not that I mind the contence - apart from the Purvis/Wade part.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rehab/view/2 ... e-to-till/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From the douplicate tread I mistakingly opened.

Seems Mendes might be much closer to doing it then we think. If he doesn't screw up the timeline, I am all for it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ccess.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Ben Whishaw Hints At Bond Filming Date

Ben Whishaw has revealed the James Bond crew are likely to reunite in 10 months' time to begin shooting the 24th installment and he is crossing his fingers for Sam Mendes to return as director.

Ben Whishaw has hinted filming for the 24th James Bond movie will kick off early 2014.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/mov ... 80889.html

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-02- ... ten-months

Skyfall star Ben Whishaw: Daniel Craig and I "will probably be back together in about ten months"
Filming on the next Bond movie is likely to start in less than a year, suggests Wishaw - and Daniel Craig will be playing Bond in at least three more films
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I doubt the three more, but who knows. But the rest sounds great. SOME good news :wink: or at least a chance for good news.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Let's face it... after the fantastic success of SF they're gonna want to keep Daniel onboard for as long as they can aren't they? :thumbup: I have no qualms with Daniel staying on for even more Bonds, as long as he continues to feel challenged and happy doing it. Also, it would have to allow him scope for other roles inbetween. I just want the rest of the world to know what we do already: That he is one of the best actors the world has. The more people that know that, the more his 'Non Bond' work should be recognised and seen by filmgoers, increasing his box office clout. 8)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

James Bond bosses want Adele to sing new theme tune

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... z2MSpeJrKj
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Makes sense.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sam Mendes officially turns down James Bond 24

Rumours had been rife that, hot off the success of Skyfall, director Sam Mendes might be tempted back to the director's chair on the next James Bond movie. The thus-far untitled Bond 24 is set to shoot at the end of the year (from a script by John Logan), for release in 2014, and Mendes was the running favourite to direct.

However, it's not going to happen.

While James Bond 24 presses ahead, Empire is reporting that Sam Mendes has officially declined the chance to direct the film. "It has been a very difficult decision not to accept Michael and Barbara’s very generous offer to direct the next Bond movie", Mendes said, explaining "but I have theatre and other commitments, including productions of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory and King Lear, that need my complete focus over the next year and beyond".

Mendes doesn't rule out returning to direct another James Bond film in the future. But for producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson, the search is on for someone to fill Mendes' shoes. No easy task, although Rupert Wyatt has just dropped out of directing The Equalizer...

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/james-b ... es-bond-24
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Good that Mr Sam "I have no own style" Mendes is out I hope they give Mr Matthew "I have more style in my little toe" Vaughn the chance. Sorry but Layer Cake was better to me as Skyfall and Vaughn's Kick-Ass is one of my favourite movies of the last years.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Maybelline wrote::cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Good that Mr Sam "I have no own style" Mendes is out I hope they give Mr Matthew "I have more style in my little toe" Vaughn the chance. Sorry but Layer Cake was better to me as Skyfall and Vaughn's Kick-Ass is one of my favourite movies of the last years.
He'll probably be tied up with The Fantastic Four!
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Maybelline wrote::cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Vaughn? Oh no Bond is so much better material.

I just want to say I have not the money to go often in the cinema and I wouldn't pay for the next Bond when Mendes would have directed it because IMO he can do only drama movies. I would wait and rent it then or would wait until my friend bought it since he likes Daniel as well.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Didn't know, you disliked the film so much :shock:
I am just happy, that the wait for Sam is over and they can actively start searching for someone else.
Tip - send Daniel to a celeb party and let him have a go :twisted:

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Sylvia's girl wrote:

Not only that, he's a big Bond fan and said that doing a Bond movie would have been a dream, but made it clear that he had his "Bond" style movie by making X-Men: First Class.

I always wanted to do a Cold War movie and I'm desperate to do a Bond film, always have been, and here I got to have my cake and eat it. I got to do an X-Men film and a Bond thing Frankenheimer sort of political thriller at the same time."

"I sort of want the Brocolli's to regret never hiring me. I was very keen to direct Bond. I don't know if I am any more, to be blunt, now that I've done this. I really love Daniel [Craig], though you know, it might be interesting if they one day decide to cast Fassbender as Bond, then maybe I'll go 'Hey!'"
source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/marv ... e%20Reader

I don't think he's up to it. I love all his movies but I don't have high hopes that it will happen.

Maybe in 2018 :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He says No to Daniel and Yes to Fassbender? I wonder, where the difference is for him.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:He says No to Daniel and Yes to Fassbender? I wonder, where the difference is for him.
Hmmm this was just after he has done XMen and it featured a Bond-like Fassbender as Magneto, so he doing good promotion for HIS Bond-like movie.

Xmen felt indeed a very Bondish, but for me this was due to the larger than life and slightly comical overdone baddie. Kudos to Kevin Bacon.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com